Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Looks like ESPN has rolled out a gold-accented version of its NBA graphics package for the ECF. Looks nice. I would have saved it for the Finals, but this isn’t the first time they’ve gone gold starting with the conference finals round.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I don't have a screenshot available, did NBC/Peacock change their use of the Liverpool badge this year? The banner today had the bird, not the entire badge.

Yes, they are using the bird instead of the badge. (Scoreboard appears at 1:38 into the video)

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

ESPN wasn't lying when they emphasized those new graphics for the SEC on ABC, because they've got the current/old graphics for FSU-GT, which means that ESPN is going to roll out two separate graphics packages for the same sport this season. Thanks, I hate it

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Well...CBS stuck to their guns and brought the scoreboard from SB LVIII for the preseason Cardinals/Broncos game. No getting around the fact that it'll be there and likely through this new Super Bowl cycle that doesn't get back around to the eye network until LXII in 2028.

G6MSsXd.png

• Hurl 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I don't know, I think that 2013-2016 one obstructed the logos too much. It looked a bit too claustrophobic even for a score bug.

I just hope the current one uses that negative space for the regular season records because it looks pretty unfinished as it stands.

• Like 1

There's a lot wrong with the new CBS scorebug, certainly. But the thing I can't get past is how much screen real estate it takes up while having so much empty space in it: The team abbreviations have essentially no margins now. If that's the look they're going for, why put so much room between the abbreviations and the scores? Surely it can't just be that they thought "Oh, if we put them too close together, it will look crowded!" when the abbreviations themselves are already crowding the logos and top and bottom bounds of the graphic.

This is about as much space as I would think they'd need for each element. (Never say never, I suppose; But I'm assuming we're safe from any 3-digit scores, and the down and distance would never be more than Xxx & XX.)

spacer.png

If it doesn't have to be any bigger than that, why add the empty space and make it that much harder to read?

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

There's a lot wrong with the new CBS scorebug, certainly. But the thing I can't get past is how much screen real estate it takes up while having so much empty space in it: The team abbreviations have essentially no margins now. If that's the look they're going for, why put so much room between the abbreviations and the scores? Surely it can't just be that they thought "Oh, if we put them too close together, it will look crowded!" when the abbreviations themselves are already crowding the logos and top and bottom bounds of the graphic.

This is about as much space as I would think they'd need for each element. (Never say never, I suppose; But I'm assuming we're safe from any 3-digit scores, and the down and distance would never be more than Xxx & XX.)

spacer.png

If it doesn't have to be any bigger than that, why add the empty space and make it that much harder to read?

Some of the space will surely be used for the regular season record which for no real reason apparently must be shown all the time now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

Some of the space will surely be used for the regular season record which for no real reason apparently must be shown all the time now.

Ohhhh, good point.

(I like having the record there, but I like a lot of information available to me at one time as opposed to keeping things minimal.)

More info on the SEC on ESPN package.

Also, for the record, I like the new CBS scorebug. The ones from the 2000s will always have a soft spot in my heart because that's what I grew up with, but I think the new one does a pretty good job. I figure we'll all be used to the change by like Week 3 anyway.

• Like 1