NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

To all Packers fans, not (I don't think) including Greg, who feel like it's a clever idea to go to Bears subreddits/forums/etc and talk trash/humblebrag

Sorry, that's not cool. Ever.

Sure it is. Sports fans don't need safe spaces. The humblebraggers from Football St. Louis just can't be surprised when they learn new forms of profanity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all Packers fans, not (I don't think) including Greg, who feel like it's a clever idea to go to Bears subreddits/forums/etc and talk trash/humblebrag, I say unto thee:

Nope, not me. I've been on Reddit all of one time for a Logocast thread. That place is a little too Lord of the Flies for me. Doubt I could even find the thread you're referring to. Other than my tongue-in-cheek foray into being a douchebag fan yesterday, that kind of thing really isn't my style. Back before I joined this place, I'd occasionally hang out in the Browns threads on Cleveland.com. I hated it when Pittsburgh fans would show up and talk :censored: . I never understood why Steelers fans would waste their time on a Browns site.

Anyway, it sucks that there are Packers fans out there who do that. Not exactly classy.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

I always found this to be pretty bizarre. There are situations where I frequently see the play clock go to "0," then the play commences without a penalty flag for delay of game.

IIRC, the rule is that the officials have to see then clock reach zero, THEN see the ball still not snapped.

Oh great. So that's the rule. You have to rely on someone in their 40s, 50s and 60s to have perfect eyesight for a flag to be thrown.

It's because after that play clock reaches "0", it's really still counting down 0.9 seconds, 0.8 seconds, etc. You have almost a full second after the play clock reads zero. I didn't see that play, so I don't know whether the refs did a good job there or not.

Actually that happens between "1" and "0." When a clock (any clock) hits zero it's over. When the play clock starts it goes to "39" immediately, it doesn't pause at "40" for a sec.

Doesn't matter cause it's never called that presicely and it still would have been 4th and 6 so the packers would have scored on that play instead of the 4th and 8 later. Probably on a interception that the Bears player gets struck by lightning and coughs up the ball into the waiting arms of Aaron Rodgers who's sitting in the endzone for some reason....

Stupid football.

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

I always found this to be pretty bizarre. There are situations where I frequently see the play clock go to "0," then the play commences without a penalty flag for delay of game.

IIRC, the rule is that the officials have to see then clock reach zero, THEN see the ball still not snapped.

Oh great. So that's the rule. You have to rely on someone in their 40s, 50s and 60s to have perfect eyesight for a flag to be thrown.

It's because after that play clock reaches "0", it's really still counting down 0.9 seconds, 0.8 seconds, etc. You have almost a full second after the play clock reads zero. I didn't see that play, so I don't know whether the refs did a good job there or not.

Actually that happens between "1" and "0." When a clock (any clock) hits zero it's over. When the play clock starts it goes to "39" immediately, it doesn't pause at "40" for a sec.

Doesn't matter cause it's never called that presicely and it still would have been 4th and 6 so the packers would have scored on that play instead of the 4th and 8 later. Probably on a interception that the Bears player gets struck by lightning and coughs up the ball into the waiting arms of Aaron Rodgers who's sitting in the endzone for some reason....

Stupid football.

If it paused at "40" when it first started, then you would have basically a 41 second play clock. It goes to 39 immediately because if you have 40.0000000000 seconds, there should only be an imperceptibly tiny amount of time that the clock reads 40. If you have 40 seconds, it immediately goes to 39.999999999999999. The play clock is 40 seconds. If you're saying the space between 0 and 1 is covered while the clock says "1", then the play clock should pause at 40 to cover the space between 39 and 40. It doesn't. There is still almost an entire second after the play clock reaches zero.

Over the last ten years, combining records, the playoffs would be (source and full standings):

1. Patriots (124-36)

2. Colts (111-49)

3. Steelers (105-55)

4. Chargers (100-60)

5. Ravens (95-65)

6. Broncos (93-67)

1. Packers (96-63-1)

2. Saints (91-69)

3. Giants (90-70)

4. Seahawks (88-72)

5. Falcons (90-70)

6. Eagles (89-70-1)

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but it will become one. Just like Doug Williams being the first black quarterback to start a super bowl shouldn't have been made a big deal, but it was.

We're getting closer to the day when it won't matter and we'll look at male gay athletes the same way we look at male left handed athletes, but first we need to have one be the first one. Someone's gotta do it.

------------------------------------------------------

If you believe there aren't gay players playing and excelling in the NFL right now you're naive.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's hard for me to give this any thought without any evidence. His boyfirend should have proof of their time together, pictures, hotel and dine receipts, something.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well even if he does, they're probably all under the name "Caesar Salasia." If you're a high profile celebrity trying to keep an affair (heterosexual or homosexual) you're probably going to use a fake name whenever possible.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but it will become one. Just like Doug Williams being the first black quarterback to start a super bowl shouldn't have been made a big deal, but it was.

We're getting closer to the day when it won't matter and we'll look at male gay athletes the same way we look at male left handed athletes, but first we need to have one be the first one. Someone's gotta do it.

------------------------------------------------------

If you believe there aren't gay players playing and excelling in the NFL right now you're naive.

If one of the top 5 players in the NFL is gay it is a big deal because that's the reality of where we are. We'd have to go through the "Green Bay Fudge Packers" jokes by your run-of-the-mill football fan oafs. Then we'd have to go through the people saying "why do we have to talk about this" (90% of whom would rather we just keep in in the closet because they are scared thinking about the issue will give 'em a woody). But ultimately, a well-respected athlete (on the one team that almost every non Lions/Vikings/Bears fan in America likes) would be of huge social significance in terms of shooting down stereotypes and getting us to that point where most people legitimately will not care who is gay and who is not (and not having people "come out" but just matter-of-fact have a boyfriend or a girlfriend as captured by TMZ or local media).

And the bold is absolutely true. Check this out:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-houston-oilers-gay-accepted-teammates-article-1.1559072

All that said, this is nothing more than a rumor to ignore, at least for the time being. Additionally, I hope "the first one" gets to come out on his own terms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't play fantasy sports, but do those games get impacted by post-game stat changes? Could you win your league then find out three days later that you actually lost because a passing TD was changed to a rushing TD?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We both know stats get changed after the fact in baseball all the time. This is no different. They're just doing their job. Besides, passing records in this era are practically meaningless anyway.

Yeah, it'll just be broken next year.

But, that's part of the game and they have to keep the integrity just like they did the time my fantasy football win became a tie.

I don't play fantasy sports, but do those games get impacted by post-game stat changes? Could you win your league then find out three days later that you actually lost because a passing TD was changed to a rushing TD?

As I mention above I did lose a win in the regular season. I think it was because of Tuesday change to a Sunday game, so I don't know about "three days" but if you are playing fantasy football on ESPN and you win the championship by a point, do check a couple of days later. I have also had margins of victory/loss increased/decreased.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't play fantasy sports, but do those games get impacted by post-game stat changes? Could you win your league then find out three days later that you actually lost because a

passing TD was changed to a rushing TD?

Yep. I once had a win changed to a tie before.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yes.

In Week 14 (the last week of our fantasy regular season), I originally had a 1-point loss. On Thursday, the NFL issued their stat corrections for the week, and one of my receivers gained 8 receiving yards (I believe it was on one of those end-of-game, let's try to mimic the Stanford Band plays) and bumped me up into a tie. And since our league has offline tiebreakers to settle tied weeks, my team won the tie-break and got the extra point added to the score, giving me a 1-point victory. That win also got me the 8th and final playoff seed (I was originally 10th or 11th based on wins and points scored before the stat correction), and the guy that originally got 8th got bumped to 9th and wound up missing the playoffs.

It's hard for me to give this any thought without any evidence. His boyfirend should have proof of their time together, pictures, hotel and dine receipts, something.

What, you need to see Aaron having another man's doogan in his hand/orifice to believe if he's gay?

Archived