2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comments that I've seen on twitter seem to be overwhelmingly positive about the Braves' "1974" uniforms tonight. Not one of my favorites but the people are enjoying them.

Yes, that extremely limited, self-selecting minor sample of people seem to. Too bad that can't be extrapolated to a larger group at all.
It's a look I can get used to, which is ironic since the Braves are one of only about 2 or 3 other teams I could see keeping button-front shirts during the transition to athletic wear.
No team is changing to this, stop living in your make believe world

I'm honestly surprised that there haven't been more pullovers returning to regular uniform rotations. Technically, the Pirates and White Sox are using them as Alternates and that's fine by me.

I like both style of jerseys when they're done right. It all depends on what the subject matter, like that 1983 White Sox uniform won't look good on a button up. I don't think anybody in their right mind wants EVERY TEAM to switch to pullovers, though. There is such thing as there being a team with button up jerseys and a team with pullovers. We've had vests, zippers, etc. in the MLB for the longest time and I never really hated any style. Teams should just strive to be unique and not stick to a cookie cutter formula of things.

bSLCtu2.png

Wasn't it two-tone before? It didn't match the two-tone orange star on the home caps?

No, it didn't match the homes. Glad they fixed it, that always bugged me about the new logos.

astros-hat-blue-orange.jpgastros-hat-orange.jpg

Ah, I hadn't realized. Thanks!

But man, that navy squatchee still bothers the hell out of me.

I agree and I never noticed it wasn't until you just pointed that out. Makes me dislike that orange-billed road cap even more.

As a personal rule for hat design I think that if the bill is a contrasting color from the rest of the hat then the button should match the color of the bill. I can go either way on squatchee color if the entire hat is the same color. So for example the Mets orange squatchee on the all blue hat is okay with me.

I keep forgetting that the orange-billed hat is the road hat and the all-blue is the home. Seems to me that they should be switched.

It's understandable. Different-billed caps are usually the home (Atlanta, Cleveland, and Oakland presently and Baltimore and Philly in the past).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Atlanta should scrap every other alternate it has and stick to the regular home, road and this as a Sunday alternate or something similar.

040914_braves_premium_HS50.JPG

I know it wouldn't be correct, but I think they should use their current A on this hat since it matches the wordmark.

Atlanta should scrap every other alternate it has and stick to the regular home, road and this as a Sunday alternate or something similar.

040914_braves_premium_HS50.JPG

I know it wouldn't be correct, but I think they should use their current A on this hat since it matches the wordmark.

When this set debuted, the Braves used a "Braves" wordmark on the home and away. They later added an "Atlanta" wordmark that used a similar A.

1972-75

nl_1972_atlanta.gif

nl_1976_atlanta.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If the Brewers can wear a completely different logo on their throwbacks, I don't know why the Braves couldn't do the same. Going to a throwback logo that's based on an element of your identity or a former look works a lot better than just throwing something completely out of left field like the horrendously boring Indians block C.

spacer.png

spacer.png

If the Brewers can wear a completely different logo on their throwbacks, I don't know why the Braves couldn't do the same. Going to a throwback logo that's based on an element of your identity or a former look works a lot better than just throwing something completely out of left field like the horrendously boring Indians block C.

Oh, the irony.

As a Braves fan, I love that set of throwbacks! I don't mind the cream but I'd be ok with losing the red and cream while going back to the whites M-Sat and these throwbacks on Sunday at home. I really don't like alt blue unless they add more color/patches/feathers to it. And for the love of God please go back to the red billed hats on the road!

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Buck Showalter is at it again. This past weekend, he was sporting the jacket below.

940x.jpg

A close look shows that it uses the "Baltimore" wordmark from the 60s, not the current one.

1960s vs. 2014

BaltimoreOrioles1970.jpgpMLB2-17498215dt.jpg

Maybe it's his way of celebrating the Orioles' 60th Anniversary season. In any case, this reminds me of his hat with the unused/barely used 50s B.

buck-showalter-hat-300x300.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Oh, the irony.

Did the "Indians" ever wear that? I don't think the team was the "Cleveland Indians" in 1902. I can't see how it would make sense for the current Indians to use a C from over 100 years ago when they were known as the Cleveland Bluebirds/Cleveland Bronchos, and during those years, really weren't that successful.

The Indians can come up with something better than that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't like the B on either one, but I like the old lower case L much better than the new one.

The "B" on the old one is horrid, but the script is more...genuine. It looks like a script. The newer robe looks so contrive and "perfect", like they were trying too hard to make it neat. The result (as with many scripts) is something that looks like it was whipped up by a computer. The old one looks hand-drawn, which is what scripts are supposed to be, and more authentic.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived