2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Astros' font doesn't even need to be super-futuristic so much as just modern. Here's an Astros script I made a few years ago with Space Age-era comic book covers sort of in mind:

kuRAWFw.jpg

Keeps the shooting star from the original orange uniforms, feels dynamic, easy to read.

That's very nice. I'd drop the squished star for a regular one, so it matches the cap star, but even with that it's a huge upgrade.

Well done.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that this should be the Astros' primary home uniform. They should be the MLB team that undeniably owns orange.*

*Of course, I'd try to work in some rainbow (they need a subdued rainbow pattern on there somewhere) and find a more futuristic font (also needed for some flare). As for Miami, San Francisco, and Baltimore, the Marlins should be the modern, almost Oregon-esque team whose thing it is to mix-and-match; the Giants should return to being the black-then-orange team, while, OK, the Orioles can be the orange-then-black team. So, all right, the Astros and Orioles can own orange.

I like the Astros' blue hats for the most part (can we un-bevel the orange star already?), but they should be relegated to road- or alternate-only status. The general "lighter color at home, darker color on the road" applies to them.

I agree, these should have been the primary home uniforms, but the navy with orange trim is still classy. Navy Astros = 1960s, Orange Astros = 1970s. Of course I'm partial, but I believe this team should be the one that everyone associates with orange in baseball.

I just got back from a game at the only ballpark without yellow foul poles, and I think there's a people who would like to have a talk with you.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ya the black looks a lot better, the orange is just too bright and vibrant, it needs to be used very limitedly

I'm at a point where I think bright and vibrant colors need to return to sports. It's getting ridiculous with how nobody is trying anymore and going to navy blue or black or whatever else. Nobody wants to be unique anymore and I'm tired of it.

What about the Athletics, with their green and gold?

What's up with the Mets alternates this year? On MLB 14 The Show, the home alt is a camo one while the away alt is the black jersey.

I thought they had gotten rid of the black jerseys.

It's just a really bad screwup by the developers. There's a bunch more uniform issues in that game.

bSLCtu2.png

What's up with the Mets alternates this year? On MLB 14 The Show, the home alt is a camo one while the away alt is the black jersey.

They have a camo alternate that they'll wear on Mondays and I believe, but am not 100% sure, that the black jersey is still officially listed as an alternate even though they won't (hopefully) actually wear it.

@ monkeypower Don't even get me started on how awesome of a game the show is, but how poor and restricted they are with uniforms. Case in point: My 2 teams...Pirates have current font on throwback Sunday jersey and Rays have Columbia jersey omitted again with the fauxbacks with the wrong hat in their place.

KISSwall09.jpg

Damn, alot of hate on the blacks, i liked the Mets black jersey, made the blue and orange pop aka. really stand out !

BFBS
And the blue doesnt stand out, it actually blends into the black, the same way it did on the Tampa bay lightnings last set
Well, i got several authentic black mets game jerseys, and they look good. i for one think black, blue and orange is a great combo

They have a camo alternate that they'll wear on Mondays and I believe, but am not 100% sure, that the black jersey is still officially listed as an alternate even though they won't (hopefully) actually wear it.

The general theory has been that they keep the black jersey on the books so that they can occasionally break them out for a special event honoring the 2000 team/Mike Piazza when he finally gets voted through.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Damn, alot of hate on the blacks, i liked the Mets black jersey, made the blue and orange pop aka. really stand out !

BFBS
And the blue doesnt stand out, it actually blends into the black, the same way it did on the Tampa bay lightnings last set
Well, i got several authentic black mets game jerseys, and they look good. i for one think black, blue and orange is a great combo
I'm not saying it's a bad combo, I'm saying it's a bad combo for the Mets... and the Islanders... and the Knicks. (What's up with NY blue and orange teams using black)

IbjBaeE.png

The Mets black jerseys are awesome.

I've never understood the hate. I know Paul Lukas and his idiotic "black for black sake" phrase and hate for the black Mets jerseys was a big deal. But I think they look great, plus he's a moron.

The Islanders black jerseys would have been great too if they had just gone with a logo instead of a wordmark.

2ly2w09.jpg

I never liked the Mets in black. I thought it looked terrible and just didn't fit in with 40 years of Mets history in orange and blue. But I had some friends who did like the Mets' black stuff--until they overused it and black became more prominent than blue.

Isn't that actually the BP, which they sometimes wear as an alternate?

Yes, it's the BP jersey, and they wear them for Sunday home games. Like a GD minor league team. I'll hammer them until they get it right: stop dressing like a minor league team. Major League teams should not wear BP jerseys in real games. If they want a navy alt, make a navy alt.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Mets black jerseys are awesome.

I've never understood the hate. I know Paul Lukas and his idiotic "black for black sake" phrase and hate for the black Mets jerseys was a big deal. But I think they look great, plus he's a moron.

The Islanders black jerseys would have been great too if they had just gone with a logo instead of a wordmark.

You are disturbingly obsessed with Paul Lukas, no matter the subject you have to swing it to how he is such a moron because of his so-called agenda. In fact every post I've read of yours you twist somehow to your own moronic agenda. Just because Paul Lukas has enough brain cells to realize Conversatism is for idiots, does NOT mean you have to spend every waking moment of your life thinking of how you're going to fit him into your next post.

I might get in trouble for this post, but I don't care, I've been tired of reading your bull since you joined (I'm a LONG time lurker)

And also the Mets black uniforms were atrocious, people hated them because they looked awful and muddled the whole identity. There, this post is still relevant to the subject at hand now.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

Isn't that actually the BP, which they sometimes wear as an alternate?

Yes, it's the BP jersey, and they wear them for Sunday home games. Like a GD minor league team. I'll hammer them until they get it right: stop dressing like a minor league team. Major League teams should not wear BP jerseys in real games. If they want a navy alt, make a navy alt.

If the Yankees can wear a BP cap in a game, this Astros jersey is a minor offense. I'm afraid it's a lost cause. A noble one, but lost.

So, I was at the Mets game yesterday, and I saw the Braves close up for the first time. Good lord, that is a beautiful uniform, even in the away gray version. I've always admired it, but I suddenly realized yesterday that it was the first time I'd personally seen them, and they look great, especially the red's shimmer in the sunlight.

Speaking of good looking teams, I love the orange and blue Mets. The problem with the black is that the Mets' colors of orange and blue are perfect. They're polar opposites on the color wheel, pop out against each other like crazy, honor the heritage of their home, and are a unique color combination with usually one or less teams employing it per sport. The black uniforms on their own weren't too bad, although they made no sense, but the seepage of the black into the away gray at the expense of most of the blue was a shame. Their current set is a big upgrade.

However, there's one niggling point that I can't get over, and maybe some people can express their opinions on the subject. What is the best Mets home uniform? The pinstripes are beautiful, have a lot of history behind them, and were originally meant as an homage to the city's baseball past. The snow whites are just... so beautiful and clean. It's hard to pick just one, and every time I've made a concept including the Mets, I've preferred the pinstripes as a home (without the stupid "vintage white", why do we have that for a uniform that was worn in the 2000s again?), but have always kept the snow whites as an alternate, because I just can't get rid of them. Which is the better home uniform? Which should they keep?

Johan%2BSantana%2BNew%2BYork%2BMets%2BPhmattharvey.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love the pinstripes, preferably in real (non-vintage) white. They look nicer and have history behind them. The snow whites aren't terrible but they look too dull to me compared to the pinstripes. I think I saw a concept once that replaced the blue piping with orange and I liked that more.

Archived