NHL top 3 / bottom 3 logos

Bayne

Thought it would be interesting to get a general feel of what the top 3 and bottom 3 logos in the NHL are in your opinion...

TOP 3:

1. Detroit Red Wings

2. Chicago Blackhawks

3. St.Louis Blues

BOTTOM 3:

28. Carolina Hurricanes

29. Phoenix Coyotes

30. Nashville Predators

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Nashville and New Jersey are definitely unpopular there...

don't know what it is about the Devils' logo, but I've never been appealed to it at all. It's not even that I don't like the team. Nashville, I was kinda surprised that it got as much scrutiny as it did. I love the update, and I think it's definitely NHL caliber.

Anaheim's standalone "webbed D" isn't that bad at all, but the full wordmark is (but still not as bad as Carolina's logo).

1 Chicago

2 Toronto

3 Minnesota

28 Philadelphia

29 Edmonton

30 Carolina

While hockey uniforms are my favorite, the NHL probably has the weakest logos out of the Big 4 sports.

My opinion on the Top/Bottom 3.

Top 3: Montreal, Detroit, Chicago/Boston (tie)

The Original Six franchises all have classic logos that have withstood the test of time. I like them all really, minus the NY Rangers shield logo. IMO their wordmark logo looks more attractive.

Bottom 3: Anaheim, Tampa Bay, Minnesota

29. Anaheim (the wordmark logo)

The problem with that is the wordmark logo isn't the primary logo anymore. The webbed D is used in pretty much every official team publication, and it's even on the ice now. While the wordmark is still on the jerseys, that doesn't mean it's the primary logo (i.e. New York Rangers).

The Original Six franchises all have classic logos that have withstood the test of time. I like them all really, minus the NY Rangers shield logo. IMO their wordmark logo looks more attractive.

To be honest, while I may like some of the O6 logos, the only real reason they're so beloved is because they were around for a lot of great history. If the Bruins were an early 2000's expansion team, and they came out with that logo, they would be bombarded with hate.

The problem with that is the wordmark logo isn't the primary logo anymore. The webbed D is used in pretty much every official team thing, and it's even on the ice now. While the wordmark is still on the jerseys, that doesn't mean it's the primary logo (i.e. New York Rangers).

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/1/National_Hockey_League/NHL/logos/

The problem with that is the wordmark logo isn't the primary logo anymore. The webbed D is used in pretty much every official team thing, and it's even on the ice now. While the wordmark is still on the jerseys, that doesn't mean it's the primary logo (i.e. New York Rangers).

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/1/National_Hockey_League/NHL/logos/

While this may be seen as a sacrilegous thing to say, the mothership isn't always right.

The problem with that is the wordmark logo isn't the primary logo anymore. The webbed D is used in pretty much every official team publication, and it's even on the ice now. While the wordmark is still on the jerseys, that doesn't mean it's the primary logo (i.e. New York Rangers).

I suppose that's true. With that, I've bumped the Isles down to 29th and the Sens to 28th.

Also, I'm surprised with all the hate the Canes logo is getting. I always liked it, guess that's an unpopular opinion.

While this may be seen as a sacrilegous thing to say, the motherboard isn't always right.

The home jersey uses the wordmark.

Anywho:

1. Detroit

2. Pittsburgh

3. Chicago

28. Carolina (Heitert's is much better)

29. Buffalo (Unpopular!)

30. Anaheim

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

1. Minnesota
2. Colorado

3. Nashville

28. Montreal

29. Anaheim

30. Tampa Bay

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

1. Ottawa

2. Winnipeg

3. Columbus

Bottom

28. Florida - as boring as they come.

29. Dallas - new one is terrible.

30. Minnesota... horrific.Worst name and logo for any major sports team.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Archived