2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, now everything about the monochrome kits decision doesn't make sense anymore. So it has to be just an Adidas campaign forcing teams to wear monochrome kits!

That's actually good hoping for the next big tournaments.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Not beyond the realm of possibility that Nike are introducing the kits with traditional colour layouts, but there'll be alternate shorts/socks for use at the World Cup itself which end up being used more often than the traditional ones.

I suspect that's why Denmark who aren't going to Brazil don't have a monochrome kit from adidas, and why Argentina wore black shorts in their friendly. What teams wear outside the tournament isn't affected by the tournament regulations.

liverpool-1.png

In their playoff with NZ, Mexico wore their new shirt with their old red shorts. Even beyond the styles not matching, the shorts had the old font to add to the confusion. I truly hope Mexico comes up with an alternate green short for the WC. The green and red combo is atrocious.

131120025800-mexico-newzealand-single-im

England against Germany today at Wembley will be a great matchup! Germany will play in green maybe the last time ever.

Germany's away shirt is a very handsome bit of polyester, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll wind up back in green in the not too distant future.

Germany's green and white kit is rather nice looking; but it feels wrong for Germany. I won't be sad to see it go. It made Germany look like Mexico -- which sort of balanced out Mexico's black shirt that made them look like Germany.

football_shirt_33043_1_500x334x1.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

England against Germany today at Wembley will be a great matchup! Germany will play in green maybe the last time ever.

Germany's away shirt is a very handsome bit of polyester, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll wind up back in green in the not too distant future.

Germany's green and white kit is rather nice looking; but it feels wrong for Germany. I won't be sad to see it go. It made Germany look like Mexico -- which sort of balanced out Mexico's black shirt that made them look like Germany.

I could not disagree more with this post.

Germany have a rather long history of using green on their away kits, I think it's a pretty smart look for them.

Germany have a rather long history of using green on their away kits, I think it's a pretty smart look for them.

Exactly.

Archived