NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the league is being entirely honest about this whole sleeved jersey thing being a money-making ploy. Everyone else talks about the "technology" behind new jersey designs and how it'll help the players. The NBA? Cash money, first and foremost.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

-Change PHX in the flames logo to Phoenix Suns

-Add Black to the logo

-Pay league fees and make it primary

-Design court and jerseys with Purple being used as a secondary colour

That's all you needed to do Suns. It was this simple <_<

Would you think the nickname 'Suns' and brick red and black would be a good combination? Here's how it would look like with the D-Backs/Coyotes scheme.

1012634_10151412158142084_858366034_n.jpg

Honestly... I like this a lot. I'd make the red a bit bit darker though so its more crimson. The wordmark red seems a bit darker, they should all match that. But yeah, you have the obligatory orange for a team named the Suns, plus the dark red and sand. The three of them together would be an appropriately arid color scheme for a team based in Arizona. Reminds me of the Buccaneers a little.

OT, that S logo with the black sun is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It's like if the Heat were to change their color scheme to blue, light blue, and white or something.

Durr. Why on Earth a team named 'Suns' never went with an orange primary, I'll never know.

Well maybe it's because their logo (an orange sun) would have been lost in a sea of orange, so they picked a contrasting color to use as a base for it.

And then there's this, of course

750px-Flag_of_Phoenix,_Arizona.svg.png

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Best part of the "S" logo for me is the fact that the sun is black. Brilliant move there.

Sarcasm?

Obviously, the 'sunburst' should have been orange. If they're dead set on using black, fine, but the 'S' should have been black, not orange. The smartest move would have been to make the 'S' purple with the 'sunburst' orange. Robert Sarver must love the San Francisco Giants and Halloween way, way too much. Crazy, clueless millionaire!

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

That new Suns S logo may be the worst logo in the nba. It's that bad. If you stare at it for more than 10 seconds it doesn't even really look like an S (at least the one on the shirt). It's pretty terrible.

I'm hoping for major fan backlash on this crap. It's that bad. I'm sure the uniforms will be horrid as well.

That new Suns S logo may be the worst logo in the nba. It's that bad. If you stare at it for more than 10 seconds it doesn't even really look like an S (at least the one on the shirt). It's pretty terrible.

I'm hoping for major fan backlash on this crap. It's that bad. I'm sure the uniforms will be horrid as well.

The team hasn't even officially announced the changes and fans are already freaking out. I do believe the 'leak' was intentional to gauge the fans' response before the official unveiling. Hopefully they take the advice of fans and, at the very least, incorporate more purple.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

from the two NBA Store leaks, i've updated my image:

Suns_2013-14_leaks-2_zps20f0cd48.png

A few things that bother me about that 'S-sunburst logo':

- it rounds the corners from the script's S that were hard lines

- it blurs the S's font from the font used in the script

- it makes the sunburst appear oblong rather than circular

Although, I do give them credit for attempting to make a simpler secondary logo. The Phoenix bird is great, but a little complex for small usage.

ujsignature.png

Why is Black making such a comeback? It seems like more and more teams are using the color. Personally, I'm not a fan. I wish the Suns would have dropped black and grey from their colors. The new logos look out of place, and forced.

When Suns and Lakers fans agree on something, you know there's a problem. ;)

The team hasn't even officially announced the changes and fans are already freaking out. I do believe the 'leak' was intentional to gauge the fans' response before the official unveiling. Hopefully they take the advice of fans and, at the very least, incorporate more purple.

They aren't going to change them now and there's no need to "leak" them to gauge fan reaction. If they really wanted fan feedback they could have presented some options to the public months ago and got reaction and maybe make changes based on that. This crap is here to stay.

Ok. We all need to talk about something. No amount of fan backlash in this day and age will can a planned logo/uniform switch. Yes, the 49ers' one day helmet wasn't THAT long ago, but sports branding and merchandising was still in a very different state then as it is now. Now new logos and uniforms are designed years in advance. Merchandise featuring new logos and colours has been in production long before we see the final product. There are warehouses full of new Carolina Hurricanes and Phoenix Suns merchandise, just waiting to ship. No one's cancelling any redesign this late in the game.

The Buffaslug logo and uniforms are probably the best case of fan backlash killing a redesign, but that took five years. Why? The team, league, and manufacturers had to sell all of that Buffaslug gear and use all of that Buffaslug promotional material before a new redesign was attempted.

Archived