2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sublimated pattern is evoking the Rising Sun flag?

Kind of provocative on Adidas/Japan's part - the flag is loaded with symbolism and doesn't have a great connotation in a lot of other countries.

It's baffling from a marketing and publicity standpoint if you ask me. I'm assuming there will be protests (physical and virtual) in China and South Korea over Japan's uniforms.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Shows the shorts better

NIR4.jpg

I find this incredibly boring.

Personally I prefer plain national kits to ones with unnecessary frippery all over them. A national team kit should be respectful of the history and tradition that the jersey represents, IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Personally I prefer plain national kits to ones with unnecessary frippery all over them. A national team kit should be respectful of the history and tradition that the jersey represents, IMO.

I agree, and I'd extend that to club shirts as well. That said, as we've discussed in this instance the green isn't the greatest match to Northern Ireland's traditional hue.

Yea and why the hell would Columbia have white shorts/socks that looks horrible. It would look better with navy shorts and yellow socks. The only good thing is that now we know that monochromes are not mandatory. So hopefully USA can wear red/white stripes with navy shorts.

I kinda like the Columbia shirt too. Looks retro...but it probably would have looked better with navy shorts and red socks.....come to to think of it, definitely.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I like the Colombia shirt... but didn't they used to wear blue shorts and red socks, mimicking their flag?

That is the look I have always known them to have. It does make sense given the flag.

3395_valderrama.jpgColombia_flag.gif

Although this look is also shared by Ecuador.

EDIT: Funny how by chance I paired a random colombian footballer with a random flag off of google images and they line up almost perfectly.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived