NBA 90s Fauxbacks

Jvelleu

Why the hell are you quoting and responding to yourself? Also, why did you post that Pats banner too?

exactly what I was thinking! That's similar to liking tour own stuff on Facebook or retweeting your own tweet on twitter.

As for the concept, once again you took a team and made them beautifully horrific (or is it horrifically beautiful?) reminds me of Kyle Petty's (for those who don't know, former nascar driver) old Mello Yellow car from the early 90s. Love it!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't get 90s when I look at the Thunder. It looks more like a 70s concept more than anything else, but that may be just me. Probably a 90s concept would have included maybe some storm clouds in the background with lightning coming out of them. The jerseys probably would have been a black to midnight blue or gray to midnight blue gradient. The logo probably would have been like the logo St. John's adopted during that time.

The Nets concept looks more like it would work today rather than in the 90s. Back then there was no push to include city/state names prominently on primary and secondary logos. Also, most teams did not put anything except names and numbers on the back of the uniforms; you probably wouldn't have the BKLYN back there in the 90s. The logo itself doesn't really say 90s because of the plain font used for the lettering. Maybe if you used the same font you used for "Brooklyn" on the uniform for the logo it may fit the theme better. By the way, the logo looks like the ball is going behind the hoop rather than into it.

I'm not necessarily ripping the concepts but I don't think either one would have fit into the 90s. Again, a graphical representation of stormy skies on the jerseys (think something like a blend of the Hawks' and Rockets' late 90s unis) might have been what the Thunders' uniforms would have look like, while the set the Nets actually wore in the 90s (with the font they used for the wordmark and the gradient ball in the logo) were one of the typical 90s looks.

I don't get 90s when I look at the Thunder. It looks more like a 70s concept more than anything else, but that may be just me. Probably a 90s concept would have included maybe some storm clouds in the background with lightning coming out of them. The jerseys probably would have been a black to midnight blue or gray to midnight blue gradient. The logo probably would have been like the logo St. John's adopted during that time.

Something like this but basketball?

27e9c0e26c1d2c0b.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived