NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Looking at the NBA page on the main site, with the Suns latest refresh and Pelicans logo, majority overall the NBA logos are looking good. With a few exceptions of course.

I'd say the Thunder, the Raptors and the Sixers with the weird rectangle after thought are the only ones that are lacking and need immediate attention.

The Grizzlies heart shaped-demonic faced care bear is bothersome to me but their secondary logo is legit as well as colors/uniforms are clean. The Pistons should bring back the horse logo or an iteration of it.

Minnesota needs to turn their secondary into their primary and get rid of the lego trees.

The Warriors logo still hasn't settled in. The huge blue area around the bridge is distracting, and the bridge could be rendered better.

Of course there is always room for improvement for every team, looking forward to where other teams go over the next few years, particularly the return of the Hornets.

http://www.sportslog...tion/NBA/logos/

I wish the Bucks would drop the red and go back to just hunter green, lime green, and white.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They omitted purple from the primary logo, yet they're going with a purple road jersey. It makes absolutely zero sense.

I agree. And the worst part of it all is they're doing it because the fans freaked out due to the lack of purple. Sadly, we weren't asking for purple away uniforms, we wanted purple to be incorporated as part of the logos. I was actually looking forward to an all black road uniform (hopefully that does still happen). The Suns really need to consult with the fans in some way before making these decisions. Would save everyone a lot of stress.

i think this is already established, but here are the official wordmarks for the suns jerseys

13433148.png

Yeah, these have been posted. Still no one has answer my question: Where were these found? Is there some special site that releases this stuff and no one can disclose what it is? I'm just curious.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

They omitted purple from the primary logo, yet they're going with a purple road jersey. It makes absolutely zero sense.

I agree. And the worst part of it all is they're doing it because the fans freaked out due to the lack of purple. Sadly, we weren't asking for purple away uniforms, we wanted purple to be incorporated as part of the logos.

Again, no. Whatever the new Suns uniforms look like (purple or black) they were finalized long before we saw that leaked logo sheet. They didn't alter anything because of fan reaction. They were to far along in the process to do that if they wanted to. Sadly this means they designed a primarily purple road uniform while stripping purple from all the logos. Which makes no sense.

I agree. And the worst part of it all is they're doing it because the fans freaked out due to the lack of purple. Sadly, we weren't asking for purple away uniforms, we wanted purple to be incorporated as part of the logos.

Again, no. Whatever the new Suns uniforms look like (purple or black) they were finalized long before we saw that leaked logo sheet. They didn't alter anything because of fan reaction. They were to far along in the process to do that if they wanted to. Sadly this means they designed a primarily purple road uniform while stripping purple from all the logos. Which makes no sense.

People with knowledge of the jerseys have confirmed that there were, at one time, black road jerseys. Hopefully they still do exist, but if they don't, something must have changed in the past couple months.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

The Wizards' website included what looks like the new warm-up template for 2013-14.

wiz-2012-2013-draft-splash-update.jpg

I *hate* the fact that the league has gone to these standardized templates (instead of the distinctive warm-ups of days gone by), but I do like the player name tag over the chest.

DC 12 logo is kinda jacked. Should have taken the stars out of the numbers. They look bad. And it took me a second to realize what "DC 12" meant in 2013.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Wizards' website included what looks like the new warm-up template for 2013-14.

I *hate* the fact that the league has gone to these standardized templates (instead of the distinctive warm-ups of days gone by), but I do like the player name tag over the chest.

A year late with the DC 12 not DC13/14

Has nothing to do with the year. 12 active roster spots per game. It's the "DC 12 Season Ticket Holder Club". Is it kind of stupid? Sure.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Has nothing to do with the year. 12 active roster spots per game. It's the "DC 12 Season Ticket Holder Club". Is it kind of stupid? Sure.

Especially since the NBA changed to 13 active roster spots last season.

I thought that there was a McDonnell Douglas plane with the model number "DC-12" - in the same family as the DC-10, but Wikipedia tells me that it's actually the MD-12 (with "DC-12" being directed there). Perhaps the plane used to be called the DC-12, and McDonnell Douglas changed the model number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD-12

Does the Wizards' DC-12 logo have any aeronautical design cues in it? Eh, possibly.

Looking at the NBA page on the main site, with the Suns latest refresh and Pelicans logo, majority overall the NBA logos are looking good. With a few exceptions of course.

I'd say the Thunder, the Raptors and the Sixers with the weird rectangle after thought are the only ones that are lacking and need immediate attention.

The Grizzlies heart shaped-demonic faced care bear is bothersome to me but their secondary logo is legit as well as colors/uniforms are clean. The Pistons should bring back the horse logo or an iteration of it.

Minnesota needs to turn their secondary into their primary and get rid of the lego trees.

The Warriors logo still hasn't settled in. The huge blue area around the bridge is distracting, and the bridge could be rendered better.

Of course there is always room for improvement for every team, looking forward to where other teams go over the next few years, particularly the return of the Hornets.

http://www.sportslog...tion/NBA/logos/

Was it ever actually confirmed that the NBA was really pushing teams to include the city name in their primary logos? I thought that was the reason that the Sixers had to add that stupid rectangle to theirs, since there's no good way to put the city with their ball logo (Floating words seem to be frowned upon in most modern logo design, I'm guessing since it's easier to just sew or print a single piece logo on things instead of individual letters.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Its been reported multiple times, but I don't have anything in writing to support it. I'm sure if you scoured uniwatch you'd find something. ColorWerx can probably confirm.

I personally think its as damning of a policy for creativity as the giant fine for changing your logo altogether.

And what a time to do it. In the Adidas era, where everything is homogenized and half-assed to promote a company rather than individual team branding.

The NBA does some things right, branding its maybe the worst of the big 4 at it. Even the MLS has a contract with adidas (hate) does it a little better, IMO.

Was it ever actually confirmed that the NBA was really pushing teams to include the city name in their primary logos? I thought that was the reason that the Sixers had to add that stupid rectangle to theirs, since there's no good way to put the city with their ball logo (Floating words seem to be frowned upon in most modern logo design, I'm guessing since it's easier to just sew or print a single piece logo on things instead of individual letters.)

I thought it was actually a RULE that teams had to do that.

I don't know if it's an actual rule or more of a guideline, like how the NBA prefers teams to have a basketball in their logo.

Not having the city name isn't against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane.

:suspect::therock::Oo::blink:

I don't know if it's an actual rule or more of a guideline, like how the NBA prefers teams to have a basketball in their logo.

Not having the city name isn't against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane.

It's only frowned upon if you get caught.

Archived