2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They forgot that defensemen better than Lubomir Vishnovsky are important.

Man, that Carcillo trade is gonna put the Ragners over the top. Just keep loading up the East with more idiots!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They forgot that defensemen better than Lubomir Vishnovsky are important.

Man, that Carcillo trade is gonna put the Ragners over the top. Just keep loading up the East with more idiots!

They should've added Dustin Brown with Carcillo then.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

OITGDNHL just tweeted a picture of Kyle Okposo from March 29, 2008 talking about his current 2013-2014 point streak.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Dustin Brown scored a goal tonight, moving a point ahead of Ben Smith in the 2014 scoring race. Sleep with one eye open, Derek Morris; The Captain's coming.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Considering Edmonton's record of fail over the past several seasons would it be fair to make the comparison between them and the Islanders vis a vie the way they are run? Seems from what I have been reading that both franchises are operating in a similar fashion especially considering the histories of both (particularly the 80's.). Makes me wonder which team will be return to respectability faster.

It's always a fair comparison between the Oilers and Islanders because, aside from the fact that one's a Western Canadian team and the other is an Eastern U.S. team, they are the exact same franchise.

spacer.png

Considering Edmonton's record of fail over the past several seasons would it be fair to make the comparison between them and the Islanders vis a vie the way they are run? Seems from what I have been reading that both franchises are operating in a similar fashion especially considering the histories of both (particularly the 80's.). Makes me wonder which team will be return to respectability faster.

It's always a fair comparison between the Oilers and Islanders because, aside from the fact that one's a Western Canadian team and the other is an Eastern U.S. team, they are the exact same franchise.

Same decade/era of dominating, same jersey trend (minus the Fishsticks), bad arena situation, incompentent management etc, etc.

IbjBaeE.png

I'd ask how Burke keeps getting jobs, but AJ Smith and Billy King have had multiple front-office jobs in their respective leagues too. Not even OITGDNHL!

Burke had a pretty good run in Vancouver, to be fair, but it wasn't until Gillis took over that they really started putting it together.

Well, Gillis took over from Nonis actually. The Canucks were "good" under Burke but never got to that elite level because among his other faults, Burke is terrible at getting good goaltending for his teams.

Same colors pretty much too. At least the Oilers reached the final recently in 2006, while I don't think the Isles have even come since they won their cups.

Last time they reached the finals was 1984 (yikes!) Last time they came close to the finals was 1993 (lost in the Wales Conference Finals to Montreal 4 games to 1.)

Same colors pretty much too. At least the Oilers reached the final recently in 2006, while I don't think the Isles have even come since they won their cups.

Last time they reached the finals was 1984 (yikes!) Last time they came close to the finals was 1993 (lost in the Wales Conference Finals to Montreal 4 games to 1.)

Never mind coming close, that was the last time the Islanders won a playoff round!

/goes back to corner in fetal position

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Didn't know the Sharks were on national TV tonight. First time in a long time Doc gets to do a Shark game.

And Pierre McGuire LOVES the name Eriah Hayes.

It's not considered a "national" broadcast if DirecTV bundles the channel to its 2nd-to-most-expensive tier. At least games can still be bootlegged...

I don't care how good the Sharks-Hawks game was, the Ducks-Canucks game was :censored:ING AWESOME. Ducks absolutely sucked in the first, but they went on to DOMINATE the 2nd and 3rd periods possession wise, but Lack was great and the Ducks couldn't grab the lead. They even outshot the Canucks like 40-7 or something after the first period. The Ducks were down by 1 with a minute left, and they tied it, and they won it with .6 seconds in overtime!

:censored: yeah!

I don't care how good the Sharks-Hawks game was, the Ducks-Canucks game was :censored:ING AWESOME. Ducks absolutely sucked in the first, but they went on to DOMINATE the 2nd and 3rd periods possession wise, but Lack was great and the Ducks couldn't grab the lead. They even outshot the Canucks like 40-7 or something after the first period. The Ducks were down by 1 with a minute left, and they tied it, and they won it with .6 seconds in overtime!

:censored: yeah!

Nice to see Beleskey scoring. Good comeback win tonight.

IbjBaeE.png

Gutty effort by the Sharks tonight, they played every bit as good as the Hawks, and earned that win. Bay Area teams are 2-0 in frigid locales. :)

Yeah, and again Sharks, 49ers & Warriors all win on same day...again. How many is that now? Bay Area sports doing pretty good right now.

Archived