2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

The U.S will be getting an overhaul after this worldcup, and I think that is the best/most fair thing to do. Let the logo end on a good note, instead of ending on a note in which they were canned out for a year anyway to be replaced with the Centennial logo. I liked the Centennial logo, but there's much better options available. I can't imagine this next logo the US unveil won't be anything but spectacular. I hope.

According to whom?

Remember reading (on this forum) about changes coming after the worldcup. Can't seem to remember what thread/where it was.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loblYFzN.png

USWNT Twitter now also sporting royal blue. Interesting to note the grey background in both cases; I wonder if thats just in line with the past few years' grey numbers, or if grey will be a more prominent feature.

We haven had grey numbers, just patterned white and navy numbers that appear grey or silver.

This could be a keeper shirt or just a placeholder, wouldn't be opposed to a grey jersey.

loblYFzN.png

USWNT Twitter now also sporting royal blue. Interesting to note the grey background in both cases; I wonder if thats just in line with the past few years' grey numbers, or if grey will be a more prominent feature.

We haven had grey numbers, just patterned white and navy numbers that appear grey or silver.

This could be a keeper shirt or just a placeholder, wouldn't be opposed to a grey jersey.

Su12_USA_Home_Chest_original.jpg?1334368

I never looked this closely before, and I've always bought blank replicas. You're absolutely right. Oops.

Haha it's all good man it goes appear grey.

The header(?) picture in the US twitter account has a thick blue stripe going horizontally followed by a shots gap and a slighter thinner red stripe. Perhaps a a chest stripe or sleeve trim to expect?

Royal blue might not be absolutely horrible. There was a royal blue third a few years ago. I have a picture saved, but I'm assuming since it's my first post the site won't allow me to post it.

It was their 2007Copa America kit:

messi.jpg

EDIT: First image link didn't work.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Australia+2014+Home+Kit.jpg

Australia+2014+Away+Kit.jpg

I keep trying to put my money into the screen but I just keep hitting my hand on the screen. I want one so bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Royal blue might not be absolutely horrible. There was a royal blue third a few years ago. I have a picture saved, but I'm assuming since it's my first post the site won't allow me to post it.

It was their 2007Copa America kit:

messi.jpg

EDIT: First image link didn't work.

They looked as good as Messi with long hair.

Poland+2014+Away+Kit.JPG

Poland

I know it's OT, but I love this.

Nike has done well with Poland.

I own a 2010 away shirt that was so sweet.

nike.jpg

Considering that there's 0 blue in Poland's flag, that jersey seems way too fitting for USA. Could've finally been a nice stalwart design base for us actually.

I didn't mind it since white shirt red shorts at home and all red for a clash doesn't lend itself to the most distinct matchups if the opposing team is also red and/or white. The new shirt looks pretty nice (and I'm assuming the home will just be a reverse of it) but I think it's the worst out of the Nike shirts so far. They've done a real good job with Poland overall, loved that first set and have a home shirt of the most recent set.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Possible USA kit clue!!! Horizontal pinstripes! Here are some shin guards. If you look at Brazil and France, both take design cues from the kit. Brazil has some pattern that looks similar to the bird design in the neck and France has a denim finish in the swoosh. Wish the pinstripes were full on red, though...they look like a gray color.

sp0287_164_nike_guards_usa_03_zp.jpg

72863.jpg

sp0277_773_nike_guards_brazil_03_zp.jpg

My guess is subtle horizontal pinstripes with the blue and red stripe pattern on the collar and cuffs. White shorts with that same pattern down the sides and likely repeated on the turnover of the sock. Possibly pinstripes on the socks as well. I think that would be super classy. Royal blue numbers.

That stripe for the USA wouldn't necessarily be my first choice but I would embrace it if true. I could see that as the trim on the collar and cuffs.

GOOD FIND!

I could see them heavily influenced by these 90's sets

c4113d2490caf026aca7763f42a9917e_m.jpg

The light blue outline is also very interesting.

Archived