NHL top 3 / bottom 3 logos

Bayne

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29. Anaheim (the wordmark logo)

The problem with that is the wordmark logo isn't the primary logo anymore. The webbed D is used in pretty much every official team thing, and it's even on the ice now. While the wordmark is still on the jerseys, that doesn't mean it's the primary logo (i.e. New York Rangers).

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/1/National_Hockey_League/NHL/logos/
While this may be seen as a sacrilegous thing to say, the motherboard isn't always right.

The home jersey uses the wordmark.

That's not the point.

1- Toronto

2- Montreal

3- Detroit

28- Vancouver

29- Washington

30- Anaheim

A bit different from some lists. I like Nashville's updated logo and I've kind of warmed up to Tampa's logo.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Top 3:

1. Montreal
  2. Detroit
  3. Philly

Bottom 3.

28. Nashville - I liked you better when you were a cyborg fossil, thanks. The re-brand is dreadful.

29. Anaheim - This script is awful.

30. LA - Nasty font, weird spacing, teen, tiny, crown.

Man, there is a lot to of crap here to choose between. Tampa, Ottawa, and Carolina are also wretched.

To be honest, while I may like some of the O6 logos, the only real reason they're so beloved is because they were around for a lot of great history. If the Bruins were an early 2000's expansion team, and they came out with that logo, they would be bombarded with hate.

I completely agree. The Original 6 logos have precedent, they have history, they're associated with legacy and greatness. Take that away, and for the most part they're pretty crappy-looking logos that would never work if introduced in the 21st century.

OttawaSenators.png

And the point is what? Yes, if the Boston Bruins were an early 2000s expansion team they wouldn't go with the logo they have now. They aren't, however, an early 2000s expansion team. So at the end of the day their logo works because of the history behind it. It doesn't fail because of the lack of history behind it in some hypothetical scenario.

And the point is what? Yes, if the Boston Bruins were an early 2000s expansion team they wouldn't go with the logo they have now. They aren't, however, an early 2000s expansion team. So at the end of the day their logo works because of the history behind it. It doesn't fail because of the lack of history behind it in some hypothetical scenario.

It just goes to show just how subjective these types of threads are. There's really no point in a thread like this if discussion isn't allowed. No one really cares what people's other favorite logos are unless they share the same opinion or have a completely different one.

OttawaSenators.png

I agree with all of that. I just don't get the "if they were an early 2000s expansion team" argument, because they weren't. The logo as we know it has history behind it. Hypothetical questions aside, you won't change that. So the logo needs to be judged with that history intact. Not without it.

I agree with all of that. I just don't get the "if they were an early 2000s expansion team" argument, because they weren't. The logo as we know it has history behind it. Hypothetical questions aside, you won't change that. So the logo needs to be judged with that history intact. Not without it.

Depends on the way you judge logos; from a purely asthetic perspective, or one that attributes all the history that goes along with it. Minny's logo (in my eyes) is a better logo than, say, Detroit's, despite Minnesota's lack of success in pretty much the entirety of their existence in the league, and Detroit's continuous dominance since the 90's and beyond. To many, the history of a logo puts it above the rest, I don't share that view and probably never will.

OttawaSenators.png

Archived