2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Damn France looks good!! I want to wear that whole kit around the town.

I don't blame you man, they look amazing.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I've loved every single France kit Nike has put out.

They look so so classy. I have high hopes for the US now, I really hope we went with the centennial crest.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I've loved every single France kit Nike has put out.

They look so so classy. I have high hopes for the US now, I really hope we went with the centennial crest.

I had really high hopes until I heard about the royal blue. Going to be pretty hard to make that look good for the US, IMO.

I had really high hopes until I heard about the royal blue. Going to be pretty hard to make that look good for the US, IMO.

Yeah me too, but I think I'm imagining like super super bright blue. Maybe it's darker than royal but lighter than navy?

The kit manage said yet were awesome and seemed really excited as opposed to like a "yeah they're pretty cool" positive but meh post.

I just really hope we don't use the current crest.

johan.jpg

Holland2014-2.jpg

Nike Soccer officially posted the new France kits on their Facebook page, so it's possible the floodgates will open. Unless they just did that to cover up the leak.

Eh, if they were just doing it to cover the leak, I think they would have done a couple other teams by now (Holland, Portugal).

I think they may be trying to capitalize on the best support for the French national team in at least 4 years.

I think they may be trying to capitalize on the best support for the French national team in at least 4 years.

That would be my guess, too - Nike would have all the publicity materials sorted, makes sense for them to unveil the shirt for pre-order whilst there's a wave of positivity about the team.

"It isn’t known if Puma and Nike will opt for monochrome kits. Hosts Brazil wear the latter, and it’s predicted the American label will soften their blue shorts so the strip slots into the ‘light’ category."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-new-world-cup-kits-2816201?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"It isn’t known if Puma and Nike will opt for monochrome kits. Hosts Brazil wear the latter, and it’s predicted the American label will soften their blue shorts so the strip slots into the ‘light’ category."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-new-world-cup-kits-2816201?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So THATS why USA is switching to royal blue? Because royal blue qualifies as a "light" color, so they can wear it with their white jerseys. I guess they wouldn't be allowed to wear white jerseys with navy shorts. At least thats what it seems like

Not a great standard of journalism there. As we've already debunked it's not a new regulation. Also as we've seen France are not in monochrome. And not every adidas country is in monochrome (thanks Mexico).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So THATS why USA is switching to royal blue? Because royal blue qualifies as a "light" color, so they can wear it with their white jerseys. I guess they wouldn't be allowed to wear white jerseys with navy shorts. At least thats what it seems like
They would be. My guess is that USSF feel royal blue would be more individual and stand out more from England, especially, but Germany as well. (Navy and black often appear similar on TV).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

johan.jpg

Holland2014-2.jpg

Nike Soccer officially posted the new France kits on their Facebook page, so it's possible the floodgates will open. Unless they just did that to cover up the leak.

Eh, if they were just doing it to cover the leak, I think they would have done a couple other teams by now (Holland, Portugal).

From that photo the subliminated pattern looks similar to the pattern of the 1988 European championship winning shirt.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think that's it unless they were going to be wearing royal blue shorts, but it sounds like they will be in white shorts.

They would be. My guess is that USSF feel royal blue would be more individual and stand out more from England, especially, but Germany as well. (Navy and black often appear similar on TV).

My guess is that nike's designers mistakenly swapped the shades of blue with France and the US.

As far as the debate regarding the monochrome kits and the few kits with the traditional shorts (France, Mexico, etc), my take is that these squads are introducing them with the contrasting shorts and that will be their preferred kit combo. However, when used in strict FIFA tournaments, I bet they will use an alternate pair of shorts. Compared to Germany and Spain, those kits were introduced as monochrome. For that reason, I am not expecting those teams to release their more traditional contrasting shorts.

I am just really excited for the United States kits to come out. I have very high expectations for all 3 kits we should be seeing. The move to Royal Blue is fine with me (if not, preferred). I am just praying that we see something anywhere near as great as the "Wheres Waldo Red Hoops" kits that we saw recently. With this being the last World Cup with the current logo, I want it to go out with a bang.

Please, just don't be as bad as the Pageant stripe we saw last World Cup.

I am just really excited for the United States kits to come out. I have very high expectations for all 3 kits we should be seeing. The move to Royal Blue is fine with me (if not, preferred). I am just praying that we see something anywhere near as great as the "Wheres Waldo Red Hoops" kits that we saw recently. With this being the last World Cup with the current logo, I want it to go out with a bang.

Please, just don't be as bad as the Pageant stripe we saw last World Cup.

I highly doubt they will release three kits all at once. Whenever we have a third kit it seems to debut a year or so after the primary kits or is released as a one-off like the DTOM kit.

Archived