2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another big leak! This one is classy as can be. It is also the second leak from Nike using a retro crest (other being Holland). Perhaps there is hope for the US to abandon the shooting ball badge??!

Edit-I suppose it's fair to say this could go in either thread since France are on the verge of possibly not qualifying.

2nm0fm8.jpg

Clean and classic. Very nice.

Jaguars

Another big leak! This one is classy as can be. It is also the second leak from Nike using a retro crest (other being Holland). Perhaps there is hope for the US to abandon the shooting ball badge??!

Edit-I suppose it's fair to say this could go in either thread since France are on the verge of possibly not qualifying.

2nm0fm8.jpg

So if the FIFA emphasis on "primarily dark or primarily light" kits holds true then the shorts will also be navy correct? That's a shame as white shorts with this would be gorgeous.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

It's nice... but it's not France (rooster notwithstanding).

Exactly. France should be royal like they always have.

Nike did that to the French rugby team as well, putting them in all navy. Adidas promptly switched them back to royal blue when they got the contract back. Not sure why Nike want France in Navy?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nike did that to the French rugby team as well, putting them in all navy. Adidas promptly switched them back to royal blue when they got the contract back. Not sure why Nike want France in Navy?

I always assumed they did this because it separates them from mainly italy but most of the sports world too, not may countries (scotland off the top of my head) use navy as i primary so its a colour that france can really own.

I am in 100% agreement...this design which is classic and clean is best suited for the Scottish Rugby Union and not FFF.

2nm0fm8.jpg

So if the FIFA emphasis on "primarily dark or primarily light" kits holds true then the shorts will also be navy correct? That's a shame as white shorts with this would be gorgeous.

I posted up thread. The "emphasis" has existed all along, for previous World Cups. It just means there has to be a noticeable contrast. It attempts to prevent a team like Sweden from showing up at the finals with a yellow kit and a white kit.

England against Germany today at Wembley will be a great matchup! Germany will play in green maybe the last time ever.

Or until the next kit cycle. They change them all the time. Germany didn't have a green away kit from 2002-2012.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/g/germany/old-germany-football-shirts-t271.html

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

England against Germany today at Wembley will be a great matchup! Germany will play in green maybe the last time ever.

Germany's away shirt is a very handsome bit of polyester, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll wind up back in green in the not too distant future.

That'd be thanks Adidas, Puma, Nike and Adidas, respectively.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Germany's away shirt is a very handsome bit of polyester, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll wind up back in green in the not too distant future.

That's probably my favorite Adidas kit in the past few years. It's very very lovely, it's a shame it won't be used in the world cup.

Archived