2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Blues go to the Olympic break without being shut out.

Blues are shutout in a sloppy first game back. Jaroslav Halak plays very well to keep it just 1-0.

Blues trade Halak for Ryan Miller.

Blues finally outplay Anaheim from start to finish but only 18 of 83 attempted shots make it on goal. None go in. Still back up goaltender Brian Elliott plays well and keeps it just 1-0.

I don't have a point here. I'm happy the Blues got Miller. I'm not terribly worried about their goal-scoring going forward. But all of the above is just dumb. Boo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues finish the season 1-8 against the California teams. (0-6 vs Anaheim and San Jose, 1-2 against LA who have been their playoff demon)

So even if the Blues do make it to the West Finals, they're going to have a hell of a time against whoever comes out of the Pacific.

---

It really amazes me how physical and ornery Ducks/Blues games have been over the last five years. They're not division rivals, there isn't like one singular sparking incident or comment (a la, Burke/Oilers), and really until this season they haven't both been this good or been fighting against each other for anything really important. But somehow or another, these games get a little nasty. I'm not complaining, just odd.

Also, David Backes is a :censored:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Blues go to the Olympic break without being shut out.

Blues are shutout in a sloppy first game back. Jaroslav Halak plays very well to keep it just 1-0.

Blues trade Halak for Ryan Miller.

Blues finally outplay Anaheim from start to finish but only 18 of 83 attempted shots make it on goal. None go in. Still back up goaltender Brian Elliott plays well and keeps it just 1-0.

I don't have a point here. I'm happy the Blues got Miller. I'm not terribly worried about their goal-scoring going forward. But all of the above is just dumb. Boo.

A lot of people (well, just me and the beat reporter on the radio that I know of) think Miller is actually having his best season this year... you just don't notice it stuck behind this awful team. I think he'll do really well for you guys.

Literally everyone in Chicago keeps asking us specifically about Sidney Crosby and they pretty much all use the opportunity to tell me they hate him. Like I know people don't like the guy, but come on there's 19 other guys on the roster.

oBIgzrL.png

Literally everyone in Chicago keeps asking us specifically about Sidney Crosby and they pretty much all use the opportunity to tell me they hate him. Like I know people don't like the guy, but come on there's 19 other guys on the roster.

bAwmeM2.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

RE: Osgood...

It wasn't like he was traded to the Isles the day of a game, he had a lot of time to get new equipment, let alone get his helmet painted. He was claimed off of waivers on Sept. 29th and wore mostly Red Wing gear for a while.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

So apparently Lack's starting for the Heritage Classic, and since he's a backup and playing the Sens, he'll become a god and make 50 saves.

But I was surprised to see just how well he was doing this year.

Pat Lafontaine resigns as president of hockey operations for the Sabres; he will resume his previous job with the NHL. On the one hand, he helped the team through a major transition between eras. On the other hand, they definitely didn't make it sound at the beginning like he was just going to be here for four months. What the hell, Sabres?

Hope everyone's in for a long night. There's gonna be a ton of delays to counter the awesome aesthetic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just gonna plug the fact that the Winnipeg Jets keep winning and are now tied for the last playoff spot with Dallas and Vancouver, in place of our (temporarily?) fallen compatriot who would've hyped the Jets cause much sooner than this.

RIP the admiral?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Pens have reportedly offered Sutter, a 1st, a 3rd, and Despres or Demoulin for Ryan Kesler.

twitter

Archived