NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pacers will wear short-sleeved jerseys in the Summer League...but not during the upcoming season:

http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/07/02/pacers-to-test-short-sleeve-adidas-jersey-at-2013-summer-league/

Also, these jerseys (as mentioned in the article) will be BLACK, not Navy, due to Navy not being available when they were ordered.

So - this is a preemptive strike on the people who will come here later in the summer to exclaim that the Pacers are changing to Black and Gold. Which they're not.

Did a few bits of tooling after the Suns official unveil. Should have went ALL IN one way or another. No purple, a proper mix of purple/black, or simply no black at all:

m9k.png

Agreed.

Except for the primary logo the best version of each is the non-black version.

Let one of the RWB teams switch to orange & black.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

For me the issue is three things:

• Too much black
  • Dislike beveled fonts
  • Dislike the grey trim coloring

Truth be told, I'd have preferred something like this...

PhoenixSunsModification_zps46cab40e.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Also, these jerseys (as mentioned in the article) will be BLACK, not Navy, due to Navy not being available when they were ordered.

"I-- I'm sorry, you want them in what?!? 'Navy'? Oh, ha-ha, very funny sir. Listen, this is a top-flight manufacturer of athletic uniforms, not Perfesser Dassler's Magical Imaginary Color Factory. So, I've got you down for five dozen each of 'Explosive White' and 'Daylight Black', then."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Did a few bits of tooling after the Suns official unveil. Should have went ALL IN one way or another. No purple, a proper mix of purple/black, or simply no black at all:

m9k.png

I prefer the all-black version. Purple has no connotation to Phoenix or to the Suns. Of course, black really doesn't either, but it looks sharper.

ujsignature.png

m9k.png

I prefer the all-black version. Purple has no connotation to Phoenix or to the Suns. Of course, black really doesn't either, but it looks sharper.

I agree that the all black looks the best of the 3, but purple does have a connotation to the Suns, as they've used it for the entirety of their existence. If the Suns were an expansion team, I think the all black look would look great. But for this franchise I'd go with the all purple.

90758391980.gif

m9k.png

Completely disagree. When I think of purple teams in the NBA, I think Lakers and Suns. Purple and orange has always been the Suns.

The bottom row looks better than the rest.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The all Purple and Orange logos are just perfect. First it was Conrad's concept and now this, man it really shows how close Suns were to perfection and yet how badly they missed the mark.

For me the issue is three things:

• Too much black
  • Dislike beveled fonts
  • Dislike the grey trim coloring

Truth be told, I'd have preferred something like this...

PhoenixSunsModification_zps46cab40e.png

I just had a 90s overload.

I mean that in the best way possible.

m9k.png

I agree that the all black looks the best of the 3, but purple does have a connotation to the Suns, as they've used it for the entirety of their existence. If the Suns were an expansion team, I think the all black look would look great. But for this franchise I'd go with the all purple.

Furthermore, as I posted earlier in the thread, purple is the color of the famous Phoenix city flag. It's probably what first inspired the team to wear purple.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Thunder are wearing special jerseys in Summer League to benefit tornado relief.

Downside? They're among the sleeved.

Jersey-Image.jpg

just get them away from me now. they couldn't just add a ribbon?

spacer.png

Archived