Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

I don't understand this.  The SB is the final game of the season.  Why would they use that game to debut a new (untested) package?  Very few people watching the game care or will even notice, and I'd think they'd want to run it through a few preseason or regular season games just to iron out any kinks.  The people that will notice are probably used to the current package, and a new one could just be a visual distraction from the biggest game of the season.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is going to be interesting too since the Clash for NASCAR will be this weekend. They just switched to the post-Super Bowl LIV graphics last year, and the last time FOX had a graphics package that lasted only one year was the 2006 design package.

So who knows? It could be a soft launch for the Clash or the NASCAR package won't change.

rAUPGPZ.png

On 2/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

At least we know Cleatus is not going anywhere (bottom part of the pic)

Noticed this in the follow up tweet. The first image used, which I'm presuming was a demo made by FOX before the Super Bowl, is the only time the previous logos for the Chargers and Rams, and the only time ever the former Rеdskins logo have and will ever be seen on the 2020-2022 FOX NFL graphics package, as the Rams and Chargers released new logos that offseason, and the Rеdskins rebranded to the Football Team too.

Edited by simtek34
  • Like 4

da0Lbhs.png

As I mentioned in a post prior to the season, I also fully expect a change in the NFL on Fox logo (and subsequently CFB) once the 2023 season begins, preferably using white as I drew up in two mockups I made below. I much prefer the RWB version as an homage to the 90s logo color scheme, but if they keep the yellow around, I wouldn't be surprised.

foxnfl_22render.pngfoxnfl_22render-alt2.png

MLB, college basketball, and the USFL all have logos on white, so I think there's a great chance that trend will follow the NFL and college football.

2130037704_Metsvs.PhilliesGame2Highlights(8_20_22)_MLBHighlights0-54screenshot.png.d177a11885f57c866f9fc92d5a7016ca.png1341328015_VillanovavsXavier_2021_12.21_NCAABGame20-41screenshot.png.c6a28c864106a02619a66fd2c7972a0a.png946194440_USFLChampionship_BirminghamStallionsvs.PhiladelphiaStarsExtendedHighlights_USFL0-24screenshot.png.dfba19679973670b8c8c4a4739b54edd.png

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

9 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

As I mentioned in a post prior to the season, I also fully expect a change in the NFL on Fox logo (and subsequently CFB) once the 2023 season begins, preferably using white as I drew up in two mockups I made below. I much prefer the RWB version as an homage to the 90s logo color scheme, but if they keep the yellow around, I wouldn't be surprised.

foxnfl_22render.pngfoxnfl_22render-alt2.png

MLB, college basketball, and the USFL all have logos on white, so I think there's a great chance that trend will follow the NFL and college football.

2130037704_Metsvs.PhilliesGame2Highlights(8_20_22)_MLBHighlights0-54screenshot.png.d177a11885f57c866f9fc92d5a7016ca.png1341328015_VillanovavsXavier_2021_12.21_NCAABGame20-41screenshot.png.c6a28c864106a02619a66fd2c7972a0a.png946194440_USFLChampionship_BirminghamStallionsvs.PhiladelphiaStarsExtendedHighlights_USFL0-24screenshot.png.dfba19679973670b8c8c4a4739b54edd.png

I predicted the same thing in 2021 with FOX having more white on the scoreboard

On that post I said NBC would look more like Sky. Swing and a miss. Let's see if we will be right here

A hint of the graphics package that we will see on Sunday? (Left side of the pic with Chiefs and Eagles logos.)

spacer.png

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/fox-sports-tackles-super-bowl-lvii-coverage-with-emphasis-on-clarity

Edit: Seems this is going to be the new FoxBox. Right as I search Fox Graphics on twitter lmao

Edit 2: Not the scorebug.

Edited by TrueYankee26
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, maddybutsports said:

More reliable source leaking the scorebug (in very low quality) 

Yeah this looks legit, straight from the production trucks.

Does not look much different from the last one other than being in an oblong/elliptical shape like the 2010-2013 graphics package instead of the parrallelogram.. Dunno where people are getting major overhaul then.

• Like 2

So obviously, Fox is going to have a new score bug for the Super Bowl later tonight (I'm holding off on my take on it until I see the final product). I know it will probably at the bottom of the screen, but part of me longs for the days when they had the score banner at the top of the screen, like this: 

maxresdefault.jpg

It was so clean and simplistic, plus it had the awesome sound effect whenever someone scored, and it's my all-time favorite. We'll probably never see a top-screen banner for a score bug again (unless if someone else is using one at the moment, idk), which is understandable, given the growth of technology, but this particular score bug was my all time favorite for Fox Sports.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Call me crazy but I think that this is the first time the NFL on FOX is taking cues from NASCAR on FOX instead of the other way around. 

That and their MLB and College basketball graphics. These new graphics to me look like a mix of all of that and the now previous football graphics.

I see a "Super Bowl Ring" motif throughout the package which I like.