49ers - Fix the stripes and go back to a red facemask

Bengals - Remove the side pants

Bills - Change the facemask to blue

Broncos - Full redesign

Browns - Add orange pants and go back to the white facemask

Cardinals - Change the facemask to red

Cowboys - Pick on shade of blue and use it throughout the uniform

Rams - Go back to yellow and royal blue

Titans - Simply wear white pants at home and colored pants on the road.

spacer.png

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I feel that the NFL as a whole is a very good-looking league, and that most teams need only minor changes to their look (drop a few jersey elements, change number fonts, update colors). Here's a few of the changes I'd like to see...

Atlanta -Trash the side piping on the jerseys and redo the pants. Done.

Patriots - Lose the piping.

Panthers - Every time I look at Detroit, I think "That would've been a great look for the Panthers."

Bengals - Ditch the side panels.

Arizona - PIPING OVERLOAD

Baltimore - Please get better-looking black pants. Drop shadow on the numbers can go too.

Dallas - How 'bout matching colors?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The Bengals and that's about it. Ideally they'd just go back to something similar to the day and age of Corey Dillon.

Dallas has been wearing the mismatching blues and silvers for ages now it seems, that's their look. I'm not sure they should change that just because it would match better.

The Cowboys need a massive overhaul period. Their "home" white jerseys with light blue pants (do we really call them that?) are just "BORING". The navy on silver uniform (although they hardly wear them at all) looks great, I suggest maybe a navy blue or royal blue helmet, have stars on the sides of their white jerseys (just like they do on the navy jerseys), and maybe break tradition and wear royal blue pants with stripes on the pants with a star on top of each pant stripe. That would make a dull white jersey look a whole lot better.

Royal blue pants?!!!

Imho this proposal would result in the ugliest uniform in football history.

Well, it would look a whole lot better than their BORRRIIIIINNNNGG look they have now!!

You want to give the Dallas Cowboys BLUE pants?

Sure. And while you're at it:

- Give Alabama two more colors.

- Make Notre Dame where gold jerseys

- Have the Yankees put on NOB's with blue jerseys

- Give the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs complete overhauls with brand new colors

- Oh, and don't forget to change the Blackhawks name...

Sorry, but that just doesn't work. None of it does. If you're going to do ANYTHING with the Cowboys, just match the colors. At the very most, add stars to the sleeves with double stripes, maybe go back to the old 60's number font, but that's it!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Bolt957 quoted: "Giants - I'd love to see them use their uniforms of the 90's as inspiration for something new."

I like to see the Giants return to these uniforms circa late 70s.

nyg76white.jpg

Imagine how many Giant fans react if Eli Manning and the rest of the G-Men return to wear blue pants. I also envision the Giants wearing an all-blue look, even though New York fans would have an uproar if that actually ever happens!! (dance)

The look isn't bad ... except that no Giant fan with a brain wants anything to do with the '70s.

Packers-2.png

all of the teams with birds as mascots (why do all of them suck so bad, other than going with "modern" piping and side paneling)

the rams need to go back the royal blue and athletic gold

browns need an update, anything would be better

panthers, they need a redesign to go with their new logo

49ers, they need all of their sleeve stripes

pats- my favorite team, as long as they dont go with sublimated stripes or anything i'd be happy with a redesign

jets- need to go back to their 90s look

bengals- get rid of the side panels, maybe change the pattern of the stripes, i like the shoulder yokes on the away, it should be on the rest of the uniforms

Texans- this may be just me but i always thought they looked too much like the pats jerseys, just with red instead of silver and blue helmets, so i want one of them to change

Giants- make the home and away match, the aways need blue, they look like a completely different team away

Chargers- take away an outline from the logo and numbers, and go powder blue

Titans- just a complete redesign i dont care how

Cowboys, make all the colors match

all of the teams with birds as mascots (why do all of them suck so bad, other than going with "modern" piping and side paneling)

pats- my favorite team, as long as they dont go with sublimated stripes or anything i'd be happy with a redesign

bengals- get rid of the side panels, maybe change the pattern of the stripes, i like the shoulder yokes on the away, it should be on the rest of the uniforms

Texans- this may be just me but i always thought they looked too much like the pats jerseys, just with red instead of silver and blue helmets, so i want one of them to change

Giants- make the home and away match, the aways need blue, they look like a completely different team away

Also Broncos- need to find a happy medium between their two looks they had with elway

Bolt957 quoted: "Giants - I'd love to see them use their uniforms of the 80's as inspiration for something new."

I like to see the Giants return to these uniforms circa 1975-1979.

nyg76white.jpg

Imagine how many Giant fans react if Eli Manning and the rest of the G-Men return to wear blue pants. I also envision the Giants wearing an all-blue look, even though New York fans would have an uproar if that actually ever happens!! (dance)

Fixed!

Rams: Go back to Royal Blue and Athletic Gold, but ditch the stupid arch shoulder stripe and use the 1962-1972 shoulder stripe (since the rams horns will be hard to utilize on those dolled up uniform tops). Maybe stylize the rams horns by shrinking to fit while the numbers are on top.

Cowboys: Navy Blue and Silver-Green should be their only colors. Ditch the royal blue numbers on white and use navy blue numbers. The dark jerseys should have silver-green helmets and pants too. Go back to the serif block numbers while they at it.

Chargers: Navy Blue, a little Athletic Gold, and White. Their 1985-1987 uniforms were awesome as :censored:. They should use that. Looks like their 2007 uniforms with the white helmets. Ditch the number font they have now.

Cardinals: Use the Arizona state flag as the sleeve design instead of that obnoxious piping crap and shoulder design crap they have now. Keep the number font. But bring back the running cardinal logo.

Jets: 1978-1989 look. I like that better. No black piping with Green and White please. White facemask and different block number design.

Browns: Their 1975-1983 orange pants set was awesome. Even the sleeve piping was very clean.

Bengals: Just the tiger stripe sleeves, Please take off the orange shoulders and white side pipings. And no more stupid block numbers. Just keep the new number font with just an orange trim. They would look bad ass than the stupid orange shoulders and the stupid ass shadow block :censored:ing :censored:!

Giants: Their 1980-1999 uniforms were also clean as well. People keep confusing the timeline and call these the 90's Giants which the Giants wore these uniforms since 1980.

Ravens: The 1996-1997 style was much better than now. Give a piping to the black pants like the 1996-1997 style. Less Mustard Gold like the 1996-1997 uniforms. Black pants on both the Royal Purple Jerseys as well as the White Jerseys too.

The Bengals and that's about it. Ideally they'd just go back to something similar to the day and age of Corey Dillon.

Dallas has been wearing the mismatching blues and silvers for ages now it seems, that's their look. I'm not sure they should change that just because it would match better.

The Cowboys need a massive overhaul period. Their "home" white jerseys with light blue pants (do we really call them that?) are just "BORING". The navy on silver uniform (although they hardly wear them at all) looks great, I suggest maybe a navy blue or royal blue helmet, have stars on the sides of their white jerseys (just like they do on the navy jerseys), and maybe break tradition and wear royal blue pants with stripes on the pants with a star on top of each pant stripe. That would make a dull white jersey look a whole lot better.

Royal blue pants?!!!

Imho this proposal would result in the ugliest uniform in football history.

Well, it would look a whole lot better than their BORRRIIIIINNNNGG look they have now!!

You want to give the Dallas Cowboys BLUE pants?

Sure. And while you're at it:

- Give Alabama two more colors.

- Make Notre Dame where gold jerseys

- Have the Yankees put on NOB's with blue jerseys

- Give the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs complete overhauls with brand new colors

- Oh, and don't forget to change the Blackhawks name...

Sorry, but that just doesn't work. None of it does. If you're going to do ANYTHING with the Cowboys, just match the colors. At the very most, add stars to the sleeves with double stripes, maybe go back to the old 60's number font, but that's it!

I wouldn't go to that extreme. But I would like to see the Cowboys do some changing to make their white jerseys stand out more. Perhaps matching colors. Or at least maybe go back to the 1994-95 jerseys that have stars on the shoulder pads. Call me old fashioned, but I am not a fan of their current white set.

Bolt957 quoted: "Giants - I'd love to see them use their uniforms of the 90's as inspiration for something new."

nyg76white.jpg

I'm quite certain that image has been Photoshopped.

Those are the blue pants the Giants wore only in 1975, and that was the only season they had the uppercase NY logo on the helmet.

I saw them when them game to Rich Stadium to play the Bills on MNF that season, and I remember those pants, but they didn't have that GIANTS helmet logo that season.

new-york-giants-1975-riddell-mini-helmet-375x280.jpg

Does anyone know why the 49ers sleeves are the way they are? There's only one full stripe on the game jerseys.. it makes no sense. There's room for all the three. And..

I think they said something about always wanting their stripes parallel to the ground. Why that means they get cut off is beyond me.

Ooh, this could take a while.

Bills: Blue (or white, actually) facemask.

Dolphins: Return to Marino-era look, perhaps with some hints of navy.

Jets: Total redo. Neither the current look nor the green-helmet look is a good one.

Patriots: Minor tweaks to jersey piping and pant stripes.

Steelers: return to block numerals

Ravens: Add stripes to black pants and always wear white pants with dark jersey and they are fine.

Bengals: Return to Esiason era look.

Browns: Reverse the pant stripe colors and they are fine. Orange pants a possibility.

Titans: Change logos, light blue home uniforms, and a new number font and the rest can stay.

Colts: Blue or white facemask, and a return to full shoulder stripes, not the partial cutoff ones they use now.

Jaguars: Total overhaul excepl logo. Something closer to their original uniforms.

Texans: Change pant stripe to something similar to shoulder stripe and they are fine.

Raiders: no change

Chiefs: Add black as a color in uniforms and yellow to helmet logo.

Chargers; Use of powder blue uniforms, remove the color/white band that surrounds the bolt on jersey and pants.

Broncos: i am actually fine where they are now.

Eagles; change pant striping, otherwise fine.

Giants: White and blue pants, otherwise fine.

Redskins: less use of yellow pants, return of white pants with 2 stripe pattern.

Cowboys: I couldn't care less what they wear. I will hate them no matter how matched or unmatched their colors are.

Bears: Never wear the orange alts again and they are fine.

Packers: fine

Lions: fine

Vikings; Fix the number font and the new ones are good.

Buccs: Uniform is fine, font for team wordmark is not good.

Panthers: Get rid of sad helmet striping and either use no stripe or a more standard stripe.

Falcons: Pretty decent as they are.

Saints: Gold pants and black pants should both have striping. no unitards ever.

49ers: fix the sleeve stripes and they are fine.

Rams: Gold pants with both uniforms. No blue or white pants.

Cardinals; the jerseys are fine, fix pant striping and change facemask to either white or red.

Seahawks: return to prior uniforms but always wear white pants with dark jersey and vice versa.

Outside of the sleeve treatment, I'm really not seeing what's so terrible about the Atlanta Falcons' set

before. While I've never been the biggest fan of their number font (I don't deem it particularly egregious, either), I think their look has worn quite well in the eleven going on twelve years (?)and they've had them. If their look seems blamd now, it may be due to the copycat designs that followed (Vikes/Cards—although to be sure, the Falcons' unis themselves seemed to pull a lot of inspiration from what was then Nike's "Missouri" CFB template...and now Russell's "tesselation" template looks like a straight facsimile of the Falcons...heh). At any rate, if the Falcons were to change anything, I'd say they redesignate the black version of their current red tops as their primary home jerseys...maybe go with red lids with red socks to match, but I'm not beholden to that.

As for the rest of their division...

Saints: kill the khaki; return to copper. *insert BlueSky's oft-posted pic here*

Panthers: the only real glaring flaw I see with them is their helmets...reverse out the colors of the helmet stripes to match the pants and they'll be golden. (Oh and...wear the home sets at home more often.)

Buccaneers: near-perfect now...just need to adjust that orange to the proper original Florida orange so it stands out more from that red.

As for everyone else...

Ravens: I've never really found their current sets to be all that offensive. That said, the big black drop shadow has to go. I think a black inner/gold outer stroke like the new Jaguars roadies is the way to go.

Steelers: I may be the only person on the planet who prefers their current numbers...listen, it ain't the '70s no more—even the city has woke up and finally realized that—and since people are always using Super Bowls to justify stuff (and I'm well aware that this next part can and probably will be spun back around on me—but whatever), the fact remains that they've won two and played in a third SB with those numbers, so there. Plus, I think it adds the perfect touch of modern to an all-time classic look. My only suggestion? Scale those sleeve stripes DOWN...and strip the trim put of them, leaving only the yellow (yeah I know they call it 'gold" but—bump that, it's yellow).

Bengals: fashion new number font from current wordmark, and apply to new version of pre-2004 sets.

Browns: 86 the white pants; go orange pants hone/away, maybe alt set of braisher-striped brown pants for one or two road games, never to be worn w/ brown tops. Ever. Beyond that, leave everything else alone, even the grey masks.

Colts: I wouldn't have thought this until I saw a mock-up, but go with white facemask and back to white cleats...and possibly update number font to something more contemporary. Johnny Unitas ain't running out that tunnel, and Peyton Manning gone...these are the new Colts, a new era, who play in a city that keeps trying to paint itself as a modern cosmopolitan metropolis (even while constantly getting stifled by its state government at every turn—but we ain't gon' talk about that up in here)...time to freshen things up and let the blue and white shine.

Titans: extinguish the thumbtack's flame, and re-paint the entire set in blue, yellow, and silver, to match the civic flag. (I did a concept on this a year or two ago, but since I don't feel like paying Photobucket no more of my $ to restore my bandwidth, just use your imagination for now. :P )

Texans: rediscover the red socks with your roadies. And either tell Nike to restore your original collar width, or kill the contrast-color thing...looks like they be running around with a freaking lifebuoy stuck around their necks.

Jets: back to kelly green...and a white-lid version of the '90s sets, minus the black trim.

Patriots: keep the number font, keep the helmets...redesign the rest. With a lighter blue.

Bills: I'd personally advocate a return to the Kelly/Smith/Thomas/Reed era, with the Champion block numbers (seriously, somebody needs to bring those back). Just with white helmets (they look better), and trade out the navy for buffalo nickel (which would only make too much sense).

Dolphins: more orange, and I wish they'd have kept the Machine block numbers...but I really like what they just came out with.

Chargers: if they must return to powder (and I must be the only person who doesn't care for it), return to the original pacific blue, with yellow pants, just like the Air Coryell days. As for their currents, PLEASE do something about that font. PLEASE.

Broncos: modernize the Marlin Briscoe/Cookie Gilchrist era sets and call it a day. (The contrast-colored sleeve thing is right up Nike's alley, anyway.)

Seahawks: blow it up and start over. All of it.

49ers: I preferred the previous era sets...all they had to do was restore the cherry red, pull that logo out of the stripes, remove the inner gold from the pants stripes and maybe the numbers, and they'd have been golden.

Rams: brighten the blue (not quite to the original royal, though), utilize a richer gold, and wear gold pants again.

Cardinals: red masks, please. As for the rest...simplify, simplify, simplify.

Cowboys: while I personally prefer a more greenish metallic silver, I'd be cool if they just restored the late '70s/early '80s era home blue jersey/silver pant combo, and made a white jersey to match.

Redskins: [yellow] pants under burgundy, burgundy under white. I think they'd also benefit from either a dark gray or burgundy mask...I've always found their current masks to be so visually jarring.

Eagles...please strip out the charcoal and replace it with proper silver.

Giants: love the hones, but they axed the wrong set of pants. Bring back the other gray pants (with the braisher), kill the currents, and go with blue numbers/socks on the road.

Lions: I've never liked those tear-drop numbers...do something about those (and scale down the sleeve stripes), and it'll be A+.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

nyg76white.jpg

I'm quite certain that image has been Photoshopped.

Those are the blue pants the Giants wore only in 1975, and that was the only season they had the uppercase NY logo on the helmet.

I saw them when them game to Rich Stadium to play the Bills on MNF that season, and I remember those pants, but they didn't have that GIANTS helmet logo that season.

new-york-giants-1975-riddell-mini-helmet-375x280.jpg

No, it's not photoshopped. The Giants did wear the blue pants for more than 1975; they wore them through 1978. I'll try to turn up some photos, but here is a link to the Giant's page on the Gridiron Uniform Database. Those guys are pretty anal about getting every nuance - for example the Giants used 2-3 different typefaces for the player names in this era, and they have recreated it here:

http://www.gridironu...com/giants.html

Okay; turned up a few photos:

9/26/76

jersey5.jpg

10/23/77:

Corbis-42-37696238.jpg?size=67&uid=0da5fb51-1ed9-45f6-bfac-b7d322184813

10/1/78:

5634254.jpg

After seeing steelers wear white pants with the throwbacks a few seasons ago, the yellow pants look so bad to me now.

I can't stand the niners gold pants. I think it would be really cool, look good, and make sense if the niners added a denim blue secondary color and wore denim blue pants. Cause the whole connection of denim and the gold rush. Levi's.

After seeing steelers wear white pants with the throwbacks a few seasons ago, the yellow pants look so bad to me now.

I can't stand the niners gold pants. I think it would be really cool, look good, and make sense if the niners added a denim blue secondary color and wore denim blue pants. Cause the whole connection of denim and the gold rush. Levi's.

Is this a joke?

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Archived