NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The S-sunburst silhouette logo (worst logo of the new bunch) looks more like a manufacturer logo, especially on the jersey. Kind of adds an air of cheapness to it. Like Starter or something.

How sure are we that the streaking sun comes back to the front of the uniform? What if it's just that the wordmarks are slanted at that angle without the sun? (probably will have it, just looking at the overall possibilities)

What's the official unveiling date?

No official date, but according to Paul Coro (Suns official beat writer), they will be unveiled in "late September".

BNe7oVhCEAI_epe.jpg

Don't they usually have jerseys for the new players the day after the draft at their introductory press conference?

Usually, but apparently the Suns will either skip that step or do as I fear...... hand them an old, out-dated jersey to hold up. This seems like it could never happen, but remember, the Suns are the same team that debuted a new court that included a new wordmark and logos while wearing an old jersey with old wordmarks and logos. Nothing they do is by the book.

This actually wouldn't be the first time for them. When they debuted the sunburst unis in '92-'93, they still wore the old uniforms all through the preseason. I remember that distinctly since that was the year they got Barkley and there are plenty of photos of him in the '80s unis.

I always wondered why pics of Barkley sometimes showed up like this:

barkley-suns.jpg

Greatest Suns jersey ever!

If there is no sun streak on the front, the angled wordmark would actually harken back to the old Rockets and Lakers jerseys (slanted name + number). It wouldn't look bad, but it would look better with the sun streak.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Who said the new uniforms would have the blazing sun across the jersey, like the retro ones? I may of missed something, but has this been confirmed somewhere?

It just makes sense, given we can see the slanted wordmark. i'd be shocked if it wasn't there. I'm really curious what the orange, sleeved alternate might look look like. Wonder if they would use a slanted "PHX" over the streaking sun?

Per @uniwatch, new numbering on that Blazers red alt. Numbers go from black to white, and maybe that's a new font?

https://mobile.twitt...05323521/photos

Glad to see that. As soon as I saw them last year I thought "they woulda nailed it with white numbers". They also tweaked the shorts striping slightly. I'm not sure that was necessary. The white stripe looks like it awkwardly curves back towards the front of the shorts now.

http://iama.slideshowpro.com/albums/011/928/album-402020/cache/173143120_10.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_49_21.sjpg?1373328217

Who said the new uniforms would have the blazing sun across the jersey, like the retro ones? I may of missed something, but has this been confirmed somewhere?

It just makes sense, given we can see the slanted wordmark. i'd be shocked if it wasn't there. I'm really curious what the orange, sleeved alternate might look look like. Wonder if they would use a slanted "PHX" over the streaking sun?

this is the orange wordmark, so no "PHX" for em.

suns_13-14_wordmarks_zps6aaf7fd2.png

Also, the front of the Blazers alt:

173143087_10.sjpg_565_800_1_100_1_49_28.jpg

At least Nike makes uniforms that are legit

What? I'm not sure what that means.

At least Nike doesn't go overboard and last longer and more durable. College teams and NFL are wearing the same type of jerseys every year without any radical changes with the exception of schools or franchises that request to make changes (e.g. Dolphins and Vikings for this year). Nike usually accepts demands on what type of design schools and or NFL teams want. OTOH, it seems like Adidas has to change year after year or even within a year because they don't seem to get it right (e.g. Michigan). And it seems like they tell schools and pro sports teams to "take it or lump it" even if they don't like the design. That is probably the reason why I am more pro-Nike than any other manufacturing company. At least Nike makes products that are better and stand out more than any other (including Adidas).

I think that Blazers alt looks fine. It's a shame the Blazers are routinely awful, they've got one of the best looks in the NBA and it's never showcased.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On the Suns' official online store page, a lot of new logo merchandise will ship out July 18th. Not sure if that means anything regarding the unveiling of the jerseys, or if that's just a supply/logistics issue. The only thing I've seen regarding the jersey unveiling is it'll happen "soon".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On the Suns' official online store page, a lot of new logo merchandise will ship out July 18th. Not sure if that means anything regarding the unveiling of the jerseys, or if that's just a supply/logistics issue. The only thing I've seen regarding the jersey unveiling is it'll happen "soon".

According to Paul Coro (Suns' beat writer for the Arizona Republic), the new uniforms will be unveiled in late September. Then again, he also said the team's road uniform would be black and, apparently, that can't happen since the official wordmarks have only shown white, orange and purple. I'm still holding out hope for an all black road uniform, no matter what anyone says. :P

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I like the Blazers alternate, but I think it would look better if they removed the logo above the "PORTLAND" wordmark. Maybe they could remove the "Rip City" wordmark on the back of the pants and put the logo there, I don't know.

But this is a potentially very good uniform that is hurt by being a tad over-busy.

Archived