NBA C Jason Collins comes out as gay

CS85

So your church accepts that people are born gay, but encourages them not to stay that way.

Are there any other birth traits that it tries to pray out of people?

Most churches, including mine does not believe that people are born that way. That is a personal view that goes back to Adam & Eve taking the forbidden fruit, thus creating sin for all of mankind.

Of it course it doesn't believe that. If it did you have a catastrophic contradiction on your hands, because essentially this means God is specifically creating people he wants to consign to hellfire. Truly this is a kind and loving God.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your church accepts that people are born gay, but encourages them not to stay that way.

Most churches, including mine does not believe that people are born that way. That is a personal view that goes back to Adam & Eve taking the forbidden fruit, thus creating sin for all of mankind.

Of it course it doesn't believe that. If it did you have a catastrophic contradiction on your hands, because essentially this means God is specifically creating people he wants to consign to hellfire. Truly this is a kind and loving God.

Excellent point.

God wants people to turn to him and love him most of all, but sin and freewill gets in the way and that is the quandary that affects most people on a daily basis.

spacer.png

God wants people to turn to him and love him most of all, but sin and freewill gets in the way and that is the quandary that affects most people on a daily basis.

Darn that free will!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes, but the church teaches that sin is an act of commission. If you are born gay, it ceases to be an act of commission. It's kind of like saying its a sin to be black (and yes I bring that up deliberately aware of certain historical contexts.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, but the church teaches that sin is an act of commission. If you are born gay, it ceases to be an act of commission. It's kind of like saying its a sin to be black (and yes I bring that up deliberately aware of certain historical contexts.)

I cannot argue against you because it is a great point. That is why I believe a person should follow the church to a certain point and then make up their own minds on all other issues.

spacer.png

"I used to be gay---Evangelist tells his story"

http://www.jamaicaob...tells-his-story

Also, an interesting look at one-sided tolerance:

603771_10151915776514778_548539182_n.jpg

If religious folks don't want gay athletes coming out to be treated as heroes, then they should stop creating an environment that makes coming out a brave thing to do. Instead of looking down at gay people as sinners or trying to "convert" them to heterosexuality or protesting their right to get married, treat them as equals. When being gay is as accepted as being left-handed then there won't be a need for anyone to come out with any fanfare.

389077_516414065082303_1625498366_n.jpg

This comic says everything that is wrong in today's society.

At least when gays say who they are, they don't call other people out, or harass them, or threaten their lives and their kids, or insinuate terrorist-type activities to force others to believe in their God (I'm looking at you, Westboro Baptists).

389077_516414065082303_1625498366_n.jpg

This comic says everything that is wrong in today's society.

At least when gays say who they are, they don't call other people out, or harass them, or threaten their lives and their kids, or insinuate terrorist-type activities to force others to believe in their God (I'm looking at you, Westboro Baptists).

Hold up now! Those people at Westboro Baptists are idiots! I was so happy when Anonymous hacked their site and shut that woman up on live TV.

spacer.png

I'll say this much: these types of threads are always good for exposing the the true content of one's character.

Far be it for me to sit up here and judge/criticize anyone for anything, but some of y'all are really telling on yourselves up in here...that's all I got.

Carry on.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I understand both of what y'all said, a bad opinion should be criticized. I don't think nuordr has stated his opinion was stated well and dug himself in a hole. In indifferent on the case of homosexuality, if they do get more rights good for them, I'm not going to celebrate, but if they don't, that's sucks, but I won't complain.

And that's a problem. You shouldn't be indifferent if people are being discriminated against.

Well, I don't want to be told to follow an idea. I mean, It's good for you to side with the homosexuals, but I'm not gonna swayed either way,

The only "side" I'm on is the side of equality.

Archived