NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that Blazers alt is a hot mess now. The white number looks better, but the black Portland script should have been changed as well. And though I like consistency, I liked the alt's unique font better than the standard home/away font that it uses now. But I still would like to see them roll out a new home/away with the alt's striping pattern.

They still have the white "Rip City" alt too, don't they? Feel like I saw that last year.

The only time these "jerseys" should be worn is during Summer league, preseason, practice, D-league, etc.... never during an actual, regular season or playoff NBA basketball game.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

The only time these "jerseys" should be worn is during Summer league, preseason, practice, D-league, etc.... never during an actual, regular season or playoff NBA basketball game.

wear as a pregame shirt/jersey. i'd be fine with that

spacer.png

I posted this on RealGM, but wanted to post it here as well.

I think it's beyond safe to say the new Suns uniforms will, in fact, look very similar to the '92/'93 jerseys. Here are a couple pictures I stumbled upon while browsing the world wide web. If you look very closely, you can almost make out the streaking sunburst across the front. If it's not the sunburst, then there will be something else beneath the wordmark.

Again, kudos to Conrad for guessing correctly on the updated uniforms. Can't wait to see the official final product.

iLQolud.jpg

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Yeah, there are clearly some sort of lines visible through his shirt.

However, I counted 9 of them, and neither the current logo nor the throwback jersey ever had that many. Also, the lines appear flat. Wouldn't the sun streaks look more triangular-shaped, like the old jersey? Right now, they look like giant music staff. But maybe they are just trying to throw us off with the perfect picture to do so.

I think it's beyond safe to say the new Suns uniforms will, in fact, look very similar to the '92/'93 jerseys. Here are a couple pictures I stumbled upon while browsing the world wide web. If you look very closely, you can almost make out the streaking sunburst across the front. If it's not the sunburst, then there will be something else beneath the wordmark.

Again, kudos to Conrad for guessing correctly on the updated uniforms. Can't wait to see the official final product.

iLQolud.jpg

I have a strong feeling these new suns unis will be sleeved

Yeah, there are clearly some sort of lines visible through his shirt.

However, I counted 9 of them, and neither the current logo nor the throwback jersey ever had that many. Also, the lines appear flat. Wouldn't the sun streaks look more triangular-shaped, like the old jersey? Right now, they look like giant music staff. But maybe they are just trying to throw us off with the perfect picture to do so.

3834_phoenix_suns-partial-2014.png

The new sun is different compared to the old one that went across the jersey.

807_phoenix-suns-wordmark-1993.gif

What if the number is placed inside of the ball so the streaking sun is bigger this time? I have to say, kudos to the Warriors for bringing back the idea of unique jersey design in the NBA, for better or worse.

bSLCtu2.png

iLQolud.jpg

I have a strong feeling these new suns unis will be sleeved

I'm guessing that as well. The collars of this and the OKC ones are pretty similar.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I forgot to post this before, but I also found this image that appears to have been taken prior to the draft as a test photo:

KhI64c6.jpg

Obviously the Suns had a Superman style campaign ready to show off their new uniforms and drafted player. This image is another reason I believe the new uniforms will be very similar to the '90s look.

I forgot to post this before, but I also found this image that appears to have been taken prior to the draft as a test photo:

KhI64c6.jpg

Obviously the Suns had a Superman style campaign ready to show off their new uniforms and drafted player. This image is another reason I believe the new uniforms will be very similar to the '90s look.

I love the fact that the guy is wearing a Phoenix Mercury jacket!

Also, the front of the Blazers alt:

173143087_10.sjpg_565_800_1_100_1_49_28.jpg

Man, Portland with a classic case of Florida Marlins Syndrome here. You start with a fantastic look, then gradually tweak, adjust, and chip-chip-chip away at it. Then one day, you look up, and your team is dressed like a batter-dipped turd. What a mess.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived