NFL teams that need new unis.

Decker85

The Bengals look was perfect once they moved the numbers to the sleeve and went to standard block instead of Champion font. I liked the tiger on the sleeve, but with today's jersey cuts, it could easily be eliminated and the uniform would still look perfect.

Maybe black socks would work too, but orange is fine. Their black pants were fantastic with this set, and should have been worn more (but not exclusivey) - home and away.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved both versions of the Bengals' 81-03 uniforms. I hope one day they come to their senses and go back to that look.

Here's a quick rendering I photoshopped a while back.

AJGreen.png

make it so

PvO6ZWJ.png

Since the pants stripes fade from orange-black to white-black as they move up, I always assumed that the Bengals white side panels were meant to simulate the white belly of a tiger. The attempt fails, though, because the white on a tiger is a gradual transition, not a straight-line, abrupt, black-to-white or orange-to-white change.

12430692-portrait-of-a-royal-bengal-tiger-alert-and-staring-at-the-camera.jpg

I think the best way to do that would be to make white the go-to pant color with the home/alts. The side panel just looks bad.

I'd be SHOCKED if that wasn't the inspiration. I agree that the execution is lacking. Simply removing the white side panels would make a world of difference. So would dropping that insipid 'B' logo, too.

I don't get the hate for the B logo. Its not amazing, but I don't think its that bad either.

Me either. It's certainly not a bad logo. Sure a 5th grader could have done it, but it's simple, clean, and easily recognizable. Seriously, there's No mistaking what team the logo represents.

That being said, it should have been a C, but I'm guessing the stripes wouldn't even show or read as stripes

I also feel when using a letter for a logo, it should be the city name not the nickname of the team that determines the letter used. I don't honestly know why I think that, it just feels right. Maybe its because id like to think the city they represent is more important than the team nickname, but that has always been a pet peeve of mine.

Since the pants stripes fade from orange-black to white-black as they move up, I always assumed that the Bengals white side panels were meant to simulate the white belly of a tiger. The attempt fails, though, because the white on a tiger is a gradual transition, not a straight-line, abrupt, black-to-white or orange-to-white change.

12430692-portrait-of-a-royal-bengal-tiger-alert-and-staring-at-the-camera.jpg

I think the best way to do that would be to make white the go-to pant color with the home/alts. The side panel just looks bad.

I'd be SHOCKED if that wasn't the inspiration. I agree that the execution is lacking. Simply removing the white side panels would make a world of difference. So would dropping that insipid 'B' logo, too.

I don't get the hate for the B logo. Its not amazing, but I don't think its that bad either.

Me either. It's certainly not a bad logo. Sure a 5th grader could have done it, but it's simple, clean, and easily recognizable. Seriously, there's No mistaking what team the logo represents.

That being said, it should have been a C, but I'm guessing the stripes wouldn't even show or read as stripes

I also feel when using a letter for a logo, it should be the city name not the nickname of the team that determines the letter used. I don't honestly know why I think that, it just feels right. Maybe its because id like to think the city they represent is more important than the team nickname, but that has always been a pet peeve of mine.

Agreed. The Diamondbacks D-snake bothers me for the same reason.

Dallas Cowboys: Put stars on the sleeves of their jerseys just like their away jerseys. While you are at it, cut down on wearing white at home all the time. Time to start wearing your home "blues" for a few of your home games (I can dream can I?).

Keep dreamin', cause it ain't happenin'.

I know it's just your opinion and I understand that, but white jerseys at home is a STAPLE of the Cowboys franchise. It's part of their brand,

I will say, having stars on the sleeves are something I'd like to see, but they would have to be small, not huge and gaudy like the '94 jerseys.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Titans - I used to really like their look, but I think it's time a team has a powder blue and red combo, and what better team than the team that used to wear it?

Falcons - Seriously, how have they not changed their look yet? It's just a mess.

Cardinals - Not as bad as the Falcons, but it still could use some improvement.

Lions - Ditch the black. That should have never made it to these new uniforms. What were they thinking?

Giants - Their jersey is just so bland, it hurts. Pants look okay, though.

Dallas Cowboys: Put stars on the sleeves of their jerseys just like their away jerseys. While you are at it, cut down on wearing white at home all the time. Time to start wearing your home "blues" for a few of your home games (I can dream can I?).

I know it's just your opinion and I understand that, but white jerseys at home is a STAPLE of the Cowboys franchise. It's part of their brand,

I will say, having stars on the sleeves are something I'd like to see, but they would have to be small, not huge and gaudy like the '94 jerseys.

Staple of what lately??? If the Cowboys were 12-4 or 13-3 consistently and being in several Super Bowls while wearing the white jerseys, then I would not object or mind at all. Problem is they haven't been lately and they haven't had much success wearing the whites (whether it is home or away). I think it is time to change things up. The "bad luck blue" curse is ancient history.

Teams like the Redskins and the Eagles had wore white at home the entire season during the 1980s and most of the 90s before they came to their senses and start wearing their home colors. The Redskins had wore white at home for 20 straight seasons (1981-2000), and still did for specific seasons. But now they have switched to their home colors and look great doing so. I believe there are Cowboy fans would love to see the team wear the colors at home, instead of their whites all the time.

But then again, the Cowboys front office won't change or afraid of change. Too bad, I wish I was working in the Cowboys front office, I would have asked them to wear their blue unis for a few of their home games (not just for the Thanksgiving game, where they wear throwbacks). I think the fans would actually react positively, they did not object when the Cowboys wore their "throwback" blues several years ago.

Staple of what lately??? If the Cowboys were 12-4 or 13-3 consistently and being in several Super Bowls while wearing the white jerseys, then I would not object or mind at all. Problem is they haven't been lately and they haven't had much success wearing the whites (whether it is home or away). I think it is time to change things up. The "bad luck blue" curse is ancient history.

Teams like the Redskins and the Eagles had wore white at home the entire season during the 1980s and most of the 90s before they came to their senses and start wearing their home colors. The Redskins had wore white at home for 20 straight seasons (1981-2000), and still did for specific seasons. But now they have switched to their home colors and look great doing so. I believe there are Cowboy fans would love to see the team wear the colors at home, instead of their whites all the time.

But then again, the Cowboys front office won't change or afraid of change. Too bad, I wish I was working in the Cowboys front office, I would have asked them to wear their blue unis for a few of their home games (not just for the Thanksgiving game, where they wear throwbacks). I think the fans would actually react positively, they did not object when the Cowboys wore their "throwback" blues several years ago.

The Yankees, Lakers, and Celtics went through playoff/championship droughts... they BARELY changed anything, IF anything.

THIS Cowboy fan is telling you, dramatically changing the uniform wouldn't be good. You may as well tell them to get rid of the Star on the helmet. As for their throwbacks, they're only good for a couple games a season. That's the way it should be.

Now for the millionth time, the only thing the Cowboys should do to their uniforms is just match the colors. They don't even have to do anything else... just match the colors.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Now for the millionth time, the only thing the Cowboys should do to their uniforms is just match the colors. They don't even have to do anything else... just match the colors.

Exactly - I happened to be home Friday afternoon and caught one of those NFL Films "Lost Classics" that showed the Cowboys circa 1964/65 and on that old Kodak film they used (pretty saturated/vibrant) the original silver blue looked fantastic. Enough to make the die-hard Cowboys fans burn all those seasick "silver green" pants they've been using for the past 20 years or so. Go back to the original silver blue for the pants and helmet, the original dark royal for both jerseys and call it a day.

I highly recommend trying to catch those "Lost Classics of NFL Films" programs; they were among the last that Steve Sabol did before he was diagnosed, and those early color films are very vibrant, particularly of teams like the Cowboys, Vikings (the original purple was quite striking), and the Eagles kelly green/silver wing helmets.

The Yankees, Lakers, and Celtics went through playoff/championship droughts... they BARELY changed anything, IF anything.

THIS Cowboy fan is telling you, dramatically changing the uniform wouldn't be good. You may as well tell them to get rid of the Star on the helmet. As for their throwbacks, they're only good for a couple games a season. That's the way it should be.

I agree so much with that last paragraph. If they just matched the colors they'd be one of the best looking teams in the NFL.

Exactly - I happened to be home Friday afternoon and caught one of those NFL Films "Lost Classics" that showed the Cowboys circa 1964/65 and on that old Kodak film they used (pretty saturated/vibrant) the original silver blue looked fantastic. Enough to make the die-hard Cowboys fans burn all those seasick "silver green" pants they've been using for the past 20 years or so. Go back to the original silver blue for the pants and helmet, the original dark royal for both jerseys and call it a day.

I highly recommend trying to catch those "Lost Classics of NFL Films" programs; they were among the last that Steve Sabol did before he was diagnosed, and those early color films are very vibrant, particularly of teams like the Cowboys, Vikings (the original purple was quite striking), and the Eagles kelly green/silver wing helmets.

Whatever it takes. I am just tired of looking at the same drab Cowboys white uniforms with mismatched and very nauseated light blue pants. Go back to the 1994-95 jerseys with the stars on their shoulders for all I care about.

Now on a different subject about the Bengals, Their look of the jerseys that they wore for almost all of the 1990s is one of my favorites. The one with the Champion numerals and the lettering NOBs are just classic. I would love to get one of the jerseys. If anybody out there has one of those special jerseys out there let me know. I do not want a spend an arm and a leg on Mitchell and Ness for one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

The eagles should invert their helmet like they did in the 70s.

sneadnorm1uk3.jpg

I've long thought that a silver helmet with green and black wings, green jersey, and silver pants would be a great look for them. I think the silver helmet would look sharp and make the wings stand out even more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

sneadnorm1uk3.jpg

sneadnorm1uk3.jpg

I've long thought that a silver helmet with green and black wings, green jersey, and silver pants would be a great look for them. I think the silver helmet would look sharp and make the wings stand out even more.

I like the Eagles' green helmet. It works well with both their home and road unis.

And the last thing we need is another white/silver helmet team.

Archived