2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Why would they put USA and England both white and royal with red aways??

It doesn't make sense.

We have the worse jackets in the whole catalog. I'm not as excited as i once was about these :/

Anyone try scanning the codes in the catalog maybe they'd lead to a source?

Also it's interesting to see stirrups available. I know a few US players have cut their game socks and worn Nike Elites underneath so maybe that's the reasoning.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of a leak. I don't foresee a change In the crest for the United States this WC. Here is a Nike catalog. No breakthrough details though it does confirm the US will have a white and royal blue home kit with a red away kit. Here are the N98 jackets for the interpretation of "royal blue." I like it. For further evidence that the crest won't change, refer to the "Core Tee." Those state in the description that they are a recreation of the embroidered crest from the kit. If you look at the Dutch and French tees, they have the newly introduced retro crests while the US has the current badge. I could see a change in the crest color to reflect the royal blue though I can't tell from these photos.

http://www.eastside.info/fussballshop_neu/datenbank/downloads/_13797630211.pdf

whbreo.jpg

Wow those look terrible. Really disappointed and not looking forward to our new kits nearly as much as I had been before I heard about the change in blues to be used.

The red kit with a navy sash from 2011 is perhaps my favorite USA kit of all, so that gives me some hope. But going monochrome white with royal blue accents on the home cancels that out. :(

BTW, for those who are curious based on the draw, looks like USA will wear their away kit vs Ghana, and their home vs Portugal and Germany, based on the pairings. And the Germans would likely wear that hoops kit vs USA.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If any of you guys are interested in what kind of royal will be on the US WC kit, search "Game Royal" (Official Catalog Name) in Google Images. Nike products mostly come up.. not too thrilled on the shade

Nike-Lunar-Hyperdunk-2012-White-Universicould be worse

The funny thing is, if you look at the official colors of the U.S. flag the blue isn't navy. It isn't royal either. It's somewhere in between. It does go better with navy though. I compare it to the old NY Giants uniforms from back in the Phil Simms/LT era.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I don't mind the fact that the home kit is all white. I still have high hopes for it since it has a traditional collar. I think it would awesome if they did a sash again with the all white. That could look great. The thing I'm most apprehensive about is the away kit. I always enjoy our infrequent red shirts but I can't say how I feel about it matched with red shorts. The other part that bothers me is that the descriptions don't list a third color for the away kit. It's strictly red and white. I really hope we don't come out looking like Liverpool or Bayern Munich. The USA needs an equal balance of red and blue and I feel like red shirts in the past have had that balance with either blue trim or blue shorts.

If any of you guys are interested in what kind of royal will be on the US WC kit, search "Game Royal" (Official Catalog Name) in Google Images. Nike products mostly come up.. not too thrilled on the shade

Nike-Lunar-Hyperdunk-2012-White-Universicould be worse

The funny thing is, if you look at the official colors of the U.S. flag the blue isn't navy. It isn't royal either. It's somewhere in between. It does go better with navy though. I compare it to the old NY Giants uniforms from back in the Phil Simms/LT era.

Same as with NY Rangers 'heritage' versus standard jerseys. The navy on the heritage looks so much better than the standard's royal.

ADIAWMX1.jpg

ADIAWAR1.jpg

ADIAWGE1.jpg

ADIAWJA1.jpg

I was mostly on board with the adidas home kits save for the Mexico superhero costume. These new away kits suck. The only tolerable designs are Germany and Argentina. Mexico has to have the worst set of kits, period. That away shirt (is it orange?) with the one color trim black and Charlie Brown design is just as laughable as the home shirt, if not more. Here are three more, two of which are also terrible. Sweden is ok.

Spain+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Sweden+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Russia+2014+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

So my take on the away kits:

Mexico = Awful just like their home one.

Argentina is unique and creative but not sure how that will look with the full kit on the pitch. It may make for some weird contrasts with the royal and navy blue.

Germany: All this talk about it not looking like Germany and such. Well Germany has had both black and red away kits in the past. As a slight shout out to Flamengo it is kind of cool. I think it is aesthetically pleasing.

Japan: What is with the Japan kits this year. Horrible excuse to give a team a neon kit. If they would have traded out the fluoro peach color for red on the home and away it would have maybe looked better.

Spain: Yet another excuse for neon.

Russia: Brilliant! I love it. The contrasting blue shoulders with white kit and the view from space of Earth is just simply genius.

Overall it seems like Adidas have opted to go with the nasty fashion trend of early 90's design and color. Makes for hideous looking kits in general.

I'm a bit baffled as to why pinstriped kits like the Nigerian one often have plain backs - it's not as if the pinstripes cause problems reading the numbers like regular stripes do, particularly when the pinstripes are so close tonally to the main shirt colour.

I'm a bit baffled as to why pinstriped kits like the Nigerian one often have plain backs - it's not as if the pinstripes cause problems reading the numbers like regular stripes do, particularly when the pinstripes are so close tonally to the main shirt colour.

Probably a FIFA regulation that it be a solid background.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Looking back through the recent pages that's the first mention of Nigeria I can find. Are they the only team to leak the away before the home?

Also are they the only non-Puma African country?

Those are not their aways. Those are their homes. Yes they are the only African World Cup qualified team to wear something other than Puma. Personally I think they are ugly. Could have done without the side paneling and sleeves of the darker green.

Not saying this is real (there are some suspect aspects to it...Flywire, collar shield) but this looks money. I really like the texture and the use of colors. Would love the throwback crest going forward. I know Gulati said a crest change was on the table.

esp69w.jpg

Edit-Just thought I'd add that this leak is not far off at all from the original "leak" (if you can call it that). Perhaps the original leak was a mockup from a guy who had seen or heard what they look like. Th only real differences are the shape of the collars and the red stripe on the chest. I know we've heard rumors of an all red away kit, but I am taking that with a grain of salt considering that is a very atypical look for the US, let alone to use red as the primary away.

Pretty good faux denim look

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived