Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

21 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Because Fox is Fox, they added a diamond pattern that's always in motion to the scorebug they debuted at the Super Bowl for... reasons

F4lBeBXXsAAlOck?format=jpg&name=medium

It's fine I guess. Scorebugs on the bottom just suck in general and distorts the screen when the ticker has to pop up. These are problems that can resolved if they left everything on top of the screen. 

• Applause 1

XM4KeeA.png

On 8/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

I might be the only one who does not hate the new FOX CFB scoreboard. Yeah it is too big but I kinda like the wackiness of it.

There's something very mid-90s about it that really hits me in the nostalgia. I don't even know how to describe it, exactly. But the angled logos, the scripts all over everything, it looks almost like NBC's football graphics from the mid 90s.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:40 PM, CitizenTino said:

I don’t love the new Fox college graphics, but I am far more annoyed that they continue to distort the picture aspect ratio to add in their ticker.

Scorebug Inflation Must Be Stopped | Defector

I don't know why they couldn't go with this instead, with the ticker below it removed.

Fox's enormous new college football scorebug frustrates fans

I actually like the scorebug, with the exception of the font used for each team's nickname being part of the bug.

NBC debuts new college football score bug

This bug is the best looking this year though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, FSUViking said:

ESPN's new MNF bug it really sharp and clean. Extremely colorful. 

Agree completely it's a big upgrade.

My only criticism is that every time the down+distance would flip I'd think that there was a penalty. Especially when using the bright green for the Jets. Maybe it was just me, since I'm not really used to seeing that much movement on a score bug after every play. 

• Like 1

Fox was barely a network before the NFL. It was the old Metromedia stations agreeing on an expanded syndication package with a brand name. Amazing what football did for them and what losing football did to CBS.

EDIT: and another thing! How remarkable is it that the NFL on Fox theme has never changed in 30 years? The CBS and NBC themes have both been heavily rearranged (NBC twice since 2006 I think) but I don't think Fox has changed the main theme one note. Another mark for the Permanent '90s.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The upcoming NBA season is going to have some interesting new broadcasts due to Bally Sports' tomfoolery. So far it seems like the Suns games will be on a local network known as Arizona's Family Sports, the Utah Jazz will return to KJZZ and the Wizards will air on a rebranded NBC Sports now known as Monumental Sports Network. I am very intrigued by the return of the unique local flavor of sports broadcasting, something that was sorely missed over the last 15 years.

I'm assuming the same stuff will occur with MLB next season as Bally Sports' issues came up in the middle of the season, giving MLB and the teams no time to get something going.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

On 9/15/2023 at 4:00 PM, the admiral said:

Fox was barely a network before the NFL. It was the old Metromedia stations agreeing on an expanded syndication package with a brand name. Amazing what football did for them and what losing football did to CBS.

EDIT: and another thing! How remarkable is it that the NFL on Fox theme has never changed in 30 years? The CBS and NBC themes have both been heavily rearranged (NBC twice since 2006 I think) but I don't think Fox has changed the main theme one note. Another mark for the Permanent '90s.

CBS suffered and now we have ABC just coasting on ESPN's name to even remain relevant. Not to mention NBC losing the NFL afternoon slate and the NBA was pretty bad too.

Fox is the best network for football and you can't tell me otherwise. 

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Pabig93 said:

Something interesting that occured to me on the FOX NFL Scorebug. Apparently they randomly switch between using a 1 with a serif and a 1 without any serif. Confuses me a bit.spacer.png

It's not really random. For time elements they use the serif and for non-time elements they use sans serif.

• Like 3

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!