2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Tweaks - Pirates have a new primary but not necessarily anything else.

Too bad. That alternate needs tweaking badly.

Which alternate? The alternate white that says Pirates or the alternate gray that says Pittsburgh? :shocked: If they do tweak things, hopefully it's not color/color like the new BP is rumored (or not so rumored) to look.

Touché. All I'm saying is the black jerseys need the white outlines removed, and the pointless alternate cap needs to disappear. Heck, if they decided to throw in a shift from the "P" chest logo to the regular "Pirates" script I'd be happy.

I too am a big opponent of many of the new BP unis. Who in their right mind thought that front/back color swap was a good idea. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have the side panels than that.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the mlb.com shop it looks like its an inner shell and outer shell so it can be one heavier jacket together or a lighter jacket apart. The single bird one is the inner shell. Wonder if this is gonna replace having the lighter pullover and the heavier dugout jacket.

I bet you're right.

I think I got "reversible" from the Brewers one, but I bet that it's actually a zip-out lining.

pMLB2-16108276dt.jpg

Not gonna lie, that gold Brewers one is ugly as hell. Looks even worse in person.

I don't doubt it. I don't like the gold jerseys, either.

I appreciate them wanting to step out of the endless parade of navy, but they really need to go back to athletic gold.

Yup...the royal and varsity gold needs to return full time ASAP. I even think the current "M" logo and wordmark would look better in the old colors.

I happened to see the new jackets at DSG and it just looks awful, IMO.

Twins need to make the "M" cap the home cap.

No more M.

Woo!

The M has too much of a decidedly Metrodome-y look to it. The whole standard white home set does. If I had my way, I would make the cream alts the standard home unis (add NOBs if you must), get rid of that stupid red-billed road cap and forget about having any sort of home alternate uni.

The twins half assed redesign did nothing to separate them from the metronome era. They need a more organic script at home, similar to the alts. Then a plain block MINNESTOA or a script like now but again more organic. They may also be a team that could benefit from losing white outlines on the road.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The twins half assed redesign did nothing to separate them from the metronome era. They need a more organic script at home, similar to the alts. Then a plain block MINNESTOA or a script like now but again more organic. They may also be a team that could benefit from losing white outlines on the road.

If I'm not mistaken, they don't currently have white outlines on their road set, except on the alt.

When I play road games with Twins on MLB The Show I put them in their 70's to 1986 Carolina Blue Road set and match it with the Red Bill "TC" Cap. It looks real good in HD. The Twins road set should look like that and if I had my way the "M" cap would be the permanent home cap and The Marlboro Man would be on the scoreboard ala Municpupal Stadium!

Archived