NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Hey Eli. Welcome back to San Diego.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Schmuck.

10 years later and I'm still peeved at the fact he got to choose where he got drafted. Obviously the choice worked out but come on! He was rookie that had yet to step on an NFL field and he should've been happy to play anywhere. The NFL is a privilege not a birth rite.
I think you're horribly underestimating the power the NFL has in America.
Not really. I'm just of the mindset that a very select few ever make it to the league and those that do should cherish that blessing. I can think of a few guys that would've killed to be in Eli's position and would've gladly went wherever they got drafted. I may be wrong because I flat out don't remember but I don't think Peyton protested going to Indy.

Why shouldn't Eli get to choose where he works? With just about every other profession in the world, the employee has a say in where they work. Chastising Eli for not wanting to work for the Chargers is like chastising an accountant who turns down an offer at Microsoft.

Woah. Very ambitious, there. Lest we remember that Microsoft is a Seattle product and Apple is a San Francisco product. So what's appropriate for San Diego, then?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schmuck.

10 years later and I'm still peeved at the fact he got to choose where he got drafted. Obviously the choice worked out but come on! He was rookie that had yet to step on an NFL field and he should've been happy to play anywhere. The NFL is a privilege not a birth rite.
Not really. I'm just of the mindset that a very select few ever make it to the league and those that do should cherish that blessing. I can think of a few guys that would've killed to be in Eli's position and would've gladly went wherever they got drafted. I may be wrong because I flat out don't remember but I don't think Peyton protested going to Indy.

Why shouldn't Eli get to choose where he works? With just about every other profession in the world, the employee has a say in where they work. Chastising Eli for not wanting to work for the Chargers is like chastising an accountant who turns down an offer at Microsoft.

I'm pretty sure the two aren't comparable. A draft isn't the same as you and I choosing to take a job somewhere.

I'm a Boston fan and I haven't turned the Marathon tragedy into a "hey look how awesome our fans are!"

NO but ESPN and SI have to a sickening level

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Schmuck.

I'm pretty sure the two aren't comparable. A draft isn't the same as you and I choosing to take a job somewhere.

He used his leverage to work where he wanted to work. People that can do the same thing every day in America. Most of us don't have the leverage to be making demands like that and / or just quit our jobs and risk not having a paycheck for a year.

He played within the rules - he was under no obligation to sign with the Chargers, and had he stuck to his guns and sat out, he wouldn't have received a paycheck. Is he a jerk that you just want to slap in the face for no real good reason? Of course he is. But not necessarily for that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is he a jerk that you just want to slap in the face for no real good reason? Of course he is. But not necessarily for that.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's for that :P

Also what a day for football. The Chargers beat the Giants, and the Cardinals win, eliminating the Giants from the playoffs.

music.gifSunday, Monday, happy days...music.gif

Pats won? Check

Bengals won? Check

Steelers lost? Check (yeah, I know I picked them in the weekly pick-ems, but I still dont like them)

Giants lost? Check.

Today was a good day.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Bengals now hold the three seed in the AFC. Would've taken the two seed under their own destiny, but Cleveland decided to continue being worthless.

I was at the game wearing my new Giovani Bernard jersey (early christmas present from my lady) and it was a fun one albeit cold and wet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can the Lions just fire Schwartz now? Bring in a coach that can show this team some discipline. Schwartz just doesn't seem to have this mentality and it is showing in the players. Just can't let the Eagles come back and beat them in the 4th Quarter like they did.

I think we can rest the case about the Saints being about as good in the Superdomevas the Seahawks are at CenturyLink. Pretty much unbeatable. They still have to go to Carolina, though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Maybe, but New Orleans holds all the cards with that victory tonight, so provided they win dome games against the Rams and Bucs, they'll be the South winner and #2 seed.

That game two weeks from now matters in the sense that the Niners are certainly pulling for the Saints to pull the double, since that's the only chance that San Francisco would then control their fate for the #5 seed.

spacer.png

Popped the DET/PHI game on NFL Rewind, and it was awesome. I hope the Super Bowl is just like this: A total cluster :censored: of snow, wind, and slop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not sure how that is/would be Boston fans fault.

I'm a Boston fan and I haven't turned the Marathon tragedy into a "hey look how awesome our fans are!"

NO but ESPN and SI have to a sickening level

Does not matter if Boston fans are to blame, i am sick of Boston. Think of it as you felt when the Yankees kept winning. I hate the Pats and Sawx to begin with, i am phins fan and i am from nj. So i dont blame the fans, but i do want espn to get it stuck where the sun dont shine.

Can the Lions just fire Schwartz now? Bring in a coach that can show this team some discipline. Schwartz just doesn't seem to have this mentality and it is showing in the players. Just can't let the Eagles come back and beat them in the 4th Quarter like they did.

Ive been saying that for years. The lions have loads of talent but no discipline and the coach is to blame.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived