NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1373239126000-XXX-2013-Southwest-Airlines-Orlando-Pro-Summer-League-070713-BO-1307071923_3_4_r537_c0-0-534-712.jpg?ce8801b31498d8a76973562e156bf57fd6c91c44

why adidas?

"Green" wasn't available either, apparently. I used to have that problem when ordering those reversible mesh tanks for Gus Macker 3-on-3 tourneys from our local sports store. We wanted reversible red and black, they only had red and white. We wanted black and teal, they only had black and white. Then Eastbay came along and they had any combo you could think of. Hey, adidas should have just ordered from Eastbay! :)

Anyway, I take it all back. Adidas was right. The sleeves revolutionized the NBA... Summer League.

Does not beat the 2008 ASG NOLA branding. 2008 was arguably the best ASG branding the NBA has ever seen.

Did Rare do the branding for the 2014 ASG as well?

What's the reason behind the oddly extra-angular fleur de lis? Looks like paper mache.

Like everyone else, the negative space star is not working.

The side-view bird is random, signifies the Pelicans as the host team, but a whole different view of the bird is much.

Does not beat the 2008 ASG NOLA branding. 2008 was arguably the best ASG branding the NBA has ever seen.

AMEN. the '08 asw branding is arguably the best piece of NBA-related branding ever.

Ben tells me that he (and RARE) did not work on these, so adidas likely did them. I've also seen that MEANS (the CCSLSC-er) worked on the "street sign" logotype.

The negative space star is superfluous and kind of an eyesore.

The pelican star looks great. If they got rid of the star, NOLA could use something like that as an alternate. It looks like a 'P.' Better than the fleur-de-bird thing.

Ahem, I believe you mean 'Bird-de-Lis.'

AMEN. the '08 asw branding is arguably the best piece of NBA-related branding ever.

Ben tells me that he (and RARE) did not work on these, so adidas likely did them. I've also seen that MEANS (the CCSLSC-er) worked on the "street sign" logotype.

Adidas. Culprit. What's the reason for the odd-shape and extra angles of the fleur-de-lis in this logo? The street sign is nice.

Also, the ASG uniforms in the NBA section have not been updated since 2009. Anyone have any good graphics of the 2010-2013 ASG uniforms (paging ColorWerx...)?

130707-michael-carter-williams-rockets-opsl810.jpg

dxG9VT5.jpg

Sixers Summer League uniforms should be their jerseys during the regular season. Perfect IMO.

It's nice to know your standards of a "perfect" basketball jersey are really, really, really, really low. :)

Those summer league unis are pretty awful, from the rec league one-color font to the 1997-inspired shoulder color blocks that looked great in college and high school. I think I've seen non-competitive teams from the local Y with better unis than those pictured.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Which begs this question: When is NBA contract with Adidas expire? I believe it is coming up very soon. I hope the NBA starts negotiating to other brands, preferrably Nike. At least Nike makes uniforms that are legit, and less of an eyesore than what Adidas makes. Adidas can't make a great uniform when its life depends on it (eg. Michigan Wolverines football and basketball jerseys).

I miss the 90s and early 00s uniforms when NBA uniforms were simple and not over the top. But now its just hard to look at on television.Those so called revolution 30 jerseys (which Adidas call it) are just bad. And now they expand to short sleeve jerseys? Give me a break. Hopefully, the NBA will kick Adidas out to the curb once their contract expires with them.

Which begs this question: When is NBA contract with Adidas expire? I believe it is coming up very soon.

The 11-year contract runs until 2017.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Which begs this question: When is NBA contract with Adidas expire? I believe it is coming up very soon. I hope the NBA starts negotiating to other brands, preferrably Nike. At least Nike makes uniforms that are legit, and less of an eyesore than what Adidas makes. Adidas can't make a great uniform when its life depends on it (eg. Michigan Wolverines football and basketball jerseys).

I miss the 90s and early 00s uniforms when NBA uniforms were simple and not over the top. But now its just hard to look at on television.Those so called revolution 30 jerseys (which Adidas call it) are just bad. And now they expand to short sleeve jerseys? Give me a break. Hopefully, the NBA will kick Adidas out to the curb once their contract expires with them.

I thought I heard it was 2017 when it expires. Anyway, I don't know what you expect after that. I seriously doubt Nike would take over the whole league..they would only want the money makers. The only way I see Nike back in the game is if there are multiple suppliers again. I could see UA making a push to get in and I wouldn't even mind seeing Champion getting back in. I guess what bothers me now is more or less the exact same template being used for everything. Makes things too boring and bland. I'm not saying go back to the '90s over the top designs, but things could look a lot better then they do now.

I thought I heard it was 2017 when it expires. Anyway, I don't know what you expect after that. I seriously doubt Nike would take over the whole league..they would only want the money makers. The only way I see Nike back in the game is if there are multiple suppliers again. I could see UA making a push to get in and I wouldn't even mind seeing Champion getting back in. I guess what bothers me now is more or less the exact same template being used for everything. Makes things too boring and bland. I'm not saying go back to the '90s over the top designs, but things could look a lot better then they do now.

Riiiight... So that's why they turned down the Browns and Jaguars in the NFL?

Archived