Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 2/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, RyanMcD29 said:

We dodged a bullet out of Fox

FK2cacLXMAMyoGm?format=jpg&name=medium

That being said, the lower thirds gotta chill out with the animated things going on in the background

Fox nailed it for NASCAR. Too bad I can't say the same for college hoops and MLB...

4 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

spacer.png

NBC's new scorebug was leaked ahead of the Super Bowl. Not sure how big it'll actually be, because here it looks a little big. However, I do like the new design. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It looks like it's taking up way too much space on the screen, unless the top part of the screen is missing from the picture. I'm not a huge fan but maybe it'll look better once we see it in action and in HD on Sunday

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ~Bear said:

spacer.png

NBC's new scorebug was leaked ahead of the Super Bowl. Not sure how big it'll actually be, because here it looks a little big. However, I do like the new design. 

I don't buy this. Where would they put the down and distance? Why is there a giant white shadow below the Super Bowl logos?

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 2/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, Bruhammydude said:

I hope NBC doesn't change their NFL graphics just yet, they have my favorite graphics package across the league

Just saw the Pregame and I think they just modernized the current graphics.  Won't mind if they recycled the new graphics they used for NHL

NASCAR on FOX did well. I could to with a little less italics, but custom car numbers, no gigantic gimmicks in the scoring pylon, I like it. 

still wish they would disallow ads that light up significant parts of the score bug yellow though, makes me think there’s a caution every time. 

the graphics in race to highlight specific drivers are cool, colorful, and branded like the car with a huge car #. Only downside is they’re still using the cartoons instead of actual driver pictures.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I hate all the stupid shadows and gradient textures. That was the only thing I disliked about the previous NBC scorebug, but this just looks goofy. Looks worse than every scorebug NBC has had since I started watching football in 2009. The previous one was dynamic, unique, and modern, though some of the shadows and textures didn't work. This is just awful. Not a single graphic looks good to me. Can't wait for 3 years from now when they change again.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns