Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Lowkey love the Apple TV+ baseball graphics, even if they are aggressively simple and Apple-like:

spacer.pngspacer.png

(Pardon the UI shadow on the second shot.)

I do wish they had placed the base diagram between the teams and put their logo in the top-right corner or something. And I didn't get a shot of it, but there's always a plain white text stat, usually live "Reach Base Probability," in the lower-right.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Merely speculation talk, but it'll be interesting to see what Fox does with their next graphics package for the NFL and subsequently college football. I'm almost certain the logos will change for both, likely recoloring this, for example...

NFL on Fox 2014.svg

...to a modern version of the red/white/blue color scheme from the 90s logo (see the Fox-boro post above). USFL, MLB, and college hoops have logos all on a white background, save the exceptions made for special events like the MLB postseason.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 11:45 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Merely speculation talk, but it'll be interesting to see what Fox does with their next graphics package for the NFL and subsequently college football. I'm almost certain the logos will change for both, likely recoloring this, for example...

NFL on Fox 2014.svg

...to a modern version of the red/white/blue color scheme from the 90s logo (see the Fox-boro post above). USFL, MLB, and college hoops have logos all on a white background, save the exceptions made for special events like the MLB postseason.

All of the Summerall-Madden seasons and the 1st year of the Joe Buck era had the red white and blue color scheme. It would be intresting to see the NFL on FOX go back to that color scheme in the 1st year of the Burkhardt era.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

All of the Summerall-Madden seasons and the 1st year of the Joe Buck era had the red white and blue color scheme. It would be intresting to see the NFL on FOX go back to that color scheme in the 1st year of the Burkhardt era.

Thus far the advertisements for the Ravens-Cardinals game still has the Yellow and Black logo

• 2 weeks later...

NBA 2K23 introduced a new mode in it where you can go back in time and play out 80 years  starting from either 1983, 1991 or 2002. It's crazy stuff, they got everything in there a logo/uniform die hard could want it seems.

With those eras comes graphics packages and they did a great job with that one. The NBC and ESPN ones got me hyped. They don't have the licenses to the networks but they can use the general designs.

The game isnt out yet but it all seems to be pretty good detail wise.

8a-Presentation-MVB-Title_1216x684.jpg

8d-Presentation-Jordan-Title_1216x684__1

8g-Presentation-Kobe-Title_1216x684.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

NBA 2K23 introduced a new mode in it where you can go back in time and play out 80 years  starting from either 1983, 1991 or 2002. It's crazy stuff, they got everything in there a logo/uniform die hard could want it seems.

With those eras comes graphics packages and they did a great job with that one. The NBC and ESPN ones got me hyped. They don't have the licenses to the networks but they can use the general designs.

The game isnt out yet but it all seems to be pretty good detail wise.

8a-Presentation-MVB-Title_1216x684.jpg

8d-Presentation-Jordan-Title_1216x684__1

8g-Presentation-Kobe-Title_1216x684.jpg

That's almost 1 for 1 the old ESPN scorebug from the 2000s. Impressed with the detail. 

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png