NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't you all be satisfied with a uniform. Solid uniforms come out all the time and everyone on these boards say that they're extremely bothered by aspects of a uniform that are hard to even notice. I feel like anything less than perfection is a train wreck in the eyes of all of you

This board would be a lot less interesting if it consisted of nothing but post along the lines of "Hey guys, don't you like that new uniform?" "Me too!"

True but it bothers me when people nitpick the smallest gosh darn detail. I understand that's the way they are but I feel like whenever I see a thread of a new uniform unveiling it just gets torn to shreds by everyone on here

This community is built on nitpicking and 95% of the designs that come out today are terrible and deserve to be nitpicked to death.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Can't you all be satisfied with a uniform. Solid uniforms come out all the time and everyone on these boards say that they're extremely bothered by aspects of a uniform that are hard to even notice. I feel like anything less than perfection is a train wreck in the eyes of all of you

This board would be a lot less interesting if it consisted of nothing but post along the lines of "Hey guys, don't you like that new uniform?" "Me too!"

True but it bothers me when people nitpick the smallest gosh darn detail. I understand that's the way they are but I feel like whenever I see a thread of a new uniform unveiling it just gets torn to shreds by everyone on here

No one is forcing you to come to this message board. At least I hope not.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

welcome_to_the_internet.jpg

spacer.png

Lot of nerds here...

Durr. Why on Earth a team named 'Suns' never went with an orange primary, I'll never know.

Well maybe it's because their logo (an orange sun) would have been lost in a sea of orange, so they picked a contrasting color to use as a base for it.

gallery7.jpgJeff-Hornacek.jpg

Exactly. And what better color to go with orange than purple? Many a Phoenix sunset had wild swirlings of purple and orange. It's the perfect color combination.

Durr. Why on Earth a team named 'Suns' never went with an orange primary, I'll never know.

Well maybe it's because their logo (an orange sun) would have been lost in a sea of orange, so they picked a contrasting color to use as a base for it.

gallery7.jpgJeff-Hornacek.jpg

Exactly. And what better color to go with orange than purple? Many a Phoenix sunset had wild swirlings of purple and orange. It's the perfect color combination.

Amen, brother!

Suns just released this image.

KWFA47I.jpg

With that striping going through the letter like that, I am now convinced there is no sunburst on the front of the jersey.

What leads you to that conclusion, out of curiosity?

Considering they zoomed so close to the 'S', I'm guessing there has to be something beneath it that they didn't want to reveal quite yet. I can't imagine just random stripes, but I guess it's technically possible.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

^Yeah, I don't understand that logic. They could just as easily stuck the partial primary underneath that word mark and BAM, there you go.

And as the pictures I posted before clearly show..... there appears to be some sort of striping underneath the wordmark. Couple that with the 'test' photo that mimics the Len/Superman pose and the fact the guy is wearing a '92/'93 jersey, I'm fairly certain the sunburst will appear in some way, shape or form. I bet that will be the final teaser before the official unveiling is announced.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Wow, with this new teaser pic, I have NO idea what they're doing.

Just SHOW them already.

That's just an 'S' in SUNS. It's your typical wordmark across the front of the jersey. I think the striping within the letter is enhanced since it's a super closeup. I doubt it's very noticeable when viewed at a normal distance. Probably just used to make the letters really pop from far away. I just went back and looked at the Len teaser image of the purple uniform and the white letters in PHOENIX have the same striping effect.

KWFA47I.jpg

Don't like how the stripes get wider periodically. What if the sunburst starts within the last letter, S on the home jerseys and X on the aways, and those lines represent the sunburst. It would explain why there are white lines on the away uniform, considering the script is white.

KWFA47I.jpg

Don't like how the stripes get wider periodically. What if the sunburst starts within the last letter, S on the home jerseys and X on the aways, and those lines represent the sunburst.

I wouldn't say the stripes get wider "periodically". There is a pattern. The darker stripes go from thick to thin as you look at it top to bottom.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm thinking the shorts photo with the purple and black in the back are compared to the orange and white shorts. the orange stripe is the purple in that other photo while the white is the black. Just throwing that out there.

I'm thinking the shorts photo with the purple and black in the back are compared to the orange and white shorts. the orange stripe is the purple in that other photo while the white is the black. Just throwing that out there.

What's funny is, I was thinking the exact same thing. I tried to recreate what we know but alas, too chicken to post here.

Archived