NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only does it already look boring, this probably means no streaking sun across the front.

Yeah, this looks right beneath the sleeve.

Looks like the shorts to me. Notice the hem near the top? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Not only does it already look boring, this probably means no streaking sun across the front.

Looks like the shorts to me. Notice the hem near the top? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Maybe you're right.

That hem looks like it curves upward a bit to the left of the orange stripe. That could be right underneath the armhole and if you look where the arm intersects with the white, you can see a dark line, which would be the first letter of the stitched on wordmark on the front of the jersey. I'm hoping I'm wrong because if that is the jersey, there is definitely no sunburst present. If the jerseys just use a slanted wordmark like the '90s jerseys without a sunburst, I'll be very disappointed, but it would certainly be in line with the plain, boring cookie cutter crap everyone is using these days.

That hem looks like it curves upward a bit to the left of the orange stripe. That could be right underneath the armhole. I'm hoping not because if that is the jersey, there is definitely no sunburst present.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Perhaps it is near the arm. If it is, maybe it's just an angle where the sunburst can't be seen. In some pictures I posted earlier in this thread, there definitely appears to be something similar to the sunburst streaking across the front. This may just be a rear shot that doesn't give too much away.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

That hem looks like it curves upward a bit to the left of the orange stripe. That could be right underneath the armhole. I'm hoping not because if that is the jersey, there is definitely no sunburst present.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Perhaps it is near the arm. If it is, maybe it's just an angle where the sunburst can't be seen. In some pictures I posted earlier in this thread, there definitely appears to be something similar to the sunburst streaking across the front. This may just be a rear shot that doesn't give too much away.

I know in the Alex Len pic with the purple jersey on , you can definitely see something underneath the wordmark, unless they are just really screwing with us. Or one other unlikely possibility is that the white pic above is one of those sleeved monstrosities with a bit of a different design than the regular jersey.

Is it just me or is that not clearly and arm coming out of it holding the basketball against the waist?

Either way I already like the look of these, much cleaner than their last set.

I know in the Alex Len pic with the purple jersey on , you can definitely see something underneath the wordmark, unless they are just really screwing with us. Or one other unlikely possibility is that the white pic above is one of those sleeved monstrosities with a bit of a different design than the regular jersey.

I don't know how you can say you definitely can see something under the wordmark...unless you saw a different picture than I saw you could barely see the wordmark in it, much less anything under it.

I don't know how you can say you definitely can see something under the wordmark...unless you saw a different picture than I saw you could barely see the wordmark in it, much less anything under it.

In the picture he's talking about, you could see through his dress shirt and there appeared to be some kind of striping across the jersey.

This is the picture he's referring to

iLQolud.jpg

I really dislike the side stripe. It likely means no streaking sun. And if there is one, it will be a cluster:censored: with too many things going on, like the Wizards' set.

Also, this pretty much confirms my fear that although the road set will be purple, the home jersey will feature little-to-no purple at all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I really dislike the side stripe. It likely means no streaking sun. And if there is one, it will be a cluster:censored: with too many things going on, like the Wizards' set.

Also, this pretty much confirms my fear that although the road set will be purple, the home jersey will feature little-to-no purple at all.

Yup. It appears this will be a mish mash of crap. I even wonder if this could be a situation where the home and road designs don't even match a la Carolina Hurricanes.

iLQolud.jpg

This picture is a phony. Whoever did this Photoshopped it, poorly, it is not the original release by the Suns. There are A} too many stripes and only on one side of the dress shirt and B} they would not be white. Here are the original images from the CCSLC mothership and the Suns homepage:

http://www.nba.com/suns/coming-soon

http://news.sportslo...-purple-reigns/

iLQolud.jpg

This picture is a phony. Whoever did this Photoshopped it, poorly, it is not the original release by the Suns. There are A} too many stripes and only on one side of the dress shirt and B} they would not be white. Here are the original images from the CCSLC mothership and the Suns homepage:

http://www.nba.com/suns/coming-soon

http://news.sportslo...-purple-reigns/

I posted it. It is not Photoshopped. Have you seen the alternate shot of Len posted anywhere else (he's facing forward in the picture on the left). Not sure how one would Photoshop a completely different picture.

Truth be told, the picture posted on Suns.com has actually been Photoshopped to remove the bleed-through from beneath the white shirt (as to not give away how the jersey actually looks).

The new uniforms will be unveiled soon enough, so we can come back to this post at that time and see how everything holds up. Make sure you bookmark it.

Archived