2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Nathan Horton will make his Columbus Blue Jackets debut tonight. Hooray!

You won't like him until the playoffs.

I would like anyone if we're playing in the playoffs.

Bobrovsky and Dalton Prout are also back from the IR tonight so that's three huge injuries back for the new year. I think I'm gonna like 2014.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING that looks fun about this Maple Leafs Red Wings game. Everyone in that building looks downright miserable. As fun as it is to watch on TV, I couldn't imagine actually attending a game like this.

I was there, and I absolutely loved it. Hands-down the best sporting event I've ever attended. Yeah, it might've been cold, but that's part of the novelty - the picture-perfect image of playing hockey outdoors in the winter with snow (lightly) falling throughout the game.

I'm being texted from friends (Wing fans) at Michigan Stadium that its looking like a Leafs home game and most RBK jerseys of both teams look like fakes.

The vast majority of the jerseys I saw were authentic (replicas)...I was actually surprised.

CBC is reporting that the Leafs and 'Canes are finalizing a deal that would send Tim Gleason to Toronto for J-M Liles and prospect Dennis Robertson.

Just two years ago, he was a solid top-four guy who loved it here and was one of the leaders on the team. What a shame to see him go downhill so fast because of a concussion + Carlyle, being demoted to the AHL and often being a healthy scratch. Best of luck in Carolina.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I want to be angry about that outcome, but I like the Islanders, I like Okposo, and Team USA should have picked him except that Brian Burke ate too much chili and the voice of Johnny Cash told him not to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's going to be awesome when Dustin Brown can't crack 40 points on the year but THE AMERICAN HEART OF AN AMERICAN CHAMPION WITH AMERICAN KNEE SHOTS

Oh, and Game 7 of the 2011 ECF. I'll see myself out.

Ah. Memories. Might be the best hockey game I've ever watched. Was absolutely stellar.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING that looks fun about this Maple Leafs Red Wings game. Everyone in that building looks downright miserable. As fun as it is to watch on TV, I couldn't imagine actually attending a game like this.

I was there, and I absolutely loved it. Hands-down the best sporting event I've ever attended. Yeah, it might've been cold, but that's part of the novelty - the picture-perfect image of playing hockey outdoors in the winter with snow (lightly) falling throughout the game.

I'm being texted from friends (Wing fans) at Michigan Stadium that its looking like a Leafs home game and most RBK jerseys of both teams look like fakes.

The vast majority of the jerseys I saw were authentic (replicas)...I was actually surprised.

I was there too and I agree with Bubba on both of these things.

I had a fantastic experience and is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. The one thing that annoyed me was the snow was blowing in my face most of the game, but other than that it was amazing. And on the jersey issue, there were a good amount of fakes, but the majority were still legit Reebok replicas.

I want to be angry about that outcome, but I like the Islanders, I like Okposo, and Team USA should have picked him except that Brian Burke ate too much chili and the voice of Johnny Cash told him not to.

You'd probably appreciate Howie Rose's pregame rant.

So the Kings got an Old Hickory-style ass-spanking by the Blues, 5-0, for their 5th straight loss.

I'm starting to think the whole Jones/Scrivens experiment was all a huge fluke. Then again,

the whole "USA, USA" chant for Oshie after the 2nd goal was awesome, and added to the fuel for his continuous hot-streak.

And you KNOW Johnny Cash looked like this when he told Brian Burke to keep Kyle Okposo off the team, take Dustin Brown, and not wear pants in his office:

vlcsnap-394466.png

Despite the Sharks missing a good chunk of their forwards, they are hammering Edmonton 5-1. The Oilers are like the Cleveland Browns and Sacramento Kings of hockey, just seemingly a culture of losing has permeated the organization. They're barely better then the Sabres now, and are on pace for less then 60 points. When will it all come together for the Oil, or for them to be somewhat competent?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Damn, Howie Rose's science is too tight. Even Butch Goring got salient points in. Butch Goring! Guy doesn't even know where he is half the time! Burke and Poile are buffoons.

Nathan Horton will make his Columbus Blue Jackets debut tonight. Hooray!

You won't like him until the playoffs.

I would like anyone if we're playing in the playoffs.

Bobrovsky and Dalton Prout are also back from the IR tonight so that's three huge injuries back for the new year. I think I'm gonna like 2014.

Only four points out of the playoffs and now getting those guys back. I think the Jackets can make it back to the playoffs this year.

Dale Tallon, Stan Bowman, Paul Holmgren, Dean Lombardi, Ray Shero, Dan Bylsma and Tony Granato all had their own insight with the team as well. Burke and Poile just happened to be the most vocal. It was tough listening to Bobby Ryan's interview, no player, I don't care what level should be called out like that, one that is one of the better players in this game.

Can't wait till one of those asshats has a dream about the pylon Dustin Brown, missing a hit in the middle of the ice and giving up a goal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, they had insight, but it doesn't matter much if Bowman can make a reasoned argument for a player's inclusion only to be shot down with "DAT SHOOTOUT MOVE." Frankly, I'm surprised Poile didn't just stock the U.S. national team with Milwaukee Admirals, since the rest of his body of work indicates that they're a hockey team's most valuable possession.

Archived