NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Michigan State, Iowa, Dallas Mavericks, and the 49ers come to mind.

Well, I certainly see another one coming with the Suns, especially since the fans already hate the owner with a passion.

What was the reasoning for Coangelo selling in the first place? It seemed like the team was successful and had a strong following during his ownership. Was it just to cash out at the peak of the market?

The "S" is brutal. The Suns continue to use that "Look, it's the same upside" thing, so this "S" just makes no sense. If the bottom "rays" looked the same as the top "rays" that would keep the symmetrical theme going. It would still be bad, but would make more sense.

I am in the minority in that I actually like the current look. I am not liking the dropping of purple.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wait, so the suns are changing their logos to black and orange (which I actually really like), yet they're keeping the PHX logo and it's staying purple? That's the most bush league thing I've ever seen. This really doesn't get my hopes up for what the new uniform set is going to look like.

Really, if the Suns were smart, they'd capitalize on the colors every other Phoenix team is wearing and change their primary colors from purple and orange to brick red and black. Black and orange are the main colors of one of the D Backs biggest rivals, and purple is worn by two other teams in the Pacific Division.

'Suns' alone won't be a good fit with the brick red and black scheme. Change the name as something related to the desert nature of Phoenix's three other teams, like prior reject names Scorpions, Thunderbirds, Wranglers, Mustangs and Cougars

You don't think the Sun is relevant to the desert? Have you been to the Arizona desert? :therock:

Also, these were posted on Twitter by a fan:

UMjLXHR.jpgUUdxpmz.jpg

I think the logos, especially the "S", look so much better with some purple in them. Why couldn't the actual designers come up with something like this instead?

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Wait, so the suns are changing their logos to black and orange (which I actually really like), yet they're keeping the PHX logo and it's staying purple? That's the most bush league thing I've ever seen. This really doesn't get my hopes up for what the new uniform set is going to look like.

Really, if the Suns were smart, they'd capitalize on the colors every other Phoenix team is wearing and change their primary colors from purple and orange to brick red and black. Black and orange are the main colors of one of the D Backs biggest rivals, and purple is worn by two other teams in the Pacific Division.

'Suns' alone won't be a good fit with the brick red and black scheme. Change the name as something related to the desert nature of Phoenix's three other teams, like prior reject names Scorpions, Thunderbirds, Wranglers, Mustangs and Cougars

You don't think the Sun is relevant to the desert? Have you been to the Arizona desert? :therock:

UMjLXHR.jpgUUdxpmz.jpg

I think the logos, especially the "S", look so much better with some purple in them. Why couldn't the actual designers come up with something like this instead?

That looks a billion times better with purple included but I'd still get rid of the gray outline and change it to white.

Gosh. We're going to see more sleeved jerseys. My guess every team on Christmas will be wearing them. Ugh.

Are we? I thought that experiment failed miserably. I can't recall the Warriors wearing them again after that initial game.

Gosh. We're going to see more sleeved jerseys. My guess every team on Christmas will be wearing them. Ugh.

Are we? I thought that experiment failed miserably. I can't recall the Warriors wearing them again after that initial game.

They wore them three times.

Shame the Kings didn't have time to change logos. I wouldn't mind them dumping everything associated with the Maloof era including the current logo and jersey scheme. Maybe even revert to the pre-purple logo and scheme.

UMjLXHR.jpgUUdxpmz.jpg

You mean JoeMedal? All he's doing is hounding the media and the Suns about changing the logo, and doing a bad stalkerish job. I think if we got rid of the streaks in the S and add the Sun from the top of the S and added it to the bottom of the S would be better than the logo they have now. Also if the black and beveling was gone from the Primary, that would be tons better imo.

You mean JoeMedal? All he's doing is hounding the media and the Suns about changing the logo, and doing a bad stalkerish job. I think if we got rid of the streaks in the S and add the Sun from the top of the S and added it to the bottom of the S would be better than the logo they have now. Also if the black and beveling was gone from the Primary, that would be tons better imo.

Yeah, but I'm glad some fans are at least trying to draw attention to this issue. Sadly, the logos themselves seem to be set in stone (since they're already on shirts on NBA.com), but the colors can always be changed. Maybe if enough fans got together to voice their feelings, the team would listen. I've seen many people already sending out messages to the Suns and local media on Facebook, Twitter and local news sites via comments. Phoenix fans are great, let's see if Sarver and company listen.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

UMjLXHR.jpgUUdxpmz.jpg

I miss this... :down:

Phoenix_suns_logo.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived