2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be curious to know if they even bothered to get a team set of grey jerseys. It seems like teams are starting to ignore the "Don't wear similar jerseys" suggestion. The Angels wore red in Houston against the Astros in orange. That's a known clash that the Angels should have gone grey for. And the Angels had their greys with them. They wore them on Sunday.

Maybe the ASG in Minneapolis will be the only time a Marlins wears all-grey this season.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Braves in 70's throwbacks tonight vs. the Mets:

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 2m

#Braves will wear the '70s era uniforms tonight in tribute to Hank Aaron. The white-and-baby blue with the small cursive "a" on cap

https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/453631964369547264

Has to be the uniform Aaron wore when he broke the record.

Go A's!

Braves in 70's throwbacks tonight vs. the Mets:

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 2m

#Braves will wear the '70s era uniforms tonight in tribute to Hank Aaron. The white-and-baby blue with the small cursive "a" on cap

https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/453631964369547264

I'm surprised this wasn't announced before the season started along with the patch.

EDIT: Here is the jersey... Phantom will be happy.

Bku21PSCUAARyJe_zpsd16cf2f5.jpg

The Astros' cap rotation seems backwards to me as well. The solid navy one would look best with the road set. The Saturday look should be the DEFAULT home set--white jersey with orange cap and orange accessories. Might need to change the script from navy to orange though, like they did in the 60s (early 70s?)

As for the beleaguered navy Sunday alt jersey...I like the fact that they incorporated the tequila sunrise pattern, but there's got to be a better way to do it. But for now, the orange-billed cap is the best fit with that jersey.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The comments that I've seen on twitter seem to be overwhelmingly positive about the Braves' "1974" uniforms tonight. Not one of my favorites but the people are enjoying them.

Yes, that extremely limited, self-selecting minor sample of people seem to. Too bad that can't be extrapolated to a larger group at all.

The comments that I've seen on twitter seem to be overwhelmingly positive about the Braves' "1974" uniforms tonight. Not one of my favorites but the people are enjoying them.

Yes, that extremely limited, self-selecting minor sample of people seem to. Too bad that can't be extrapolated to a larger group at all.
It's a look I can get used to, which is ironic since the Braves are one of only about 2 or 3 other teams I could see keeping button-front shirts during the transition to athletic wear.

Archived