2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brewers wearing retros for third straight game

Just wear it for the entire season.

Please.

This. I would even be happy with them wearing the retros every friday like they did prior to 2009.

They did it last season, but I'm not sure what's going on this season, either way I like it.

bSLCtu2.png

White Sox are wearing the 83 throwbacks again today, and with the 83 hats.

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG
That picture was from 2013. When the "1983" throwback uniforms were named as an official alternate this season, as opposed to just Sunday home games, a new cap with a navy front panel was introduced too.

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

Hats and helmets are not the same thing.

From today

IstObZE.jpg

Thank you for including an image from the game Sunday.

And there was no navy cap introduced. It was a BP cap like the one pictured above with the batterman in place of the Sox wordmark and was supposedly going to be worn with these throwbacks. See dirwulf's picture a page back in this thread.

Yes, this is the hat that they said was going to be worn with the alts, for some reason that plan changed and they've only worn them during BP...

BhbEsu1CYAEkpGY.jpg

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG
That picture was from 2013. When the "1983" throwback uniforms were named as an official alternate this season, as opposed to just Sunday home games, a new cap with a navy front panel was introduced too.

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

From today

IstObZE.jpg

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

From today

IstObZE.jpg

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

From today

IstObZE.jpg

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

From today

IstObZE.jpg

83 hats?

Reed.Baines.83.JPG

From yesterday.

BlDiDuNCcAAem8N.jpg

From today

IstObZE.jpg

And there was no navy cap introduced. It was a BP cap like the one pictured above with the batterman in place of the Sox wordmark and was supposedly going to be worn with these throwbacks. See dirwulf's picture a page back in this thread.

Yes, this is the hat that they said was going to be worn with the alts, for some reason that plan changed and they've only worn them during BP...

Someone on Uni-watch had an interesting theory that since the unis aren't the official team colors, they must use "throwback" elements and can't do any redesigns...

BhbEsu1CYAEkpGY.jpg

Someone on Uni-watch had an interesting theory that since the unis aren't the official team colors, they must use "throwback" elements and can't do any redesigns...

Brewers did this last year, so the White Sox just don't want to wear the other hat right now.

i9YXIXK.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Brewers did this last year, so the White Sox just don't want to wear the other hat right now.

i9YXIXK.jpg

Wouldn't that also be "throwback elements?"

brewers wearing retros for third straight game

Just wear it for the entire season.

Please.

This. I would even be happy with them wearing the retros every friday like they did prior to 2009.

They did it last season, but I'm not sure what's going on this season, either way I like it.

The Brewers are on a crazy hot streak right now, winning 9 in a row. Baseball players tend to be superstitious, no wonder they're sticking with those. Ah, if only they had a retro-themed road jersey we'd be set.

We can only hope that they manage to make the playoffs on a similar streak and wear their best color scheme all the way. :)

Love that Milwaukee is wearing the throwback uniforms more regularly, but I still wish they'd darken the blue just a bit. Seems like the '82 uniforms that they were modeled after were indeed a little darker.

YountSegura_zps06c81a81.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Jeff Francoeur's new minor league teammates play a prank on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llUpTmIkdc#t=71

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I personally don't like the BiG logo as much as the current set. It just doesn't say "Brewers" to me, heck it doesn't even say "Milwaukee" to me. It's just an M and a B made to look like a glove. It's like Milton Bradley made a baseball board game.

Does every team in every city have to encapsulate the nickname and location within a logo? It's fun when they do, but it's hardly a rule. Why can't they just be a sports team?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Love that Milwaukee is wearing the throwback uniforms more regularly, but I still wish they'd darken the blue just a bit. Seems like the '82 uniforms that they were modeled after were indeed a little darker.

YountSegura_zps06c81a81.png

You can't trust those photos as any real indicator. I have several game-used caps from that era, and the current royal blue is a fair approximation. They certainly weren't as dark as that SI cover.

The Brewers started off using New Era's other royal blue (think Dodgers) but switched to the slightly lighter version by the late 1970s. As much as I'd like them to use the stock Dodger blue (especially now that the Cubs have switched from the Dodger shade to the Brewers shade), what they're using now fits in with the history.

I personally don't like the BiG logo as much as the current set. It just doesn't say "Brewers" to me, heck it doesn't even say "Milwaukee" to me. It's just an M and a B made to look like a glove. It's like Milton Bradley made a baseball board game.

Does every team in every city have to encapsulate the nickname and location within a logo? It's fun when they do, but it's hardly a rule. Why can't they just be a sports team?

I've never been a huge fan of the BiG, but I have to say that it fits the city. Milwaukee's never been a city that took itself terribly seriously (insert your own joke here), so a certain amount of whimsy in the logo seems to work fine with me.

Archived