2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Here's my take. If it's an Adidas decision, as seems likely, monochrome is more than likely part of the #allin marketing bit. If it's FIFA putting pressure on federations, it's probably more to do with FIFA wanting teams to wear the same kit more often than not and not playing 6 games in 4 or 5 combinations of kits. Nike in General seem to be avoiding non traditional monochrome combinations so far though.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about Adidas and the monochrome efforts that they are putting forth. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the facts that Germany's away kit will have black shorts, Colombia's away kit has navy shorts and red socks, Argentina has alternate black shorts and socks for their home kit. Spain's away kit is supposed to be black so maybe they won't wear any blue shorts, but that is at least three of the teams that everyone is up in arms over that will have the option of wearing more traditional kits. The reality is that the way the FIFA rules have played out as of late is that the opposing team's individual clothing items must not clash with each other. So if say France is listed as the home squad and Germany the away and France goes Blue shirt, white shorts, red socks then Germany would be forced to wear black shorts because their white ones would clash with France's. Pretty simple if you ask me.

i think you mean match not clash

Actually no I meant clash. I know it sounds funny but matching is clashing in this sense. Matching would be clashing with the rules. Regardless of the semantics the truth remains that these are all options for these teams and I would not be shocked to see them used more often than the non traditional looks at the World Cup

Adidas+Brazuca+1+1.JPG

From left: Match Ball (Colors like from WC 2010), Final Ball, Winter Ball.

I'm not quite sure why a winter version is needed for tournament that's being held in Brazil during the summer, but who am I to question Adidas' wisdom?

Adidas+Brazuca+1+1.JPG

I'm not quite sure why a winter version is needed for tournament that's being held in Brazil during the summer, but who am I to question Adidas' wisdom?

I don't know the weather habits of a Brazilian winter but since they are south of the equator it will be winter for them, correct?

Adidas+Brazuca+1+1.JPG

I don't know the weather habits of a Brazilian winter but since they are south of the equator it will be winter for them, correct?

I'm doubtful they'll be needing a hi-vis version of the ball to be used in the event of snowy weather.

Adidas+Brazuca+1+1.JPG

I'm doubtful they'll be needing a hi-vis version of the ball to be used in the event of snowy weather.

I certainly agree with you on that! Also since Nike has now released two of the new home kits, I wonder if we're looking at a shifted release schedule compared to the last few cycles? Unless Nike was trying to capitalize on the French success after qualification?

Honestly, if the US kits are even half as good as the France and Brazil kits, I'll be happy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It rarely snows in Brazil, but it's southern cities can be fairly cold during winter. They may whip out the winter ball on a gray, rainy day.

And remember that the World Cup will be held in the Brazilian winter. It shouldn't be that cold, but it gives an option of the weather turns bad somewhere.

Those Brazil kits are great. Not seen a really bad kit for the World Cup yet. But those Brazilian kits might be might favourites so far.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived