EA Sports - NHL 2005

Frenchie

Jinx schminx--it's just a bunch of co-incidence hunters--

I know all the "proof", but given that a large number of players in any pro league will see a decrease in stats and/or injury in any given year,(and how many of them are on the cover?), it's not surprising...

It's not a jinx--although if there's a lockout--see his stats went down...

:D

Hey that's how I see it, and while I may check back on this--that's my two cents worth, and that's all I have to say--I've had this discussion too many times before to know it just drags on and gets nowhere...

(was I on EA's grammarian game cover?)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I plan on getting this-if only to get a Kiprusoff with an appropriate rating--as it is I can't trade for him & use him as he's rated too low...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Eh, Sakic replaced Heatley on last years additions cover if I remember correctly and Sakic played amazingly good in the playoffs. So i'm not convinced of any jinx.

yeah, but heatley replaced thornton, due to his bar room brawl...

forgive some of the curse-cryers on the hockey one this year... it's never good to have a THIRD cover boy for ONE sports game.

thornton --> heatley --> sakic

with the sakic and naslund selections, i think EA decided to stop going with the "sexy pick" that might end up doing more harm than good, and decided to go with the blandest most sterile super stars in the sport :)

i think it's safe to say naslund and sakic won't get arrested... might as well throw nieuwendyk in there too... maybe put the pope on the back :)

Surely the Panthers are the home team, so would there even be a canadian flag never mind a quebec flag?

There would be Canadian flag just as sign of respect. Any American stadium with a tenant that plays in a league that has a Canadian team has a Canadian flag. Makes sense? As for the Quebec flag (which I was the "error" by the way), do I sense a referendum within the next year?

I saw, I came, I left.

What is wrong with the picture....

The US flag and the Canadian flag arenot flipped the same way

Since this looks like a US rink (Panthers home jerseys), per protocol, the US flag must appear at its own right, which would be on the viewer's left

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What is wrong with the picture....

The US flag and the Canadian flag arenot flipped the same way

Since this looks like a US rink (Panthers home jerseys), per protocol, the US flag must appear at its own right, which would be on the viewer's left

Well, I wasn't going for any THAT specific, but I'll take your word for it.

I saw, I came, I left.

Surely the Panthers are the home team, so would there even be a canadian flag never mind a quebec flag?

La Florida?

I'm willing to bet the percentage of French-Canadians among the ticket holders is probably twice as much as any other US teams...

Not a long treck from Hollywood Beach...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

naslund is an injury prone player, so he could fall victim to the jinx

also I really want the create a team mode to let you choose more logos that can actually recolor like in madden, and let you recolor some uniform templates like in ncaa football and madden.

signature.gif

So, what wrong with this picture?

3.jpg

Also, if anyone's been paying attention to the NHL game over the past couple pf years, you'd have noticed that the amount of hip checks thrown by defensemen is waaaayyyy down from the late 90s. Big screwup on the flags though...oh well. I might buy this one.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I think they should work the dynasty mode similar to MVP Baseball. Add the minor leagues. If a player isn't performing well, or on your active roster that much, send him down to the AHL to get some playing time and boost his ratings a little. I know the AHL players are in a different union than the NHL players, which is why the AHL will play this fall regardless of what the NHL does. I don't know if they could all be put under contract for a videogame unless they have NHL experience.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived