Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 3/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, NashConcepts said:

I can't figure out where this WBC graphics package is from, but I really like it for FOX. They used their MLB one for a few games, but I feel as if by and large they've switched to this sleek one. 110% not complaining.

pNq2jZd.jpg

Reminds me of the MLB Network on from last year, without the logos

iZOckQ3.jpg

The score bug is the same as the one used on the international feed for the World Series.  Can't find a picture, but link to 2019 World Series on Youtube. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:39 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

Reminds me of NBC's premier league coverage with some games having NBC graphics and others having Premier League world feed graphics

Are you talking about games they air on Peacock? I'm guessing anyway because I don't have a Peacock subscription. But except for when there are cut-ins to different games (or technical difficulties), every game NBC airs on their stations use their graphics.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Are you talking about games they air on Peacock? I'm guessing anyway because I don't have a Peacock subscription. But except for when there are cut-ins to different games (or technical difficulties), every game NBC airs on their stations use their graphics.

Yeah Peacock use the World Feed

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 2:32 PM, GrayJ12 said:

Now that's cursed. The old FX logo was odd, to say the least.

FX when it launched was all about being kooky. Their big properties were Adam West Batman reruns and a morning show with Tom Bergeron and a puppet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

35 minutes ago, the admiral said:

FX when it launched was all about being kooky. Their big properties were Adam West Batman reruns and a morning show with Tom Bergeron and a puppet.

And within a few years, Adam West would be having a career renaissance and Bergeron would be hosting AFV and Hollywood Squares...

rAUPGPZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I should have mentioned while watching the TNT and TBS Stanley Cup Playoff games...it seems like they have revamped their current graphics package. Some of the elements remind me of the now-previous NFL on Fox package like this matchup graphic seen below.

ypkHLWC.png

Wasn't able to capture the rest yet, but some of the new transitions and player graphics also remind me of what they have with the current package from the NBA on TNT.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to watch yesterday's NBC simulcast of Sunday Leadoff. I get that the outline had to be dropped because of the new "logo", but during sports events, it needs a background (i.e. CBS Sports current on-screen IDs). Now you have a problem where some of the feathers blend in with or are hard to find on the screen.

8UVlooK.png

• Like 4

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 12:23 AM, loneranger158 said:

Opening night for WNBA on ESPN and the scoreboard has been modified to show the full team names in a totally different font. Why they felt the need to change the format is beyond me.

The only comparable use I've seen beforehand is the All-Star Celebrity Game.

UzPlqcQ.png

That aside, I think using team names is okay considering the WNBA is obviously not as popular, yet a somewhat rising sport in the eyes of some viewers; not saying the use of abbreviations a la the typical NBA on ESPN presentation is irrelevant, but this is a worthy experiment considering that Fox Sports did the same with their scoreboard for the RSNs covering NBA teams in those final few seasons before turning over to Bally. And with that being said, getting the team names probably helps when you realize how ad-heavy the WNBA uniforms are.

• Like 3

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...