NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Fair enough. Totally agree than fan loyalty is difficult to quantify and the study is proof. By posting this thing I wasn't endorsing it. Should have realized it wouldn't sit well with some.

A few days ago, you were defending this 'study' like your kid was part of the research team......

Besides, we really know why you posted it. You just happened to get called out on how bogus this study was, not just towards your initial target, but across the board.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a big fan of analytics in baseball and always wondered how it would translate in a game like football. It's cool that my curiosity will be sated by my favorite team. I don't think it will work as well as baseball but the Jags just came off a 2-14 season so why not?

"The Geeks Shall Inherit the Turf."

Edit: I have to say that this year's draft class is looking really good so far. It already looks like the best one since the Coughlin years. I am sure the other Jags fans on this board will agree with me.

Did Jenkins ever really get a chance with the Niners? Only played 37 offensive snaps, only one target (drop) over 16 games last year. I'm not sure if this is a matter of not learning the playbook, fitness, inability to stand out during practice, or whatever the hell you may suspect. But it's curious. It's pretty telling when a team like San Francisco, who are a bit short in the passing game right now with their off-season departures and injuries, decides to give up on someone they drafted in the first round last year. From what I could gather, Jenkins was certainly having a miserable camp and pre-season this year, so it's not entirely unjustified.

The beat goes on. For two teams with stellar rosters, the Niners and Seahawks have not enjoyed pleasant off-seasons so far. On the AFC side, you can add the Broncos and Patriots to that mix.

I read that the 49ers would have just cut Jenkins, but thought it would look bad cutting a first rounder from the year before. I think he could've been good in the right situation, but getting picked in the first round probably killed that. He always thought he was better than he was and made some public comments along those lines. I think he just needs someone to set him straight and he could still be a good receiver.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Awesome!!

Google in talks with NFL to show games on YouTube!

Came across this gif today. Have to save it for something special.

UfwuLIm.gif

Also I have a follow up to this. Need to start making a "Worst Gif of Every Starting QB" collection.

GRCWi.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is a great deal for both sides. The Cowboys protected themselves with only 16 mil guaranteed, and it gave Lee incentives to stay healthy and earn the full value of his contract. If this dude stays healthy, he'll be a Top 5 LB. Easy.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Awesome!!

UfwuLIm.gif

Also I have a follow up to this. Need to start making a "Worst Gif of Every Starting QB" collection.

GRCWi.gif

If they make a deal with google, that will mean droid and I can get Football on MY Phone!!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Awesome!!

UfwuLIm.gif

GRCWi.gif

If they make a deal with google, that will mean droid and I can get Football on MY Phone!!!!

Is it worth the bandwidth though?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Awesome!!

UfwuLIm.gif

GRCWi.gif

No. Because the NFL has a current deal with Verizon for wireless phones for the next four years. You may need a tablet.

Read Forbes.

Then again, apparently post #243 here went unread too

Why is there all this blowback from players about the hit on Dustin Keller? Guys get hit like that all the time. It's unfortunate he got hurt but come on, that was just bad luck the way it played out. Did anybody see anything questionable about that hit?

You are saying blowback, but you as a Saints fan (again) seem to point to a Falcon speaking. In this case, Tony Gonzalez.

I am a big fan of analytics in baseball and always wondered how it would translate in a game like football. It's cool that my curiosity will be sated by my favorite team. I don't think it will work as well as baseball but the Jags just came off a 2-14 season so why not?

"The Geeks Shall Inherit the Turf."

Edit: I have to say that this year's draft class is looking really good so far. It already looks like the best one since the Coughlin years. I am sure the other Jags fans on this board will agree with me.

Dude, you should say you're the last Jags fan left. Then you could be like that guy from the Mohicans and chicks really dig you when you when you're the last of something.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I dont think thats the preseason, notice how they have pink on. Its probably during October last year.

Plus I think their opponent's logo is Seattle, which would be Week 8 last year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived