2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there any difference in color between the Mets' "snow whites" and, say, the Cardinals' home unis?

Nope. When it comes to Mets jerseys, snow whites just means the white ones without pinstripes.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that this should be the Astros' primary home uniform. They should be the MLB team that undeniably owns orange.*

*Of course, I'd try to work in some rainbow (they need a subdued rainbow pattern on there somewhere) and find a more futuristic font (also needed for some flare). As for Miami, San Francisco, and Baltimore, the Marlins should be the modern, almost Oregon-esque team whose thing it is to mix-and-match; the Giants should return to being the black-then-orange team, while, OK, the Orioles can be the orange-then-black team. So, all right, the Astros and Orioles can own orange.

I like the Astros' blue hats for the most part (can we un-bevel the orange star already?), but they should be relegated to road- or alternate-only status. The general "lighter color at home, darker color on the road" applies to them.

I agree, these should have been the primary home uniforms, but the navy with orange trim is still classy. Navy Astros = 1960s, Orange Astros = 1970s. Of course I'm partial, but I believe this team should be the one that everyone associates with orange in baseball.

I just got back from a game at the only ballpark without yellow foul poles, and I think there's a people who would like to have a talk with you.

Eh, the Mets, pretty much like the Tigers, are a team that has almost always used orange as a secondary color in both their logos and uniforms. It was the Astros who went balls out orange as a primary color in 1971, introduced the extremely orange tequila sunrise in 1975, and didn't back off it uniform-wise until '87. It wasn't until 1994 when they removed it as a primary color from their logo. Almost everyone is glad they went back to their original stylings now.

As far as I know, the only other team who could have a real claim to owning orange would be the Orioles who applied it to their uniform word mark way back in 1955, and then came out with those fully orange abominations of uniforms in 1971 that they didn't really back off of until the 1990s.

all_teams_sig_classic_small.pngall_teams_sig4_small.png

I feel that this should be the Astros' primary home uniform. They should be the MLB team that undeniably owns orange.*

*Of course, I'd try to work in some rainbow (they need a subdued rainbow pattern on there somewhere) and find a more futuristic font (also needed for some flare). As for Miami, San Francisco, and Baltimore, the Marlins should be the modern, almost Oregon-esque team whose thing it is to mix-and-match; the Giants should return to being the black-then-orange team, while, OK, the Orioles can be the orange-then-black team. So, all right, the Astros and Orioles can own orange.

I like the Astros' blue hats for the most part (can we un-bevel the orange star already?), but they should be relegated to road- or alternate-only status. The general "lighter color at home, darker color on the road" applies to them.

I agree, these should have been the primary home uniforms, but the navy with orange trim is still classy. Navy Astros = 1960s, Orange Astros = 1970s. Of course I'm partial, but I believe this team should be the one that everyone associates with orange in baseball.

I just got back from a game at the only ballpark without yellow foul poles, and I think there's a people who would like to have a talk with you.

Eh, the Mets, pretty much like the Tigers, are a team that has almost always used orange as a secondary color in both their logos and uniforms. It was the Astros who went balls out orange as a primary color in 1971, introduced the extremely orange tequila sunrise in 1975, and didn't back off it uniform-wise until '87. It wasn't until 1994 when they removed it as a primary color from their logo. Almost everyone is glad they went back to their original stylings now.

As far as I know, the only other team who could have a real claim to owning orange would be the Orioles who applied it to their uniform word mark way back in 1955, and then came out with those fully orange abominations of uniforms in 1971 that they didn't really back off of until the 1990s.

I think you are forgetting the giants

No, I'm not. The Giants have mostly used it as an accent color as well, have they not?

all_teams_sig_classic_small.pngall_teams_sig4_small.png

No, I'm not. The Giants have mostly used it as an accent color as well, have they not?

They do have an orange alt that they still do have.

Loved the Mets camo set they wore today.

Hope that means they will use the camo as an alternate and eliminate the Spanish jersey.

Camos will be worn for every Monday night home game, so four more times.

The Mets black jerseys are awesome.

I've never understood the hate. I know Paul Lukas and his idiotic "black for black sake" phrase and hate for the black Mets jerseys was a big deal. But I think they look great, plus he's a moron.

The Islanders black jerseys would have been great too if they had just gone with a logo instead of a wordmark.

You are disturbingly obsessed with Paul Lukas, no matter the subject you have to swing it to how he is such a moron because of his so-called agenda. In fact every post I've read of yours you twist somehow to your own moronic agenda. Just because Paul Lukas has enough brain cells to realize Conversatism is for idiots, does NOT mean you have to spend every waking moment of your life thinking of how you're going to fit him into your next post.

I might get in trouble for this post, but I don't care, I've been tired of reading your bull since you joined (I'm a LONG time lurker)

And also the Mets black uniforms were atrocious, people hated them because they looked awful and muddled the whole identity. There, this post is still relevant to the subject at hand now.

I don´t know who Paul Lukas is, but i think we found him....welcome to the board "LONG time lurker".....*wink wink*

I've never understood the hate. I know Paul Lukas and his idiotic "black for black sake" phrase and hate for the black Mets jerseys was a big deal. But I think they look great, plus he's a moron.

The Islanders black jerseys would have been great too if they had just gone with a logo instead of a wordmark.

You are disturbingly obsessed with Paul Lukas, no matter the subject you have to swing it to how he is such a moron because of his so-called agenda. In fact every post I've read of yours you twist somehow to your own moronic agenda. Just because Paul Lukas has enough brain cells to realize Conversatism is for idiots, does NOT mean you have to spend every waking moment of your life thinking of how you're going to fit him into your next post.

I might get in trouble for this post, but I don't care, I've been tired of reading your bull since you joined (I'm a LONG time lurker)

And also the Mets black uniforms were atrocious, people hated them because they looked awful and muddled the whole identity. There, this post is still relevant to the subject at hand now.

Hahaha, if my posts have made another person join this site I am damn glad to give back to the community.

You sound like you're stalking me, and you sound :censored:ing insane.

Good for you for being a mindless lib, and also congrats for making up the word "Conversatism," you are like your hero Paul making up words/phrases. It's cute.

You are highly inaccurate in your statements as well. I don't mention him in every post, that would be idiotic. I do mention him when someone uses the phrase "black for black sake" because he came up with the idiotic thing.

Also, accusing me of twisting my posts into my own agenda? The hell is wrong with you? That's what opinions are, they are my personal feelings. I'm not a guy in charge of a blog like he is, that shoves his politics into my publications. I don't have a site or blog or place I'm running, I'm just a guy posting on a forum. So I don't really have an agenda, just my opinion.

Piss off sweetheart.

2ly2w09.jpg

Hahaha, if my posts have made another person join this site I am damn glad to give back to the community.

Good for you for being a mindless lib, and also congrats for making up the word "Conversatism," you are like your hero Paul making up words/phrases. It's cute.

You are highly inaccurate in your statements as well. I don't mention him in every post, that would be idiotic. I do mention him when someone uses the phrase "black for black sake" because he came up with the idiotic thing.

Also, accusing me of twisting my posts into my own agenda? The hell is wrong with you? That's what opinions are, they are my personal feelings. I'm not a guy in charge of a blog like he is, that shoves his politics into my publications. I don't have a site or blog or place I'm running, I'm just a guy posting on a forum. So I don't really have an agenda, just my opinion.

Piss off sweetheart.

Lol stalking you? I have the unfortunate displeasure of having to read your posts on this forum when you post in a thread I'm reading. Heck, I've avoided threads because I saw you posted on them. And I wouldn't even dare read what you wrote in a political thread in feat of getting physically I'll.

I meant Conservatism, though I have my own words for that moronic way of viewing the world that would probably get me banned from this forum. Also I'm not even a Paul Lukas fan (unlike your obsession over him I've hardly ever read him) and I'm also not a liberal. My political views are ABC: Anything But Conservative. The average view of the Republican Party revolves around keeping money from the poor lest they need to survive, and going to pointless wars because a soulless, evil politician scared the public into it.

And sure you don't mention him EVERY post, but you sure as hell bring him up whenever you can. Anytime you disagree with a popular opinion you go off about how "sure that idiot Paul Lukas thinks it, but screw him, I don't even read him even though I'm caught up on his every breath". But I'll concede you don't post about him all the time. Sometimes you mix in some classic xenophobia, as you consider it an unholy sin to honour another country yet you're all aboard these despicable money-whoring camo abominations. Guess what moron, America doesn't have an official language. And if you wish to only acknowledge this nation's "true" language, get English the hell out of here, as the English merely came in and stole this land from the native tribes. In fact I'm horribly offended by English uniforms, how DARE they use that language here, this isn't England!

And LOL please this is a SPORTS LOGOS website. I should have no idea your atrocious political views from simple reading the Sports Logos section of the board, and yet I know them fully well because you shove them into every post you can.

Screw you and your archaic views, they holding this whole species back and I'd like to think this is a forum I could come to where I didn't have to hear them. But nope you have to bring how awful Paul Lukas or Spanish uniforms are in ever damn post. Heck you having. George Bush as your profile pic a while back was enough to make me urge, once I realized somehow you didn't have him there as a joke. I've had enough of it.

Well I'm obviously getting suspended after this post, but it don't care. One last thing, where did you EVER get the idea I joined because of you? You're the number one reason I would have to NOT join this forum. So you piss off, and hey how about your dumbass party allows adults who consensually love each other to live their lives the way they wish to? You're disgusted by homosexuality? I'm disgusted by your whole way of thinking!

Also I prefer the snow whites for the Mets, the pinstripes are nice and all but I feel the Cubs already have the claim on blue pinstripes.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

Piss off sweetheart.

Lol stalking you? I have the unfortunate displeasure of having to read your posts on this forum when you post in a thread I'm reading. Heck, I've avoided threads because I saw you posted on them. And I wouldn't even dare read what you wrote in a political thread in feat of getting physically I'll.

I meant Conservatism, though I have my own words for that moronic way of viewing the world that would probably get me banned from this forum. Also I'm not even a Paul Lukas fan (unlike your obsession over him I've hardly ever read him) and I'm also not a liberal. My political views are ABC: Anything But Conservative. The average view of the Republican Party revolves around keeping money from the poor lest they need to survive, and going to pointless wars because a soulless, evil politician scared the public into it.

And sure you don't mention him EVERY post, but you sure as hell bring him up whenever you can. Anytime you disagree with a popular opinion you go off about how "sure that idiot Paul Lukas thinks it, but screw him, I don't even read him even though I'm caught up on his every breath". But I'll concede you don't post about him all the time. Sometimes you mix in some classic xenophobia, as you consider it an unholy sin to honour another country yet you're all aboard these despicable money-whoring camo abominations. Guess what moron, America doesn't have an official language. And if you wish to only acknowledge this nation's "true" language, get English the hell out of here, as the English merely came in and stole this land from the native tribes. In fact I'm horribly offended by English uniforms, how DARE they use that language here, this isn't England!

And LOL please this is a SPORTS LOGOS website. I should have no idea your atrocious political views from simple reading the Sports Logos section of the board, and yet I know them fully well because you shove them into every post you can.

Screw you and your archaic views, they holding this whole species back and I'd like to think this is a forum I could come to where I didn't have to hear them. But nope you have to bring how awful Paul Lukas or Spanish uniforms are in ever damn post. Heck you having. George Bush as your profile pic a while back was enough to make me urge, once I realized somehow you didn't have him there as a joke. I've had enough of it.

Well I'm obviously getting suspended after this post, but it don't care. One last thing, where did you EVER get the idea I joined because of you? You're the number one reason I would have to NOT join this forum. So you piss off, and hey how about your dumbass party allows adults who consensually love each other to live their lives the way they wish to? You're disgusted by homosexuality? I'm disgusted by your whole way of thinking!

Also I prefer the snow whites for the Mets, the pinstripes are nice and all but I feel the Cubs already have the claim on blue pinstripes.

a7c.gif

2ly2w09.jpg

Loved the Mets camo set they wore today.

Hope that means they will use the camo as an alternate and eliminate the Spanish jersey.

Camos will be worn for every Monday night home game, so four more times.

Only four more times. Good. They're :censored: ing hideous.

:rolleyes:

It seems that every time Legend speaks someone ends up arguing with him. It's quite the thing.

I find it humorous.

I supposed my opinionated nature, on a forum how crazy, and contrarian viewpoints rub people the wrong way.

Also, I admittedly don't always go about things the right way. But people don't like my opinions and viewpoints very often, and rather than being adult about it, they attack me in a passive aggressive type sarcastic manner or just plain aggressive.

2ly2w09.jpg

FWIW, this is still one of my absolute favorite hats.

1234-New-York-Mets-Road-MLB-Authentic-On

I always preferred the all-black alternate.

new-york-mets-alternate-black-pinch-hitt

I thought the white outline with the orange drop shadow was a better presentation of their colors. The orange right against the black right against the blue of the other cap looked dirty.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So, I was at the Mets game yesterday, and I saw the Braves close up for the first time. Good lord, that is a beautiful uniform, even in the away gray version. I've always admired it, but I suddenly realized yesterday that it was the first time I'd personally seen them, and they look great, especially the red's shimmer in the sunlight.

Speaking of good looking teams, I love the orange and blue Mets. The problem with the black is that the Mets' colors of orange and blue are perfect. They're polar opposites on the color wheel, pop out against each other like crazy, honor the heritage of their home, and are a unique color combination with usually one or less teams employing it per sport. The black uniforms on their own weren't too bad, although they made no sense, but the seepage of the black into the away gray at the expense of most of the blue was a shame. Their current set is a big upgrade.

However, there's one niggling point that I can't get over, and maybe some people can express their opinions on the subject. What is the best Mets home uniform? The pinstripes are beautiful, have a lot of history behind them, and were originally meant as an homage to the city's baseball past. The snow whites are just... so beautiful and clean. It's hard to pick just one, and every time I've made a concept including the Mets, I've preferred the pinstripes as a home (without the stupid "vintage white", why do we have that for a uniform that was worn in the 2000s again?), but have always kept the snow whites as an alternate, because I just can't get rid of them. Which is the better home uniform? Which should they keep?

Johan%2BSantana%2BNew%2BYork%2BMets%2BPhmattharvey.jpg

Speaking as a Met-hater, I think the pinstripes (Even with the cream color) are some of the best digs in all of baseball. Right up there with the Cardinals and Dodgers.

I always hated the black, and was very glad when they removed it, but there was a certain aura to them. I'm speaking of the black jersey tops here, always hated the black drop shadow used on...everything else. It was very reminiscent of the NYC skyline, and maybe if the wordmark was predominately white or even orange instead of deep blue it would've worked a lot better, but I think in the end the Mets just work a lot better as a blue & orange team. Classic look.

Archived