2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the monochrome debate, here's the excerpt from the official World Cup Guidelines (from the top of page 44)

"Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (one predominantly dark and one predominantly light kit) for its official and reserve team kit (shirt, shorts, and socks)."

So it seems like while it doesn't necessarily demand teams wear monochrome kits, a situation like Germany's white shirt and black shorts is a no-no. Unfortunate.

Of course, Spain's red seems pretty "dark" to me, so I don't see how their alternate can be black. We'll have to wait and see I guess, on the impact on them and other teams.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/47/38/17/regulationsfwcbrazil2014_en.pdf

Going back to the monochrome debate, here's the excerpt from the official World Cup Guidelines (from the top of page 44)

"Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (one predominantly dark and one predominantly light kit) for its official and reserve team kit (shirt, shorts, and socks)."

So it seems like while it doesn't necessarily demand teams wear monochrome kits, a situation like Germany's white shirt and black shorts is a no-no. Unfortunate.

Of course, Spain's red seems pretty "dark" to me, so I don't see how their alternate can be black. We'll have to wait and see I guess, on the impact on them and other teams.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/47/38/17/regulationsfwcbrazil2014_en.pdf

But that's fairly obviously not thud case when some teams don't go monochrome. Predominantly doesn't mean only. Spain could easily pair blue shorts with red shirt. Adidas obviously have a marketing ploy around the monochrome look. But it's not anything to do with those FIFA regulations.

I don't mind the Sweden look, just why the red line? Very odd.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

But that's fairly obviously not thud case when some teams don't go monochrome. Predominantly doesn't mean only. Spain could easily pair blue shorts with red shirt. Adidas obviously have a marketing ploy around the monochrome look. But it's not anything to do with those FIFA regulations.

I don't mind the Sweden look, just why the red line? Very odd.

That wouldn't explain why the US seems to be going all white.

these are rumors, anything can happen

True, but the rumors are now paired with product IDs that confirm.
Where? Do you have links?

They were posted in this thread a page or 2 back on links to soccerpro.com products.

Anyone have any good shots of the adizero authentic jerseys? I want to pick up the new Germany top and am debating on the adizero model vs. the replica. Leaning towards adizero. I've seen all the promotional shots with the screened crest and all that. Only "real life" shot I've seen is this:

f9lbug.jpg

Archived