2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

At least they won't be in Anaheim tonight.

But St. Louis is definitely going for it. Despite how well Elliot/Halak have played in their split, Miller is a definite upgrade there, and Steve Ott is just a general pain in the ass, so he's an addition in the grit department on a team that wasn't exactly lacking it before. The Blue were pretty damn good before, and they just got a little better.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Sabres captains have been traded in the last year (roughly, depending on when the trading deadline was last year): Pominville, Vanek and Ott.

"Traded TO St. Louis" =/= "St. Louis traded"

whew.

That went through my head, too, and I'm not even a Bolts fan.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Well, now the question is who is going to be the captain of the Sabres?

John Scott? I dunno he'd be replacing Ott I guess

Please. God, please let it be Scott.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

So let's get this straight.

2010: Montreal trades Halak to St. Louis for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz

2014: St. Louis trades Halak, Stewart, Will Carrier, a 2015 1st, and a 2016 3rd for Steve Ott and Ryan Miller.

So...

(Lars Eller + Ian Schultz) + Chris Stewart + Will Carrier + 2015 1st, + 2016 3rd = Steve Ott and Ryan Miller?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sharks follow a good game with a pathetic game... why does this seem familiar? Oh right because it's happened multiple times this season. Niemi looks uncomfortable. Stalock looks a little better, but it's harder when no one plays good D. Come on guys. GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!! :angered::angered::angered::angered:

So the Blues' backup goalie tonight in Anaheim is one of the Ducks' equipment guys. That's pretty awesome.

Conflict of interest? :P

There's a former career minor league goalie who must live near Anaheim because the Ducks used him two years ago and the Canucks used him earlier this year. Must have not been enough time to get him.

IbjBaeE.png

He's extremely young, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Girgensons be captain... He's the only player that everyone agrees should be in the team's long-range plans. I'm not sure who else Ted Nolan likes. They'll probably go without a captain the rest of the season and hope they bring someone in in the off-season.

I was almost ready to call shenanigans on the Miller trade because of the time that it came down and the fact that the team would need a goalie that night (apparently the Blues did, too). From the ESPN recap of the game: "With the trade of Miller, Buffalo was forced to reach into their new hockey academy staff for a backup goaltender. HarborCenter director of technology Ryan Vinz was Buffalo's No. 2 goaltender after being a video coordinator at Clarkson University."

It's a shame we won't see any mismatched goalie pads coming out of this trade... I always enjoy that little quirk.

Or this:

107871059.jpg

(that was a 34-save, 1-0 shutout, too!)

--

This also works:

ozziefirstdayislander.jpg

I think Osgood kept wearing red breezers for the entire 2001-02 season.

I remember there was a controversy; I think he eventually switched before the end of the season. Could be wrong, though.

Archived