2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

No rumor to report, this is only a fashion cap, but with the Wahoo controversy coming front and center I think the return on the script I would make a decent home cap.

img_9999_180_6.jpg

I've never cared for the script I hat. In isolation from the rest of the Indians wordmark, I always read that character as a cursive 'J'. Anything is better than Chief Wahoo, though.

Personally, I like the Chief Wahoo logo. I am so sick of all this political correctness!! It's a bunch of BS!!!

I agree. Let's offend everyone and not take their sensibilities into account. The kicker? Let's get mad if someone offends us with racial, or ethnic stereotypes and caricatures! YEAH! That'll teach 'em.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1960s vs. 2014

BaltimoreOrioles1970.jpgpMLB2-17498215dt.jpg

I know it's very clumsy and doesn't go well with the current home wordmark, but the old Baltimore script is worlds better. There are so many little things wrong with the current script that make it suck.

The problem is that they changed it a couple years ago so it no longer exactly matches the angle of the home script.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No rumor to report, this is only a fashion cap, but with the Wahoo controversy coming front and center I think the return on the script I would make a decent home cap.

img_9999_180_6.jpg

I've never cared for the script I hat. In isolation from the rest of the Indians wordmark, I always read that character as a cursive 'J'. Anything is better than Chief Wahoo, though.

Personally, I like the Chief Wahoo logo. I am so sick of all this political correctness!! It's a bunch of BS!!!
I agree. Let's offend everyone and not take their sensibilities into account. The kicker? Let's get mad if someone offends us with racial, or ethnic stereotypes and caricatures! YEAH! That'll teach 'em.

Exactly. Why did we have to get away from these great American products, anyway?

niggerhair-tin.jpg

ccimenu.gif

img_9999_180_6.jpg

The Indians had Chief Wahoo for years and within the last few years people are making a stink about it. Whatever.

img_9999_180_6.jpg

The Indians had Chief Wahoo for years and within the last few years people are making a stink about it. Whatever.
You guys are kind of new here, huh?

img_9999_180_6.jpg

You guys are kind of new here, huh?

Nah, I've been lurking on CCSLN since at least 2007. I just got around to making an account. :D Sometimes though, I like to feed the "trolls". If people can't or choose not to understand why a racial caricature is offensive. It offends me! LOL

I wasn't really directing it towards you because the general consensus around here is that it's better to treat everyone with respect. I was asking the other two because if they weren't new, they'd know the firestorm they're starting.

Am I the only one who loves the current Baltimore script? I don't feel every cursive needs to be flawed and hand drawn, this one looks nice and classy.

I'm a Nationals fan, which means I'm inclined to have a certain distain for the Orioles, but I think besides Pittsburgh and maybe Toronto they have the best roads in the league.

I agree. Baltimore has the best unis in the AL (Could work on the black alt though)

The black alt is perfect when you picture an actual Oriole bird. White trim around the letters would ruin the look.

TX_BaltimoreOriole10.jpg

Orioles.jpg

To each their own. It feels empty to me compared to their other uniforms with outlines

1960s vs. 2014

I know it's very clumsy and doesn't go well with the current home wordmark, but the old Baltimore script is worlds better. There are so many little things wrong with the current script that make it suck.

The problem is that they changed it a couple years ago so it no longer exactly matches the angle of the home script.
It's a little overitalicsized than the Orioles script, but the sizing is a definite improvement over the previous one and makes it look a ton better. That over-skewing was horrendous.

Am I the only one who loves the current Baltimore script? I don't feel every cursive needs to be flawed and hand drawn, this one looks nice and classy.

I'm a Nationals fan, which means I'm inclined to have a certain distain for the Orioles, but I think besides Pittsburgh and maybe Toronto they have the best roads in the league.

I agree. Baltimore has the best unis in the AL (Could work on the black alt though)

The black alt is perfect when you picture an actual Oriole bird. White trim around the letters would ruin the look.

TX_BaltimoreOriole10.jpg

Orioles.jpg

To each their own. It feels empty to me compared to their other uniforms with outlines

I don't know, I think it works better without the outline on the script. They tried to give the black jersey a script a couple of times and it just looks off.

9xnlb45thwfzyb8e4uovgq64r.png

g3r3hf08f3bdubh3fb2r56wya.gif

coqoinhh3hfnj0gwh5zu7cqxe.gif

To be fair, their orange alternate could probably drop the white outline aswell.

bSLCtu2.png

^ That looks too wispy to me. It's reminds me of the Dodgers' old script logo which differed from the jersey logo.

I agree that the current script is too inorganic, but I still prefer it to the '70s/80s version. However, I much prefer that era's Baltimore script to the current one.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Right guys, if you don't share the same exact opinion on the veterans on this board you will cause a firestorm.

Only if your opinion is that a racist caricature is an acceptable logo in 2014.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Right guys, if you don't share the same exact opinion on the veterans on this board you will cause a firestorm.

Anyway, I've always liked the Orioles uniform. how often do the Orioles still wear those black uniforms anyway?

It is worn every Friday with the O's cap.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've posted in favor of keeping Chief Wahoo and no one has given me a hard time above and beyond what's normal. What are they gonna do? Post at me?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1960s vs. 2014

It's a little overitalicsized than the Orioles script, but the sizing is a definite improvement over the previous one and makes it look a ton better. That over-skewing was horrendous.
To each his own. I liked the overskewing, it looked more organic that way and more cohesive with the home uniform.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived