NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still say some some purple at the end of the sunburst (where you have black currently) looks good and makes sense. The classic '93 uniforms had purple there and it makes the jersey look less flat and one dimensional.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Fair enough. What I don't understand, though, is giving priority to a single franchise. I always thought that the regulations in American leagues (salary cap, draft lottery etc.) were there equalize the chances for all members.

On the other hand, seeing how often Nuggets or Cavs used their yellow unis, it appears that those rules can be easily bent.

Not all franchises are created equal. Also remember that the league offices work on the behalf of the owners. Obviously things can work both ways you can get preferential treatment like the Buss family has earned or you can be viewed as an adversary like Cuban is and get screwed over from time to time by the league.

Nice rationalization, but that kind of blatant caste system among owners only exists when you have a tyrant like David Stern as commissioner.

Rationaliation? Try reality and every league has a pecking order much like any club or clique would. You have more seniority, more $$$, or your franchise brings in the lion's share of the TV revenue, guess what? You have more pull.

The only way that Stern could even has the ability to act as a tyrant is the fact that the owners enable him to do so. They sign his paycheck and he works for them. If the majority of the ownership didn't approve of his management of the league they'd kick his ass to the curb.

I still say some some purple at the end of the sunburst (where you have black currently) looks good and makes sense. The classic '93 uniforms had purple there and it makes the jersey look less flat and one dimensional.

i agree, but i made it black because the streak is on a black background on the new primary logo (like it was purple before, because the old primary logo had it on a purple background). just thinking about consistency there.

i agree, but i made it black because the streak is on a black background on the new primary logo (like it was purple before, because the old primary logo had it on a purple background). just thinking about consistency there.

Not a problem, I definitely understood your rationale. I just thought it was an easy way to incorporate a little purple into the jersey, plus I thought it looked good that way. Sadly, the way you have it is probably the route the team will end up going anyway.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

The orange alternate's going to have sleeves.

Fixed:

suns-2013-alt-uni_zpsfa32fe84.png

Can someone photoshop some purple in to replace the black? Even for having sleeves, I actually don't think this looks that bad.

Not putting up the wordmarks?

No, and as I stated, the uniforms haven't been unveiled yet, so I'm holding out.

I've gotten in trouble before from posting them too early. (Even though they were included in the graphics package.)

The orange alternate's going to have sleeves.

Fixed:

suns-2013-alt-uni_zpsfa32fe84.png

Can someone photoshop some purple in to replace the black? Even for having sleeves, I actually don't think this looks that bad.

I did it just for my own amusement and it looked great! I even changed the black stripe to purple. I still wish the team would alter that 'S' logo and make it purple and orange. That would look awesome on this jersey, I'd possibly even consider buying one. ;)

Edit: Here's how it looks when I added some purple and changed the 'S' logo. Not as clean as Conrad's (obviously), but you get the idea of how it could look. I think the little amount of purple really makes it look nice.

H26ZPvr.jpg

After seeing Donovan's optimized logos, the logo refreshes are not bad. The color application is haphazard though, with purple only being used in the secondary bird logo. The last logo was heavy on the drop shadows and highlights, so they've managed to tend to that. The partial streaking sun looks better now and I hope we see that more often than the bird logo. Reserving full judgment until we see the uniforms.

After seeing Donovan's optimized logos, the logo refreshes are not bad. The color application is haphazard though, with purple only being used in the secondary bird logo. The last logo was heavy on the drop shadows and highlights, so they've managed to tend to that. The partial streaking sun looks better now and I hope we see that more often than the bird logo. Reserving full judgment until we see the uniforms.

How hard would this have been?:

PhoenixSuns_PropPMK0100a_SCC_SRGB.png

That would have been perfect.

That's exactly what myself and many fans have been saying. A modified logo like that has been going around online since the others were leaked. Seriously, it's as if they went out of their way not to include any purple at all. All the logos look a million times better with some more purple.

For some reason, I get the impression that the Suns were forced to have a purple road uniform due to the NBA not wanting them to have a black uniform right away. I see them introducing a black uniform (if the NBA will allow them) in a few years and gradually getting rid of the PHX logo that has purple in it.

Archived