2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was mostly on board with the adidas home kits save for the Mexico superhero costume. These new away kits suck. The only tolerable designs are Germany and Argentina. Mexico has to have the worst set of kits, period. That away shirt (is it orange?) with the one color trim black and Charlie Brown design is just as laughable as the home shirt, if not more. Here are three more, two of which are also terrible. Sweden is ok.

Spain+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Sweden+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Russia+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

I posted the Sweden one in the 14/15 thread yesterday since they aren't in the WC.

I was mostly on board with the adidas home kits save for the Mexico superhero costume. These new away kits suck. The only tolerable designs are Germany and Argentina. Mexico has to have the worst set of kits, period. That away shirt (is it orange?) with the one color trim black and Charlie Brown design is just as laughable as the home shirt, if not more. Here are three more, two of which are also terrible. Sweden is ok.

Spain+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Sweden+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Russia+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

I posted the Sweden one in the 14/15 thread yesterday since they aren't in the WC.
That's a good point. I'm surprised I didn't catch my own error!

I personally quite like the Argentina, Sweden and Russia always. I actually design wise quite like the Germany one, but why have Germany sidelined gold so much in this collection of kits? Seems like a colour short to me to really sing out 'Germany'

23171527.jpg

Yes indeed ...Not bad, it looks better than the previous one

Sort of a leak. I don't foresee a change In the crest for the United States this WC. Here is a Nike catalog. No breakthrough details though it does confirm the US will have a white and royal blue home kit with a red away kit. Here are the N98 jackets for the interpretation of "royal blue." I like it. For further evidence that the crest won't change, refer to the "Core Tee." Those state in the description that they are a recreation of the embroidered crest from the kit. If you look at the Dutch and French tees, they have the newly introduced retro crests while the US has the current badge. I could see a change in the crest color to reflect the royal blue though I can't tell from these photos.

http://www.eastside.info/fussballshop_neu/datenbank/downloads/_13797630211.pdf

whbreo.jpg

You know, the training jackets really haven't told us anything apart from the colour of the kits, and USA is pretty obvious, the same red white and blue they use every year.

But that being said, I like the Germany change, but it looks like it would work better for a club team, not the national team.

Spain just got a pass from me with their primary, but that went to :censored:.

I really like Sweden's entire set, shame we won't get to see them (like Ukraine :censored: )

And I don't really mind that Russia change, especially since I love their primary already. I might get one.

@TorinK92- while it's true we're still red, white and blue, this is a big shift for the Yanks. The blue has now gone from a deep navy to a bright royal. We haven't used that shade of blue since the briefly used 2007 pinstriped kit. And it now appears that the away kit is shifting to solid red rather than the traditional navy blue. True, we can't see what the kits will actually look like but we already see a significant change in the colors.

I can't wait to see the USA kits. I'm still really disappointed that we are not sticking with the red/white hoops. And even more disappointed we are using royal instead of navy. Our flag is navy and not royal. I am still giving the kits a chance until I see them though. Also, the blue looks darker on the red jacket (but that might just be an illusion), and it looks like there is a monochrome blue crest on the red jacket?

As a side note, for the 2010 World Cup, I think the navy away kits were a lot more popular with fans than the plain white home kits. I have a feeling it will be the same this time around. Especially with USA soccer trying to push RED as the color for fans to wear, I think most people (including myself) will end up buying the red away kit. Which begs the question, "if most people are buying the away kit, shouldn't that be the primary kit?"

For those who are too lazy to read the catalog, it lists the USA items like this

Home Jersey: (Football White/Game Royal) - With Collar

Home Shorts: (Football White/University Red/Game Royal)

Home Socks: (Football White/Jetstream/Game Royal)

Away Jersey: (University Red/Football White) - With Crew Neck

Away Shorts: (University Red/Football White)

Away Socks: (University Red/Football White)

I'm shocked the Greece kit has not been leaked yet.

stop talking about it, it will be released when it gets released, not everything gets leaked. for the most part they don't.

I will talk about it as much as i f*****g want to!

Jaguars

I'm shocked the Greece kit has not been leaked yet.

stop talking about it, it will be released when it gets released, not everything gets leaked. for the most part they don't.

I will talk about it as much as i f*****g want to!

we don't need to be reminded about a uniform that hasn't had anything released about it a couple times a week. just sit back and wait, they will get posted when people find stuff about them, and people will find them on here.

Archived