NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in glancing -- so many NBA teams simply use a recolored primary logo instead of designing a new logo when they want to rebrand. Either because of an NBA fee for redesign or they simply feel its not worth it because uniforms don't really use logos anyway. Granted some of these team lean on their alt logo as a de facto primary, but still its just kind of weird to have SO MANY recolors in one league when most other big 4 leagues don't really have any.

Hawks

Bobcats

Nuggets

Bucks

Timberwolves

Suns

Raptors

Jazz

Wizards

Also, these teams have recolored/minor tweaks without a MAJOR color palette overhawl just an adjustment

Cavaliers

Heat

Lakers

Pacers

Clippers

Knicks

Pistons

In all the other leagues as far as major color swap goes many I can think of D-Backs, Padres, Canucks, Rams (helmet)

Minor changes: Royals, Islanders, Oilers, Penguins, Blues, Sabres, NY Jets, Chargers, Seahawks maybe a few more but not more than half the league as NBA is

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

That great orange Knicks alt just underscroes how much of a missed opportunity those bland, oddly-striped Thunder alts were. Orange Thunder alts would've sold like gangbusters.

Especially with the OKC script from their logo on it.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just in glancing -- so many NBA teams simply use a recolored primary logo instead of designing a new logo when they want to rebrand. Either because of an NBA fee for redesign or they simply feel its not worth it because uniforms don't really use logos anyway. Granted some of these team lean on their alt logo as a de facto primary, but still its just kind of weird to have SO MANY recolors in one league when most other big 4 leagues don't really have any.

Hawks

Bobcats

Nuggets

Bucks

Timberwolves

Suns

Raptors

Jazz

Wizards

Also, these teams have recolored/minor tweaks without a MAJOR color palette overhawl just an adjustment

Cavaliers

Heat

Lakers

Pacers

Clippers

Knicks

Pistons

In all the other leagues as far as major color swap goes many I can think of D-Backs, Padres, Canucks, Rams (helmet)

Minor changes: Royals, Islanders, Oilers, Penguins, Blues, Sabres, NY Jets, Chargers, Seahawks maybe a few more but not more than half the league as NBA is

Most of the nba teams you listed have fine primary logos that are still used as primary. So no need to change them every time you make minor colour changes.

I do get annoyed with Raptors, Jazz, Bobcats and Wizards because there primary logos aren't used as primary anymore. In this case those primary logos are just there to save them the logo changing fees.

Well, what on earth is the pelicans draft pick gonna hold up? A generic nba jersey!?

New Orleans Hornets jersey

The New Orleans Hornets don't exist anymore. They're now officially the Pelicans.

I know.

Looking at the NBA page on the main site, with the Suns latest refresh and Pelicans logo, majority overall the NBA logos are looking good. With a few exceptions of course.

I'd say the Thunder, the Raptors and the Sixers with the weird rectangle after thought are the only ones that are lacking and need immediate attention.

The Grizzlies heart shaped-demonic faced care bear is bothersome to me but their secondary logo is legit as well as colors/uniforms are clean. The Pistons should bring back the horse logo or an iteration of it.

Minnesota needs to turn their secondary into their primary and get rid of the lego trees.

The Warriors logo still hasn't settled in. The huge blue area around the bridge is distracting, and the bridge could be rendered better.

Of course there is always room for improvement for every team, looking forward to where other teams go over the next few years, particularly the return of the Hornets.

http://www.sportslog...tion/NBA/logos/

Archived