2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, alot of hate on the blacks, i liked the Mets black jersey, made the blue and orange pop aka. really stand out !

BFBS
And the blue doesnt stand out, it actually blends into the black, the same way it did on the Tampa bay lightnings last set

Exactly. Orange and blue pop much more against a white background than they ever could against black.

This is the best Mets look, in my opinion. White uniform, blue elements outlined in orange, and the proper cap. Perfection.

145566456_zps417b6317.jpg

Agreed. I love the same piping across the home, road and colored alts. I like keeping the pinstripes as an alt, but I think the "snow whites" make for the better primary homes.

Dodgers whites look whiter than all team whites but im pretty sure theyre all the same

Do you think that has anything to do with the Dodgers being in California and the sunlight is different there? I think the Athletics' white under the sun seems whiter than most teams even though I do also believe they're all the same color

Go A's!

I dont like the pinstripes because I think the Yankees should be the only team in pinstripes in NY

I associate The Mets with pinstripes and I wish they'd wear them more often.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

This is the best Mets look, in my opinion. White uniform, blue elements outlined in orange, and the proper cap. Perfection.

145566456_zps417b6317.jpg

I still vote racing stripe Mets by a long shot:

darryl-strawberry.jpg

But this look is second.

I've always loved the "racing stripes" but the pin stripes killed it for me; just too busy for my liking. Eliminate the unnecessary pin stripes and I think you've got a darn near perfect Mets home uni in my opinion.

Unpopular opinion, but I've always liked the combination of blue, orange and black for the Mets -- something about the color combination would really remind of me of New York at night.

I liked the black when it first started in the late 90s but they got carried away with it and muddled up their entire look. They could have had their black alt with the two tone cap as it was originally introduced and it would have run its course for at least a few hours without effecting the rest of the uniform. Instead the next season they added the 2nd black cap, put black drop shadows on the white and grey jerseys and started wearing the two tone cap exclusively on the road and very often at home. It especially should never have been worn with the pinstripes which they occasionally did. For me that's what helped me grow to hate the black altogether and want to see it jetissoned from their look.

I nevertheless will have great memories of the Mets in black from 1999, 2000 and 2006 because they had a number of great moments wearing them including the 2006 clincher and grand slam single in 1999.

mets.png

Dodgers whites look whiter than all team whites but im pretty sure theyre all the same

032012s119.jpgrs_1024x759-131031142125-1024.Red-Sox-Wi

ya soooooo much whiter

Funny, I always thought the Dodgers home whites had kind of a light blue tint to them.

99d81807a4169871fff8c8c5c033c16d-getty-9

That hat though :puke:
I always hated it...the Blue and Orange always rubbed together and looked purple. It always looked fuzzy.

Anubis.png

Archived