NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

I played one year of park and rec football in 6th grade and if I remember anything I learned it was to wrap your arms around someone when tackling. It's basic, regardless of safety. It's a better way to bring someone down. It's just not a better way to get people to say "woahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this weekend's precictions since the preseason doesn't matter............

Stormtrooper Jets, Chiefs in all white, Saints, Chargers, Cowpokes, Colts if they are going all Stormtrooper white, Titans, Jagwires or Philly if one of them are going all white, San Fran, Rams, Washington, and Tampa. Isn't it obvious.......NYG......1-3!

Harrell got cut, so it appears Vince Young is the Pack backup. Also watching the Raider game last night, Pryor has to be in the lead for the starting job. Flynn was horrible last night, 19 yards and 2 picks. Pryor has accuracy issues and did his damage against the 2nd string, but did make a few good plays with his legs, and the fanbase is on his side.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Been saying this for a while now.

Greg McElroy should be given a bloody shot to take this team. They'll be bad with Sanchez, at least with McElroy they'll be an NFL worst, so they can draft whichever QB is at the top of the list next year. But not before Woody Johnson loosens his damn reins and Rex Ryan is given the boot.

I could really care less though, they're the Jets.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Seems kind of weird to me how some pre-season matchups are played every season, or seemingly every season.

I'm not talking about Giants-Jets or Eagles-Steelers either. I'm talking more like Seahawks-Chargers (old AFC West rivalry, I guess) and the Bucs-Patriots, which is completely inexplicable.

Individual teams are in charge of scheduling preseason games so relationships are forged.

Who's more screwed going into the season? Jets or Bills?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

@drdougfresh I apologize. I did see the Cards-Chargers play, and I misread what you wrote. I thought at first it was meant to be about Geno Smith, but it was about the Cards play instead.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm gonna say the Jets. I think they are going to be screwed until Woody is a stiff.

That last sentence is arguably the worst thing you've ever posted in your 8 year history here.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seems kind of weird to me how some pre-season matchups are played every season, or seemingly every season.

I'm not talking about Giants-Jets or Eagles-Steelers either. I'm talking more like Seahawks-Chargers (old AFC West rivalry, I guess) and the Bucs-Patriots, which is completely inexplicable.

Individual teams are in charge of scheduling preseason games so relationships are forged.

Unless something changed in the last CBA contract....

The NFL handles the scheduling for the first three weeks of preseason (as well as the Hall of Fame Game). The individual teams handle the last week of preseason games, which is why many of these games feature opponents that aren't too far away from each other.

Teams may request who they want to play (whether it be geographical or coaching ties), but the NFL arranges the first three weeks.

The Jets. At least Buffalo has a QB in Kolb and possibly Manuel when he comes back from his injury. The Jets, after last night, don't even look like they have a decent QB at all. Geno laid a huge egg and, to add the proverbial salt to the wound, Sanchez got hurt playing with the backups.

Hell, the third stringer was more impressive then the number one and number two guys. Maybe Rex might want Matt Simms starting the season opener, no?

Archived