New WVU Uniforms

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look ok, but nothing unique about them. I like the yellow helmet. I do NOT like that number font. What they had previously became their signature look. Nike is getting fairly stale to me. Every look is essentially the same but color-blocking the sleeve and applying a custom font. What happened to striping and unique individual looks? Will need to see some better shots but I also think I might see some integration of black as well (not entirely sure, though).

"Hey [random university] -- want to essentially look like every other school?"

"Sure do!"

"Awesome! Here's template 16A, but with your logo!"

"Looks good, but can we have a really dumb number font?"

"Duh -- of course you can!"

"Sweet! We're guaranteed to get one additional ESPN3.com appearance this year and make the Fuddruckers Bowl!"

"You know it! Hey team, let's go buy Xboxes, Teslas and Armani Exchange gift certificates!"

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That FONT. The most random and strange thing I've seen. Does not jive at all with the flying WV logo or any other West Virginia themes. Seriously. That is the most arbitrarily chopped up and overly designed typeset. WOW.

Edit- those pit panels are looking like ass.

BITz6B3CcAAxd7B.jpg

That font is a disaster when compared to the rest of the WV brand. The old font was a much better fit with the WV logo, it just had to be de-italicized.

I love the gold helmets. The white helmets don't really bring anything to the set, other than allowing them to be too matchy-matchy at times.

Love 'em. And for people scrutinizing the number font. If you watch the additional release vid they tried to honor the coal miners with the pitch fork idea in relation to the number. Either way these are better than half the crap I have seen in the CFB thread ala UNC.

Love 'em. And for people scrutinizing the number font. If you watch the additional release vid they tried to honor the coal miners with the pitch fork idea in relation to the number. Either way these are better than half the crap I have seen in the CFB thread ala UNC.

Just because there is an idea doesn't make it automatically good.

Archived